Topic: Confronted dad about having easy, mindless, talentless security guard job. His response?
Posted by .
Unregistered

Very eloquent. He said, "YEW DON'T KNOW SHIT, BOI"
                                        \ 
                                       :CHICKENHAWK:

:LOL:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Dude was a security guard for 30 years. :lol:  You think the guy's bright?

Posted by .
Unregistered

:lol: oooooooooh shit

' ' I would not recommend anyone becoming a security guard. It is a mundane dead end job.

Huckleberry3911948

i love security work was always a big help and btw a little boredom in what has been for the most part a stressful life is good, ok to tread water from time to time on the pathway of life.

L210

Many former security guards have successfully gone into law enforcement, corrections, and the military and that's about it. Security experience is not really valued anywhere else. While there are many security guards who don't do much and work in relatively safe environments, there are just as many who face the dangers of bodily injury and death for less than $10 an hour. People often find this comment offensive, but most security guards have below average intelligence. The smartest ones are usually the young ones doing it temporarily or semi-retired police/military.

It may be kind of pathetic, but being a security guard is pretty awesome sometimes

Discussion in 'The Vestibule' started by Pokerstar87, Sep 3, 2012.

Date Posted: Sep 3, 2012#1

I mean I'm sitting here at work, about to crack open my 3rd beer, posting on the vesti from my laptop and getting ready to watch Men In Black 3 in a bit all while getting time and a half for the holiday. Yeah alot of the time I feel like I should be doing something more in life, but sometimes it's just too damn sweet to pass up

Posted by .
Unregistered

:lol:

Posted by death2me
Squandered opportunities.

Meh. Nothing wrong with that (other than the minimum wage not being livable).

Posted by .
Unregistered

Didn't that wildly successful author work a security job where he basically did nothing but write his books while getting paid and shirked the vast majority of his­ responsibilities?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Mindless talentless dummie said: Neh. Nothing wrong with that (other than the minimum wage not being livable).

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said: Meh. Nothing wrong with that (other than the minimum wage not being livable).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxnNc37IcAAx0dM.jpg:large

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

One of my favorite artists was a security guard for most of his life to supplement his art teaching pay. He didn't sell many paintings when alive.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Original_Lonley_Guy_ said: One of my favorite artists was a security guard for most of his life to supplement his art teaching pay. He didn't sell many paintings when alive.

Do you post as a dot regularly, or just that one time in this thread?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: :lol: oooooooooh shit

' ' I would not recommend anyone becoming a security guard. It is a mundane dead end job.

Huckleberry3911948

i love security work was always a big help and btw a little boredom in what has been for the most part a stressful life is good, ok to tread water from time to time on the pathway of life.

L210

Many former security guards have successfully gone into law enforcement, corrections, and the military and that's about it. Security experience is not really valued anywhere else. While there are many security guards who don't do much and work in relatively safe environments, there are just as many who face the dangers of bodily injury and death for less than $10 an hour. People often find this comment offensive, but most security guards have below average intelligence. The smartest ones are usually the young ones doing it temporarily or semi-retired police/military.

It may be kind of pathetic, but being a security guard is pretty awesome sometimes

Discussion in 'The Vestibule' started by Pokerstar87, Sep 3, 2012.

Date Posted: Sep 3, 2012#1

I mean I'm sitting here at work, about to crack open my 3rd beer, posting on the vesti from my laptop and getting ready to watch Men In Black 3 in a bit all while getting time and a half for the holiday. Yeah alot of the time I feel like I should be doing something more in life, but sometimes it's just too damn sweet to pass up

YEW DOH KNOW SHIT BOI
\

Posted by .
Unregistered

William Faulkner wrote As I Lay Dying while working the night shift at a power plant.  Bukowski wrote after work at the post office and finally quit to write.  TS Eliot worked at a bank, Kafka was an insurance lawyer.  Einstein worked in the patent office.  

Being busy is overrated.  Some of the greatest ideas and best people did nothing - but had time and silence to create and to be happy.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
YEW DOH KNOW SHIT BOI
\

­hi jean!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: William Faulkner wrote As I Lay Dying while working the night shift at a power plant.  Bukowski wrote after work at the post office and finally quit to write.  TS Eliot worked at a bank, Kafka was an insurance lawyer.  Einstein worked in the patent office.  

Being busy is overrated.  Some of the greatest ideas and best people did nothing - but had time and silence to create and to be happy.

I'm gonna be the Einstein of Xbox.
\
:GenY:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.