Topic: I just bought an air rifle. Spent around $400 on the setup.
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
It would be cool if you could just pump it. Buy 50,000 pellets and you'd be set for life. 

­
you wouldn't be set for life, though.  these things have high internal pressures and eventually the seals need to be serviced.

Posted by .
Unregistered

damn gun obsessed idiots, they never learn.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Does NJ treat .22LR differently than centerfire rifles?   California does and there's a lot fewer restrictions

­No, sir, they apparently do not.

I struggle enough with my faggot home state laws (CT).  These are worse.

No difference between .177, rimfire or .577 Nitro Express.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Duckford.nli said: 10 foot pounds of energy lethal to a raccoon?  Where do they came up with this?

­I have seen this number many times.  It assumes a well-placed head shot:

This the minimum energy you need on IMPACT with "head-shots"

1) Gray squirrel/Fox Squirrel - 4.5fpe
2) Eastern Cottontail/Swamp Rabbit - 4fpe
3) Jack Rabbit White, Black, and Jack O' lope - 4.5fpe
4) Raccoon/ Bandit - 9fpe.. if it's a big one, 10fpe.
5) Virginia Opossum/ County Rat - 10fpe
6) Ground Hog/ Wood Chuck - 7-8fpe (depending on size)
7) Gray Fox - 8.5fpe
8. Red Fox - 9.5-10fpe
9) Bobcat - 9fpe
10) Bullfrog - I have no clue, but 2fpe should do the job.
11) Snapping Turtle - no clue again but I would think at least the same as bird or squirrel.
12) Crow - 3.5 fpe head, 6fpe body/vitals
13) Pigeon - 3 fpe head, 5fpe body/vitals
14) Sparrow - 2.5fpe, it doesn't matter where you hit them.
15) Starling -

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
It would be cool if you could just pump it. Buy 50,000 pellets and you'd be set for life. 

­
you wouldn't be set for life, though.  these things have high internal pressures and eventually the seals need to be serviced.

­Again, that's a PCP.  Springer has some advantages.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Does NJ treat .22LR differently than centerfire rifles?   California does and there's a lot fewer restrictions

­Never heard of this. AFAIK all firearm restrictions apply equally to small calibers in CA. Only caliber I know is treated differently is .50cal.

Posted by .
Unregistered

If you don't use tactical nukes for possum control WAYSA?

Posted by .
Unregistered

This is the rifle I purchased.  Needless to say, I got rid of the scope they sent and ordered a nice Leapers.

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/hatsan-95-air-rifle-combo-walnut-stock?m=2678#5497

Posted by Duckford.nli
Unregistered

. said:
­I have seen this number many times.  It assumes a well-placed head shot:

This the minimum energy you need on IMPACT with "head-shots"

1) Gray squirrel/Fox Squirrel - 4.5fpe
2) Eastern Cottontail/Swamp Rabbit - 4fpe
3) Jack Rabbit White, Black, and Jack O' lope - 4.5fpe
4) Raccoon/ Bandit - 9fpe.. if it's a big one, 10fpe.
5) Virginia Opossum/ County Rat - 10fpe
6) Ground Hog/ Wood Chuck - 7-8fpe (depending on size)
7) Gray Fox - 8.5fpe
8. Red Fox - 9.5-10fpe
9) Bobcat - 9fpe
10) Bullfrog - I have no clue, but 2fpe should do the job.
11) Snapping Turtle - no clue again but I would think at least the same as bird or squirrel.
12) Crow - 3.5 fpe head, 6fpe body/vitals
13) Pigeon - 3 fpe head, 5fpe body/vitals
14) Sparrow - 2.5fpe, it doesn't matter where you hit them.
15) Starling -

­Seems kinda bullshit to me.  Muzzle energy, or calculated average energy at range?  What weight of pullet, what caliber and shape? 

Flat numbers like that are concerning.  Becuase terminal effect is more broad and dependent on variable.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Duckford.nli said:
­Seems kinda bullshit to me.  Muzzle energy, or calculated average energy at range?  What weight of pullet, what caliber and shape? 

Flat numbers like that are concerning.  Becuase terminal effect is more broad and dependent on variable.

­I'll be putting a 26 grain .25 cal "Hades" hollowpoint pellet into the thing's head from 15 yards.  It will die painlessly and open its eyes in the garbage pail in the sky.

I had the animal lined up with a .22 when I was down a few weeks ago.  It had gone right into the barn and actually took a step towards me from no more than 12 feet away.  It's not afraid of people.

I did not pull the trigger because my car was right behind it, although I do not think I would have missed.

I have equipped the rifle with a match-grade scope and will be able to shoot a cunthair off a moth with that and a shooting stick (Primo's).

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­No, sir, they apparently do not.

I struggle enough with my faggot home state laws (CT).  These are worse.

No difference between .177, rimfire or .577 Nitro Express.

What are some of the restrictions in your State?  I have a few rifles(mostly semi-autos) and shotguns(pump and semi) and am thinking about buy a home in CT.  What would I have to do to bring my stuff there legally?

I guess biggest concern would be do you need some sort of Firearms ID Card like in NJ that you need to file an application for and they ask medical questions like obviously mental illness or depression?

What firearm restrictions are in place for AR-type and AK-type rifles.  What about M1A's?  Do they have an assault weapon ban like in NYS?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: This is the rifle I purchased.  Needless to say, I got rid of the scope they sent and ordered a nice Leapers.

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/hatsan-95-air-rifle-combo-walnut-stock?m=2678#5497

­Why would you get this instead of a Gamo or Ruger or Crossman or Beeman

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: This is the rifle I purchased.  Needless to say, I got rid of the scope they sent and ordered a nice Leapers.

­This Diana gives me an erection like Princess Diana!
https://www.airgundepot.com/diana-340-n-tec-premium-air-rifle.html

Posted by .
Unregistered

Also this is pretty interesting
https://www.airgundepot.com/beeman-grizzly-x2-air-rifle-combo.html#1073GP

Beeman Gas Ram Dual-Caliber

Available in .177, .177 & .22 caliber capability in a classic wood stock

Posted by Duckford.nli
Unregistered

. said:
­I'll be putting a 26 grain .25 cal "Hades" hollowpoint pellet into the thing's head from 15 yards.  It will die painlessly and open its eyes in the garbage pail in the sky.

I had the animal lined up with a .22 when I was down a few weeks ago.  It had gone right into the barn and actually took a step towards me from no more than 12 feet away.  It's not afraid of people.

I did not pull the trigger because my car was right behind it, although I do not think I would have missed.

I have equipped the rifle with a match-grade scope and will be able to shoot a cunthair off a moth with that and a shooting stick (Primo's).

­That should be enough.  Just spend plenty of time with it on targets to make sure you anre the gun are on.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­Never heard of this. AFAIK all firearm restrictions apply equally to small calibers in CA. Only caliber I know is treated differently is .50cal.

­
In CA, rimfire rifles don't have to be "featureless" to have removable magazines where as centerfire rifles do.

Posted by .
Unregistered

best thing about air rifles is you don't have to clean them

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­Why would you get this instead of a Gamo or Ruger or Crossman or Beeman

­Of the .25 rifles, this and an $800+ model were the ONLY ones the place had that were legal in NJ.  The $800 model is supposed to be as loud as a .30-30.

Most airguns now have either a shrouded barrel or in-built silencing.  In NJ, any type of silencing makes the gun illegal.  Yes.  The NJ politicians are that fucking stupid.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: best thing about air rifles is you don't have to clean them

­You do.  It's just a lot simpler than breaking down an actual boom-boom firearm.  Many people swear by putting gun oil on shots claiming it gooses the FPS.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­Of the .25 rifles, this and an $800+ model were the ONLY ones the place had that were legal in NJ.  The $800 model is supposed to be as loud as a .30-30.

Most airguns now have either a shrouded barrel or in-built silencing.  In NJ, any type of silencing makes the gun illegal.  Yes.  The NJ politicians are that fucking stupid.

­Wow, you are quite the fucking whiner.  WTF do you want to shoot anyway?  Where do you live you live a Central or, even worse, fucking Southern New Jersey.  You dirtbags might as well be living in Buttfuck, Kentucky or Sister Fucking, Alabama

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Having it shipped to my sister's house in NJ as she has a farm and also a bit of a chipmunk and raccoon issue.  We've been down here for a week while she's away (I am also an owner of this property technically).

Of the hundreds and hundreds of hunting-grade air guns on the market, there are something like three models that are legal in NJ.  There was one for $900 that is used for hunting wild pigs and is as loud as a 30-30. 

I went with a break-open model that develops about 27 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle with a 26gr pellet, where 10 is considered lethal for a raccoon.  Probably has at least 20FPE after a 20-yard flight.

The $900 model would have pink-sprayed a chipmunk.

NJ treats any kind of baffling on an AIR GUN as ILLEGAL and it is a FELONY offense.

When the FUCK FUCKING FUCK has a crime occurred with a "silenced" air fucking gun?

Anti-gun tards are so fucking gay.

­
That's a joke.  .22 has WELL over 100 foot-pounds of muzzle energy, really closer to 200.

Shoulda bought a 22

Sucker born ery minute.

:snicker:

https://www.mcarbo.com/22LR-Ballistics-Chart

Posted by .
Unregistered

I bought an air rifle!

:trev:

Posted by .
Unregistered

2nd Amendment says you can have whatever you want.  Fuck NJ.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
What are some of the restrictions in your State?  I have a few rifles(mostly semi-autos) and shotguns(pump and semi) and am thinking about buy a home in CT.  What would I have to do to bring my stuff there legally?

I guess biggest concern would be do you need some sort of Firearms ID Card like in NJ that you need to file an application for and they ask medical questions like obviously mental illness or depression?

What firearm restrictions are in place for AR-type and AK-type rifles.  What about M1A's?  Do they have an assault weapon ban like in NYS?

­The laws are similar to NY's.  No ARs.  There is an "assault weapons ban" which is just as stupid as it sounds.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
That's a joke.  .22 has WELL over 100 foot-pounds of muzzle energy, really closer to 200.

Shoulda bought a 22

Sucker born ery minute.

:snicker:

https://www.mcarbo.com/22LR-Ballistics-Chart

­I own .22s, you fucking retard.  I wanted to buy an air gun.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.