Topic: I just bought an air rifle. Spent around $400 on the setup.
Posted by .
Unregistered

Having it shipped to my sister's house in NJ as she has a farm and also a bit of a chipmunk and raccoon issue.  We've been down here for a week while she's away (I am also an owner of this property technically).

Of the hundreds and hundreds of hunting-grade air guns on the market, there are something like three models that are legal in NJ.  There was one for $900 that is used for hunting wild pigs and is as loud as a 30-30. 

I went with a break-open model that develops about 27 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle with a 26gr pellet, where 10 is considered lethal for a raccoon.  Probably has at least 20FPE after a 20-yard flight.

The $900 model would have pink-sprayed a chipmunk.

NJ treats any kind of baffling on an AIR GUN as ILLEGAL and it is a FELONY offense.

When the FUCK FUCKING FUCK has a crime occurred with a "silenced" air fucking gun?

Anti-gun tards are so fucking gay.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Guntardo Americano.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Before some jerkoff gets in with the point, we are actually having the piece sent to an FFL, not directly to my sister's house.

Sister's husband as a NJ ID and will pick up the gun.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Having it shipped to my sister's house in NJ as she has a farm and also a bit of a chipmunk and raccoon issue.  We've been down here for a week while she's away (I am also an owner of this property technically).

Of the hundreds and hundreds of hunting-grade air guns on the market, there are something like three models that are legal in NJ.  There was one for $900 that is used for hunting wild pigs and is as loud as a 30-30. 

I went with a break-open model that develops about 27 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle with a 26gr pellet, where 10 is considered lethal for a raccoon.  Probably has at least 20FPE after a 20-yard flight.

The $900 model would have pink-sprayed a chipmunk.

NJ treats any kind of baffling on an AIR GUN as ILLEGAL and it is a FELONY offense.

When the FUCK FUCKING FUCK has a crime occurred with a "silenced" air fucking gun?

Anti-gun tards are so fucking gay.
\
:winner:
\
Gib Me More Gunz

Posted by .
Unregistered

Don't you need a Firearm Purchasers ID Card in New Jersey?

What rifle did you buy?  Also, what rifle is capable of hunting wild hogs?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Guntardo Americano.
\
:lib:

­Airgun shooting is the fastest-growing sport in the UK, too, refuckingtard.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Don't you need a Firearm Purchasers ID Card in New Jersey?

What rifle did you buy?  Also, what rifle is capable of hunting wild hogs?

­I don't have the receipt in front of me.  Will check later.  It was a Turkish-made weapon.

Yes, you need one of those cards.

The hog-hunting one was an Air Force.  It was similar to the models on this page, but they all seem to have silencers.

https://www.airforceairguns.com/category-s/189.htm

Posted by .
Unregistered

This is the exact model.  Air Force Condor.  There are YT videos of people using this to hunt hogs.  And this one is cute compared to the Air Force .50 cal.

https://www.airforceairguns.com/AirForce-Airguns-Condor-Air-Rifle-p/u204325.htm

Posted by .
Unregistered

Gun loving retards.

:facepalm:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­I don't have the receipt in front of me.  Will check later.  It was a Turkish-made weapon.

Yes, you need one of those cards.

The hog-hunting one was an Air Force.  It was similar to the models on this page, but they all seem to have silencers.

https://www.airforceairguns.com/category-s/189.htm

­Ah yes I am familiar with the Air Force models.

Jersey is Hellish.  Somewhat worse than NYS.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Spent around $400 on the setup... Derp.
\
:crazygeorge:­

Who cares.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Girardoni its cool :gramps:

Posted by .
Unregistered

New Jersey requires air rifled to go through an FFL?

What a shit mafia infested state. Please don't come to free America with that cuck bullshit.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I prefer using a musket. Then if I miss or would an animal I can club it to death.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Gun loving retards.

:facepalm:

­
Maybe we're racoon hating retards, did you stop to consider that?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: New Jersey requires air rifled to go through an FFL?

What a shit mafia infested state. Please don't come to free America with that cuck bullshit.

­This is why i got the hell out of there in the 90's, it had been going to shit for awhile but just fell off a fuckin cliff with the draconian authoritarianism. Screw that shithole.

Posted by .
Unregistered

What's the advantage of this over a .22? 

It would be cool if you could just pump it. Buy 50,000 pellets and you'd be set for life. But this thing needs a tank that in the apocolypse will be a lot rarer than just regular bullets for a rifle.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: What's the advantage of this over a .22? 

It would be cool if you could just pump it. Buy 50,000 pellets and you'd be set for life. But this thing needs a tank that in the apocolypse will be a lot rarer than just regular bullets for a rifle.

­
Lewis and Clark traversed the entire continent with one air rifle between themb

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Before some jerkoff gets in with the point, we are actually having the piece sent to an FFL, not directly to my sister's house.

Sister's husband as a NJ ID and will pick up the gun.

­You have to do FFL transfers on air rifles? :wtf:

Posted by .
Unregistered

­Same question. Is it some bullshit law that disallows firearms discharge but air rifles are OK?

Posted by .
Unregistered

only one animal deserves to be ambushed and there is a gaggle of weak, fat, ugly ones here

Posted by Duckford.nli
Unregistered

10 foot pounds of energy lethal to a raccoon?  Where do they came up with this?

Air pellets don't do permanent stretch cavities, so they kill by crushing tissue alone.  Penetration, total damage along the wound track, and shot placement are what counts, and the biggest problem with an air rifle on small game is wither it will penetrate deep enough or not.  Then you can wing an animal with a small, light pellet and not kill them, and they will either live and heal, or go around wounded until they die.  And maybe they'll crawl under your step, your old building, or crawlspace to die after you wound it.

Last time I shot a racoon, it was with 2,600 foot pounds of energy.  Worked very effectively.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: only one animal deserves to be ambushed and there is a gaggle of weak, fat, ugly ones here
:afk:

­:lol:

We need more gun threads.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­Same question. Is it some bullshit law that disallows firearms discharge but air rifles are OK?

There is no difference in NJ law between this air rifle and a .50BMG.

I have a couple of .22LR guns, and I have the Colibri .22 ammo, which is very quiet, especially in my 10/22. 

Few reasons I wanted to try the air rifle.

1) It does NOT need a tank.  This is a "springer."  Anyway, with the PCPs (guns with reserve air), you can blow them up with hand-pumps.  The one I bought you cock it breaking open the barrel.  This is a great end-times rifle because the ammo costs nothing, and as long as you have a BB or a ball bearing from a bike, you can hunt a squirrel or rabbit.  I have a spring-driven pellet gun that we've had in the family for 60 years (Diana) that still shoots powerfully, although not accurately.

2) Should still be fairly quiet and I think soft lead hollow-point pellets maybe safer on the overpenetration side than the .22 short/quiet.

3) For the fun of it.

4) My guns are at my home and I am down here.  For $400 I got the rifle, a sweet scope and 300 rounds of ammo.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Does NJ treat .22LR differently than centerfire rifles?   California does and there's a lot fewer restrictions

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.