Topic: Prepper boards are buzzing.
Posted by .
Unregistered

Prepper shops making bank.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Is that why WP hasn’t posted here today?

Posted by .
Unregistered

everyone knows that shit is going to hit the fan big time pretty soon.

Posted by .
Unregistered

MREs, Dried stores, Air re-conditioning rigs, fucking steel... Everything is panic time inflation monies now!

Posted by .
Unregistered

'bout time to off Vlad.

it's getting out of control.

/off top

Posted by .
Unregistered

What can I do to prep at home? I already have guns and ammo but I’m just a dorky white guy. Where can I get MREs?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: What can I do to prep at home?  I already have guns and ammo but I’m just a dorky white guy. Where can I get MREs?

­lbs of beans. 

Lbs of pasta

Canned tomatoes

2 lbs of sugar

5 lbs of flour. 

Kool aid

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: What can I do to prep at home?  I already have guns and ammo but I’m just a dorky white guy. Where can I get MREs?

­
Ignore MREs.  They are the least cost-effective way to eat.

Go to CostCo.  For about $100, you can get huge bags of rice, beans, sugar and flour. Then fill a small freezer with chicken and assorted meats. Buy another $200 in bulk spices, coffee, canned meats, nut butters, and other stuff, and you're good for a few months.

If you're super paranoid, buy some powdered protein, vitamins, etc.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

Go to CostCo.  For about $100, you can get huge bags of rice, beans, sugar and flour. Then fill a small freezer with chicken and assorted meats. Buy another $200 in bulk spices, coffee, canned meats, nut butters, and other stuff, and you're good for a few months.

­solid advice

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­lbs of beans. 

Lbs of pasta

Canned tomatoes

2 lbs of sugar

5 lbs of flour. 

Kool aid

­
CostCo is your friend.  25 lbs rice. 25 lbs flour. 10 lbs sugar. 25 lbs beans. All for about $100.

20 lbs pasta, and 20 jars pasta sauce.

Large cans / multipacks of canned chicken, salmon, tuna, sardines.

15 lb. smoked ham.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
­

­solid advice

­
Thank you.

Ignore the "patriot" MRE packages that are marketed to "preppers."  Think like a normal person in 1830 who was headed out into the prairie:  Beans, flour, rice, corn meal, and tons of canned / smoked / preserved proteins. Also, dried red beans, pinto beans, black eyed peas, etc., will last 2 years before they start losing their nutritional value.  Dried grits, polenta, etc., will also keep good for a long time.

Also, buy a small moonshine still online while you still can.  Learn to make a decent vodka -- it's not that hard.  If shit hits the fan, it will belike currency.  If not, you have a cool hobby.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
CostCo is your friend.  25 lbs rice. 25 lbs flour. 10 lbs sugar. 25 lbs beans. All for about $100.

20 lbs pasta, and 20 jars pasta sauce.

Large cans / multipacks of canned chicken, salmon, tuna, sardines.

15 lb. smoked ham.

­
What am I going to do with 25 lbs of flour?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

­You're gonna make Hardtack son. Like our forefathers in the Confederacy.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Thank you.

Ignore the "patriot" MRE packages that are marketed to "preppers."  Think like a normal person in 1830 who was headed out into the prairie:  Beans, flour, rice, corn meal, and tons of canned / smoked / preserved proteins. Also, dried red beans, pinto beans, black eyed peas, etc., will last 2 years before they start losing their nutritional value.  Dried grits, polenta, etc., will also keep good for a long time.

Also, buy a small moonshine still online while you still can.  Learn to make a decent vodka -- it's not that hard.  If shit hits the fan, it will belike currency.  If not, you have a cool hobby.

yeah, even more solid advice, thanks! GF won't let me have a still but she's ok with me having cases of vodka around in the basement.
gonna need it. this is going to be a very rough winter around the globe i think.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Same stupid advice in the last months of 1999z

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­lbs of beans. 

Lbs of pasta

Canned tomatoes

2 lbs of sugar

5 lbs of flour. 

Kool aid

­
you also need some way to cook all that when the power and gas go out

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

­
Make bread, gravy, pancakes.  Use it to add calories to any meat you cook by breading and frying it.

Learn to cook a little if you want to take the "prepper" thing seriously.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
yeah, even more solid advice, thanks! GF won't let me have a still but she's ok with me having cases of vodka around in the basement.
gonna need it. this is going to be a very rough winter around the globe i think.

­
Again, your welcome.

I've been thinking of buying a copper still; they have some decent ones online for a few hundred bucks. 

Not because I'm a prepper, but because I'll be retiring soon and don't want to drive the missus crazy by sitting in the house all day.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
you also need some way to cook all that when the power and gas go out

­
A standard Coleman grill and charcoal are your friend.

Wood is all around, unless you live in Manhattan or something.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
A standard Coleman grill and charcoal are your friend.

Wood is all around, unless you live in Manhattan or something.

­yup. we got the wood, 2 grills, propane too. and a fireplace.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I'm not a prepper.  But I do believe that shit can hit the fan.

So, I have 1,000 rounds of ammo, and 3 plastic containers of food that would last 3 months.  And, in my pantry, if there are things that I like that have shelf lives of a couple of years  -- pasta, pasta sauce, tuna, sardines, CostCo canned chicken breast, etc. -- I buy in bulk.

Overall, I could probably last about 4-5 months on what I have.  I've been thinking about buying a freezer for meat.  Again, I'd only stock it with stuff I'd eat under normal circumstances, so I'm not throwing away 50 pounds of prepper goods in 2-3 years.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I'm not a prepper.  But I do believe that shit can hit the fan.

So, I have 1,000 rounds of ammo, and 3 plastic containers of food that would last 3 months.  And, in my pantry, if there are things that I like that have shelf lives of a couple of years  -- pasta, pasta sauce, tuna, sardines, CostCo canned chicken breast, etc. -- I buy in bulk.

Overall, I could probably last about 4-5 months on what I have.  I've been thinking about buying a freezer for meat.  Again, I'd only stock it with stuff I'd eat under normal circumstances, so I'm not throwing away 50 pounds of prepper goods in 2-3 years.

­gre. my girl is smart. she's been buying meat to go into freezer #2. the real problem with that though is that if the grid goes down and its hot out, we'll lose all the meat.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­gre. my girl is smart. she's been buying meat to go into freezer #2. the real problem with that though is that if the grid goes down and its hot out, we'll lose all the meat.

­solar

Posted by .
Unregistered

yeah we got some solar but this shit is getting really expensive. generator will be next.
much simpler solution is just put trump back in the white house.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: yeah we got some solar but this shit is getting really expensive. generator will be next.
much simpler solution is just put trump back in the white house.

­You moron!:lol:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.