Topic: I was talking to my 18yo neighbor, he is a senior getting ready for college
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Tell him to look into the electrician's union

They pay YOU to learn and at the end of five years you've got a job making $100K working six months out of the year, do your own shit the rest of the time, like buying houses and fixing and upgrading the electrical system while one of your buddies in plumbing does the pipes and another one in carpentry reframes shit and hangs doors.  Fix up ten houses in your neighborhood and your primary residence doubles in value too

­

Residential Electrical work is full of :mexican: that will work for next to nothing.

Industrial/Commercial electrical work occurs at 500v-14,000v and requires brain, skill, and luck to not get killed or legitimately injured at some point.­

Unionized electrical work entails workplace politics and problems, the likes of which your brain cannot fathom. They also have far less work than non-union, where you are far more likely to get killed.­

Construction is seasonal and highly dependent on economic cycle.

Taking up a skilled, dangerous trade without knowing anything about any trade is about the worst idea I've ever heard of :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

They pay YOU to learn and at the end of five years you've got a job making $100K working six months out of the year, do your own shit the rest of the time, like buying houses and fixing and upgrading the electrical system while one of your buddies in plumbing does the pipes and another one in carpentry reframes shit and hangs doors.  Fix up ten houses in your neighborhood and your primary residence doubles in value too

america is broken, this hardworking approach will not work with the globalists plans :moreyouknow:

Posted by .
Unregistered

­
:bullshit:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Tell him to get an ADHD diagnosis or something similar so he can get on disability. This is the new American dream. He needs to act fast though so he can continue to claim his parents' income as the basis for how much he will get.

Posted by .
Unregistered

43yrOldMale said:
This is true. Most 18yr old girls are fuckking 43 yr old guys

­
I'm mid 50s and I can probably get any 20 something I set my sights on. That wasn't the case at all when I was young. It is like a fucking paradise. I have money and throw it around on them. The young guys can't do that. And I just tell them what I want them to do and they do it. They like to be ordered around.

Posted by .
Unregistered

He sounds like a total dumbass kid.

If he is stupid but just wants to get laid, he will get endless opportunities in college since the typical woman will have slept with 30+ men by age 30.  I am 43 and in my days it was more like 5-10 count because internet dating and hookups were not yet fully a thing.  All he has to do to get laid is shower, smile, and show some confidence even if he knows he is not hot shit.  

If he is smart and wants an education he has all sorts of resources on the web that were never there for my generation.  He can know as much as someone in a masters program without having to set foot in an actual program.  If he finds work in a profession that has a union called “an association”, the republicans will stay silent and he will have a huge advantage over people not in the union.  He is fucked if he plans to do some liberal arts bullshit or law school.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
43yrOldMale said:
This is true. Most 18yr old girls are fuckking 43 yr old guys

­
I'm mid 50s and I can probably get any 20 something I set my sights on.
\
:milton:

­

:lol: :pipe:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Tell him to get an ADHD diagnosis or something similar so he can get on disability. This is the new American dream. He needs to act fast though so he can continue to claim his parents' income as the basis for how much he will get.

­Then hit up gamestop on the way to chronic sativa treatment and tgeres nothing else you need in life

Posted by .
Unregistered

OnlyFans, son.
\
:brimley:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­

Residential Electrical work is full of :mexican: that will work for next to nothing.

Industrial/Commercial electrical work occurs at 500v-14,000v and requires brain, skill, and luck to not get killed or legitimately injured at some point.­

Unionized electrical work entails workplace politics and problems, the likes of which your brain cannot fathom. They also have far less work than non-union, where you are far more likely to get killed.­

Construction is seasonal and highly dependent on economic cycle.

Taking up a skilled, dangerous trade without knowing anything about any trade is about the worst idea I've ever heard of :lol:

­
I would suggest HVAC before electrician. You could make a fortune just swapping out residential capacitors. Not very dangerous if you have 1/2 a brain and cut the power. 

Electrician is very dangerous, heavy work, they earn every penny.Anything with powerlines multiplies that by a power of 2.

Posted by JuCoHustla
Unregistered

OP, he toned it down for you.  It is much worse than this.

Did he mention the segregated new student orientations?

Posted by .
Unregistered

I met one dude who did high voltage work for decades.  He said nobody ever got electrocuted since they practice the best safety practices.  He was union, FWIW.

Posted by WojackMemester
Unregistered

. said: I was a college freshman in 1993-during orientation the guide said the school is an ally to the gay community.  Half of us started to laugh.  Would probably get you kicked out today.

­

Based

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I met one dude who did high voltage work for decades.  He said nobody ever got electrocuted since they practice the best safety practices.  He was union, FWIW.

­
Depends on the work environment. Construction vs maintenance, industrial vs. Commercial, government vs non-government. Large contractor vs small, career with same contractor or union hiring hall.­

And who your partner is, and how many nonunion trades are present on the job site.­

Some dudes got 9 lives and nothing ever happens to them. It’s uncanny.

Posted by .
Unregistered

If he is an 18 year old senior in November of this year he must have been left back a year, especially if he didn’t just have a birthday. Someone in high school should turn 18 in spring or later of their senior year.

Posted by .
Unregistered

GEORGE_BAILEY said:
Disagree. ­When you’re old enough to do simple arithmetic, you’re old enough to start learning the basics of personal finance. When I was in grade school, we were encouraged to set up savings accounts through a program sponsored by a local bank. I had a bank book before I had my first new bicycle. Not teaching kids how to get their piece of the capitalist system they were born into is cheating them for life.

­
No need for that anymore.  (((We))) will handle finances for weak whytes.    Weak whyte males will only need to learn to be obedient once they are put on a trail of tears. That is the only relevant thing.

Posted by .
Unregistered

JuCoHustla said: OP, he toned it down for you.  It is much worse than this.

Did he mention the segregated new student orientations?

­
No worries for weakwhyte males. You will be resting in the mass shallow graves soon - no need to worry about orientations

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I met one dude who did high voltage work for decades.  He said nobody ever got electrocuted since they practice the best safety practices.  He was union, FWIW.

­Look up arc fault/flash. Pretty fucking scary.

Posted by .
Unregistered

There's no way in Hell I'd go to college today.  Fuck being in debt for the rest of your life for an education.  There is far too much free content available online to learn on your own.  All you're paying for is a diploma.

Besides, many of the brightest minds in history were self-educated.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.