Topic: Why are the IT departments at every Fortune 500 completely overrun by South Asians?
Posted by .
Unregistered

?

Posted by .
Unregistered

its like a modern day railroad.

Posted by .
Unregistered

shitty work americans wont do or won't do well. Long hours, doing exactly what you are told, not questioning anything. You don't have to be Einstein for 90% of corporate work,  even software dev.

Typical apps involve time tracking, bean counting, customer service scripts, etc. You can copypasta and do very well./

Posted by CoolieLabor
Unregistered

They hire their own
They lie on their resumes about experience and skills
They cheat in school
They are often foreigners on visas, easy to abuse

Posted by .
Unregistered

CoolieLabor said: They hire their own
They cheat in school

:potd:

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

One simple reason: they cost less for the same result.  Deal.
\
:fatcat:

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said: One simple reason: they cost less for the same result.  Deal.
\

Not true. Ever program for a bank? You need to understand obscure finance shit like repo allocations and interest rate swaptions. These guys make $200k writing shitsmell code and they are all H-1b.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
teapots.nli said: One simple reason: they cost less for the same result.  Deal.
\

Not true. Ever program for a bank? You need to understand obscure finance shit like repo allocations and interest rate swaptions. These guys make $200k writing shitsmell code and they are all H-1b.

There is a line between quant work and bullshit. Most of those systems could be broken down into boxes of tasks and a monkey could fill in the blanks.

Posted by .
Unregistered

They cheat in school

I just took an interview and they gave me a depressingly hard hackerrank problem that everyone is crying about on glassdoor. I take my hat off to the Indians that can solve that in 15 min. They deserve the job.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
They cheat in school

I just took an interview and they gave me a depressingly hard hackerrank problem that everyone is crying about on glassdoor. I take my hat off to the Indians that can solve that in 15 min. They deserve the job.

:lol:, I take it you are new here.

Apu, sir, can you handle fizzbuzz? I'll be back in an hour to check on your progress.
\
:pedohunter:

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

Americans who are qualified generally don't want the work.

Posted by .
Unregistered

To create the bank website, apps, customer service, hr, etc? Indians are perfect for that. They have tons of buddies that help them and the bank don't give a fuck. They work cheap and don't complain much. The extra money goes into the C-suite bonuses. the code don't have to win ACM awards, just barely function.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Yeah, I notice that stackoverflow and other sites are probably 80% Asian(of all types, mostly Indians), then Russians. Top Hackerranks are from China and Ukraine. 
Americans work in those twinky startups when they are young. I'm probably going to leave the field, all that is left for me is a shitty cube job(which I'm probably past the sell by date) or freelancing where I compete with Armies of Indians working for peanuts.
I'm not smart enough to really make it big on my own :cry:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Original_Lonley_Guy_ said: Americans who are qualified generally don't want the work.

I worked in a bank and it sucked. I would compare it to being a bottom for some guy that treats you like shit.

I remember there was a deadline and there were delays beyond my control, I was getting calls from Asia at 3AM. This went on for a month. I was putting in over 80 hours a week. Then the department moved to India, had to fight for a few weeks of severance pay, I worked out a deal where I documented the system and be available for help after I leave(I got $35 a call p/h, they wanted to pay $20).­ They did pay ASAP when I did support, they paypaled the money to short circuit the corporate bullshit. It wasn't a huge amount.

Posted by .
Unregistered

NYboi, KSFB.

Posted by .
Unregistered

IT is dead. Are you talking about PC support? That is so centralized today.  A help desk in India to reset passwords and administer the routers and switches. A vendor like Dell or HP to swap out hardware, no one cracks open a machine anymore. A new machine is crossshipped and you plug into the network to get an image of your machine. A secretary has a box with mice and keyboards. I guess there are some windows administrator jobs left but that is really perfect to do in India.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: NYboi, KSFB.

­Yeah, this faggot sucks.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: IT is dead. Are you talking about PC support? That is so centralized today.  A help desk in India to reset passwords and administer the routers and switches. A vendor like Dell or HP to swap out hardware, no one cracks open a machine anymore. A new machine is crossshipped and you plug into the network to get an image of your machine. A secretary has a box with mice and keyboards. I guess there are some windows administrator jobs left but that is really perfect to do in India.

­Not corporate IT. Application Development.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I was talking to a headhunter and he said you or I probably have a better chance of being the CEO than getting a programmer job in [BIGBANK X]. It is all Indian, and they hire their own. They run the zoo now. He told me if they see an American name he never hears back.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I was talking to a headhunter and he said you or I probably have a better chance of being the CEO than getting a programmer job in [BIGBANK X]. It is all Indian, and they hire their own. They run the zoo now. He told me if they see an American name he never hears back.

­
Not true. Plenty of the people responsible for hiring in IT/programming are still white and they hire Indians because they're cheaper and because of their visa status, can be made to work longer for less pay.

Anyway, the H-1B program is dying in the US so why keep discussing the program ad nauseum?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Not true. Plenty of the people responsible for hiring in IT/programming are still white and they hire Indians because they're cheaper and because of their visa status, can be made to work longer for less pay.

Anyway, the H-1B program is dying in the US so why keep discussing the program ad nauseum?

­The decline in H-1B applications is more likely the result of shrinking IT workforces. You don't need H-1Bs when the entire dept is offshored to India.

Posted by JuCoHustla
Unregistered

lots of whites still in higher ed IT support

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­The decline in H-1B applications is more likely the result of shrinking IT workforces. You don't need H-1Bs when the entire dept is offshored to India.

­
Bullshit. More whites are getting IT jobs now in America. Thanks to Trump and no thanks to the rich white traitors who created the H-1B program in the first place.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Bullshit. More whites are getting IT jobs now in America. Thanks to Trump and no thanks to the rich white traitors who created the H-1B program in the first place.

­AYRTS, IA?

Posted by .
Unregistered

:lol:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.