Topic: This is a bright, catchy song. Why wasn't it a hit?
Posted by MikeCurbCongregation
Unregistered

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Because it sucks.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said: Because it sucks.

­
Specifics or stfu, pedo!

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said: Because it sucks.

­
Specifics or stfu, pedo!

­It's just annoying.

The words are trite, no meaning, no depth.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For a song to be good it needs to have intriguing lyrics - words that make you want to listen to the rest of the song, that make you wonder what it is about, that capture your imagination. This is what makes great songs great - lyrics that are compelling and intriguing; and pleasant, enjoyable music that doesn't distract from them, music that helps you to concentrate on the lyrics and helps emphasize the intended emotions that the lyrics are supposed to evoke and convey.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Edelman you say?
\
:jew:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said: For a song to be good it needs to have intriguing lyrics - words that make you want to listen to the rest of the song, that make you wonder what it is about, that capture your imagination. This is what makes great songs great - lyrics that are compelling and intriguing; and pleasant, enjoyable music that doesn't distract from them, music that helps you to concentrate on the lyrics and helps emphasize the intended emotions that the lyrics are supposed to evoke and convey.

Like your favorite, "Wut, wut, in the Butt"?

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said: For a song to be good it needs to have intriguing lyrics - words that make you want to listen to the rest of the song, that make you wonder what it is about, that capture your imagination. This is what makes great songs great - lyrics that are compelling and intriguing; and pleasant, enjoyable music that doesn't distract from them, music that helps you to concentrate on the lyrics and helps emphasize the intended emotions that the lyrics are supposed to evoke and convey.

Like your favorite, "Wut, wut, in the Butt"?

­I'm guessing if that is actually a song, it must be rap, which I don't listen to.

No, by intriguing lyrics I mean songs like these:

Posted by .
Unregistered

That prate station played the Procul Harum last night.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said: That prate station played the Procul Harum last night.

­They were basically a one-hit wonder.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:

­Noise for those suffering from drug-induced arrested development.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:

They had smaller hits.

Robin Trower got his start there.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said:

They had smaller hits.

Robin Trower got his start there.

­Who?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­Who?

70's guitar hero.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said:
­Who?

70's guitar hero.

­The name doesn't ring any bells, but then I don't keep up with accompanists.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:

You're too dumb to understand.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­The name doesn't ring any bells, but then I don't keep up with accompanists.

He was a solo act after Procul Harum.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said:

You're too dumb to understand.

­I understand immature teenage anger and angst; most of us went through that and have long since outgrown it.

Unfortunately those who turn to drugs during their adolescence have their emotional and psychological development halted at whatever age they were when they first began abusing them, so they are rendered permanently immature with the psychological development of a teenager, and the musical taste that so often accompanies it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­I understand immature teenage anger and angst; most of us went through that and have long since outgrown it.

Unfortunately those who turn to drugs during their adolescence have their emotional and psychological development halted at whatever age they were when they first began abusing them, so they are rendered permanently immature with the psychological development of a teenager, and the musical taste that so often accompanies it.

^^^More drug store psychology from the art school dropout.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said:

­You aren't exactly a person with a complex personality. You are obvious and quite easy to assess.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­You aren't exactly a person with a complex personality. You are obvious and quite easy to assess.

^^^More proof of Akins' total ignorane of psychology.

Pro tip: Watching Dr. Phil =/= a psychology degree.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said:

^^^More proof of Akins' total ignorane of psychology.

Pro tip: Watching Dr. Phil =/= a psychology degree.

­I don't watch Dr. Phil.

What I know of human nature is derived from personal introspection and my observation of others - comprehending their motives.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:

­Speaking of drug stores, here's another song with intriguing lyrics:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­What I know of human nature is derived from personal introspection and my observation of others - comprehending their motives.

­
How's that working out for you?

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.