Topic: UBER is a fucking joke of a company. No assets. Drivers are self-employed. Just 1000s of fatwhyte
Posted by .
Unregistered

still cheaper than a cab no matter what. and you don't have to hail an uber when you're not in an area where cabs congregate

Posted by .
Unregistered

fatwhyte? I get mostly folks who speak English with some sort of accent.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Whytes used to rule the world.

Now weak whytes drive uber cars to pay off their massive student loans.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Whytes used to rule the world.

Now weak whytes drive uber cars to pay off their massive student loans.

Troof, just look at ­Bell Labs.

Posted by Trollstein
KingDotardTheFat

Uber has Trev devs, but most of the drivers I've seen are poor minorities or people trying to make a little extra money (side gig boi).

Posted by .
Unregistered

https://www.wired.com/story/why-are-new-york-taxi-drivers-committing-suicide/

It was a somber scene outside New York’s City Hall on Wednesday afternoon. Four coffins sat at the foot

of the steps; one by one, taxi drivers covered them with white flowers, before assembling on the steps and
shouting for the city to “stop Uber’s greed” and “stop making us slaves.” It was the second such gathering
in two months, as drivers and their advocates mourned another suicide that they attribute to the rise of
ride-hailing services like Uber and Lyft. That sudden increase in the number of for-hire vehicles on the city’s
streets, they claim, has made it impossible for drivers to earn a decent living.

On March 16, Nicanor Ochisor, a 65-year-old yellow cab driver, took his own life in his Queens home.
According to his family and friends, he had been drowning financially as his prized taxi medallion, on which
he had hoped to retire, plummeted in value. The circumstances surrounding Ochisor’s death were upsettingly
familiar: In February, driver Douglas Schifter shot himself outside City Hall after posting a lengthy statement
to Facebook blaming politicians for letting the streets get so saturated. According to the New York Taxi W
orkers Alliance, a nonprofit group that advocates for drivers, at least two other drivers have killed themselves
since December in response to mounting financial pressures.

At Wednesday’s rally, Bhairavi Desai, the executive director of NYTWA, described the situation as “a living
nightmare.” The assembled drivers echoed her sentiment. Noureddine Afsi said he began driving a yellow cab
in 2001 when a friend said it would be easier money than his job in retail. “You could work nine hours and
easily make $200 in a day,” he recalled. “Now, you’re lucky if you make $50 or $60.” Beresford Simmons,
who has been driving a yellow cab for more than 50 years, expressed a similar frustration: At 71 years old, he
said, he had just had heart surgery and was on dialysis—and he was in no financial position to take a break
from driving. “We have guys at home who are losing their houses,” he said. “I know cab drivers who are
homeless today.”

Posted by .
Unregistered

Easy money
\
:doublewide:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Posted by .
Unregistered

ride a cab and pay the higher rates then you stupid faggot!

Posted by .
Unregistered

Posted by .
Unregistered

:lol:

Posted by ShlomoKramer
Unregistered

yes, but it is very popular, loved by urban hipsters

At one point Amazon looked like it was toast  but look now

Posted by .
Unregistered

What I love about Uber is I use the same fucking app everywhere I go in the US and in Europe (when it is available). I flew in to Germany, used Uber to get to the hotel, rental car, etc. Used Uber back in California to get to the airport, etc.

You just click where you want to go, watch the car come to you, get in and get out. Payment is automatic. It is completely painless and easy to use.
t
I never used a cab unless I had to and when I did, half the time, the driver would try to fuck me by starting the meter early or charging me extra money (Italy/Greeceis the fucking worst). Uber get rid of that fraud angle. And you have a panic button in the app if you need it but all the drivrers I've had have been good. Only one sketchball driver in Portland but you can't even compare that to the cabbies I've met.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I would love to document every black who gives white drivers bad ratings out of stupid racist spite.  I wonder how many white drivers lost their jobs because of it.

But few to zero whites leave racist ratings for black drivers no matter what.

Its unbelievable.  And then they freak out if a white driver cancels on them for having a black name.  As If.  How dare you deny me my right to ruin your ratings.  You will serve me and i will hate you for it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

A day in the life on an Uber driver:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

Anjali seems like the kind of woman who would cumb when raped.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I would love to document every black who gives white drivers bad ratings out of stupid racist spite.  I wonder how many white drivers lost their jobs because of it.

Its unbelievable.  And then they freak out if a white driver cancels on them for having a black name.  As If.  How dare you deny me my right to ruin your ratings.  You will serve me and i will hate you for it.

­
I’m a white woman and I do the exact opposite.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
. said: Uber is transforming cities and transportation

Beyond them, the sharing economy will transform the entire nation.

­It is an unlicensed taxi company with a phone app :rofl:

­

How is sharing a ride different than carpooling or the college ride board?    People gave you a ride home on spring break and you gave them $20 for gas.   How is Uber any different?  And, why the Hell do you need a license to drive a taxi?
/
:winner:

1.  "People gave you a ride home on spring break and you gave them $20 for gas.  How is Uber any different?"

FUCK SAKE, AYRTS?  Because an Uber driver is trying to MAKE A LIVING FROM GIVING PEOPLE RIDES.  :dumbass:  

2.  "Why the Hell do you need a license to drive a taxi?"

FUCK SAKE, WAYSA?  Because driving a taxi is a BUSINESS.  A BUSINESS with people's lives LITERALLY at stake.  You need Hire And Reward INSURANCE to drive paying passengers in a taxi.  There are countless cases of Uber drivers not having proper insurance.  If a paying passenger gets killed or injured as a result of an Uber driver's actions or negligence then the injured party, or their surviving relatives need COMPENSATING.

Secondly, VULNERABLE people need to use taxis, and need to be SAFE i.e. single females, children going to school (yes, not every country on earth has those retarded yellow buses, in a lot of countries kids in rural areas go to school by taxi), pensioners and so on.  ALL taxi drivers must be vetted to ensure they are SAFE for the public to trust.  That means an enhanced criminal record check.  Got a criminal record?  CAN'T BE A TAXI DRIVER!  Got a sex offence registered against you?  CAN'T BE A TAXI DRIVER!

Thirdly, taxis have to undergo AT LEAST two vehicle inspections per year to ensure they are safe and roadworthy. The vehicles have to be licensed and display a prominently visible badge, medallion, licence plate etc. 

ALL of these things are done to safeguard the paying public.  THAT is why you need a licence to drive a fucking taxi, just as you need to a licence to be a dentist, or a doctor, or anything else that literally has the lives of paying customers in their hands.

I should beat you unconscious for being so fucking retarded.  You worm.
/
:oldlady:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: I would love to document every black who gives white drivers bad ratings out of stupid racist spite.  I wonder how many white drivers lost their jobs because of it.

­
I’m a white woman and I do the exact opposite.

Social media, or, to give it its technical nomenclature, (((((social media)))))), is a literal form of cancer, infecting and destroying society.

Mark "$3 T-Shirt" Sugarmountain, is the ugly, ginger figurehead whose image should be shown in cinemas, like Goldstein's was in 1984, so that the public can express their 2 minutes of hatred for him.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

That's flat wrong.  Read the book Pound Foolish.  The poor and middle class now spend LESS on those things than previous generations.  The individual is not to blame for being frivolous.  It is the system that moves all the money up to the 1%, guts the middle class.  In Asia and Europe you get free education, free health care, free university, cheap and clean public transportation, little violence, and a cable/phone package for $40 a month.  If America would join the rest of the world instead of being involved in 11 wars, these people with money troubles would vanish.

­
Europe?

LOL

Compare Europe's median wages with US median wages. Go ahead. Nobody makes jack shit in Europe. The US has 200,000 families that have over 25 million. There are almost 20 million millionaires in the US. That's about 8% of the population.

The US is RICH AS FUCK. Europe isn't even close.

Take look. Europe is a joke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_average_wage

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
1.  "People gave you a ride home on spring break and you gave them $20 for gas.  How is Uber any different?"

FUCK SAKE, AYRTS?  Because an Uber driver is trying to MAKE A LIVING FROM GIVING PEOPLE RIDES.  :dumbass: 

The vast majority of Uber driver I've had drove Uber as a side gig, not a full time job.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I sure the hell wouldn't get into a car driven by a blackie.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

How is sharing a ride different than carpooling or the college ride board?    People gave you a ride home on spring break and you gave them $20 for gas.   How is Uber any different?  And, why the Hell do you need a license to drive a taxi?

if we did same thing with medical care, my god , 

instead of getting a quack you'd get someone with 500 five star ratings.  i'd take the 500 five star ratings over a phony medical license

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.