Topic: Does it make more sense for your 2nd gun and so on to remain the same caliber for simplicity?
Posted by .
Unregistered

Stick with the plentiful and cheap 9mm or is it better to switch to .40 for variety?

Posted by .
Unregistered

How many rounds do you plan to shoot a month?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: How many rounds do you plan to shoot a month?

­
I've only been to the range once for the private lesson with a lady friend and tomorrow is the CCW class. I'd probably make a point of going monthly.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Learn to shoot first.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Get a .22 which is a lot cheaper to shoot.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Learn to shoot first.

Yeah, I did that first.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Get a .22 which is a lot cheaper to shoot.

­
That's interesting, so I plan to eventually get a 1911 style and in that case I would get 2 of the same model but use the .22 the most for practice?

Posted by .
Unregistered

You took one class.

I know it now!
\
:winner:

Posted by .
Unregistered

I'm just asking for some advice before I go in for the big CCW class and all the salesmen there.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: That's interesting, so I plan to eventually get a 1911 style and in that case I would get 2 of the same model but use the .22 the most for practice?

­That's probably not a bad idea but.... You're thinking of concealed carrying a 1911?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I'm just asking for some advice before I go in for the big CCW class and all the salesmen there.

­
Fuck this stupid troll.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­That's probably not a bad idea but.... You're thinking of concealed carrying a 1911?

­
No, I am happy with the S&W M&P Shield I got. It seems to be all I need for that but i'm interested in others for sport and hobby. I went by the big outdoor range the other day. It's not as impressive as I'd hoped but it's another option beside the indoor place.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I'm just asking for some advice before I go in for the big CCW class and all the salesmen there.

­it's easier to CC a compact pistol.  Go down in caliber the smaller the physical size of the gun. There isn't anything wrong with a .380.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­it's easier to CC a compact pistol.  Go down in caliber the smaller the physical size of the gun. There isn't anything wrong with a .380.

­
The shield fits easily in the front pocket of the pants I wear the most but I haven't got any holsters yet. I'm going to let the sales tards/experts help with that tomorrow.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
That's interesting, so I plan to eventually get a 1911 style and in that case I would get 2 of the same model but use the .22 the most for practice?

­
RIA makes awesome pieces in rimfire, check em out.

Posted by .
Unregistered

And ever since I got my S&W M&P Shield I've met THE cutest guys. Turns out carrying one of the world's gayest guns has its unexpected benefits.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I have a Ruger LCP which is .380. I carry it most of the time because it is well concealed in my pocket, I’ve even carried it through a pat down into a sketchy club.

Then I have a full frame double stack 9mm. I love shooting it but I can really only wear it in the winter because I need a heavy flannel or jacket to begin to conceal it. And it surely won’t get past a metal detector or pat down.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.