Topic: US : North Korea's ICBM Reentry Vehicles Are Likely Good Enough to Hit the Continental US
Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

http://thediplomat.com/2017/08/us-intelligence-north-koreas-icbm-reentry-vehicles-are-likely-good-enough-to-hit-the-continental-us/

North Korea’s reentry vehicle technology is likely where it needs it to be, but it may choose to test to longer ranges.

The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has assessed that North Korea’s Hwasong-14/KN20 intercontinental-range ballistic missile (ICBM) test launch on July 28 failed to demonstrate successful atmospheric reentry, The Diplomat has learned. The same assessment, however, notes that North Korea’s ICBM reentry vehicles would likely perform adequately if flown on a normal trajectory to continental U.S. targets.

Posted by .
Unregistered

We'll sure.
They can't be used as a pretext if everyone thinks they don't work

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

:banana:  Do the Norks have a gofuckyourself page where people can contribute to their space exploration program?

Posted by .
Unregistered

I'm so triggered by all of this that I've been playing "Homefront" on my XBOX, and watching the "Red Dawn" re-boot NON-STOP!
\
:trev:

Posted by .
Unregistered

North Korea is best Korea.
\
:chinaman:

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

Honestly, now that I am sober again, I would think the re-entry vehichle would be the easiest part.  It's just epoxy in paper or aluminum cells - has to be made very carefully (can't have bubbles) but it isn't rocket science.

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said: Honestly, now that I am sober again, I would think the re-entry vehichle would be the easiest part.  It's just epoxy in paper or aluminum cells - has to be made very carefully (can't have bubbles) but it isn't rocket science.

von Braun had nearly as many problems developing a re-entry vehicle as he did with the boosters.

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

. said:
von Braun had nearly as many problems developing a re-entry vehicle as he did with the boosters.

You just made that up.  The V2 didn't have boosters and didn't go fast enough to need heat shields.  About half the production V2s tumbled and broke up in flight but they didn't burn up in flight.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I'm so triggered by all of this that I've been playing "Homefront" on my XBOX, and watching the "Red Dawn" re-boot NON-STOP!
\
:trev:

The reboot of red dawn blows goats,

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said:
. said:

You just made that up.  The V2 didn't have boosters and didn't go fast enough to need heat shields.  About half the production V2s tumbled and broke up in flight but they didn't burn up in flight.

von Braun worked for the US Army ballistic missile program after the war.

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said: Honestly, now that I am sober again, I would think the re-entry vehichle would be the easiest part.  It's just epoxy in paper or aluminum cells - has to be made very carefully (can't have bubbles) but it isn't rocket science.

­
Actually, it precisely IS rocket science...

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.