$36,515
MSRP: $26,515

Posted by .
Unregistered

What vehicle?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: What vehicle?

­https://www.metrofordny.com/inventory/new-2022-ford-maverick-xl-fwd-4d-crew-cab-3fttw8e39nra62453/

Guess anything getting 42 city (its a hybrid) is worth gold today.­

But 36K for a BASE model XL truck?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Cheapest F150 is 50K wow. But a cheap F150 is loaded up like a top F150 from 20 years ago.

Posted by .
Unregistered

No inventory.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Supply and demand

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Cheapest F150 is 50K wow. But a cheap F150 is loaded up like a top F150 from 20 years ago.

­

I don’t think a simple pickups has been made in atleast 5 years

Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered

. said:
­

I don’t think a simple pickups has been made in atleast 5 years

­Buy a commercial vehichle they are stripped down Mad Max style.  A friend of mine bought a one ton truck and it doesn't even have interior panels.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The best truck you can buy now is a Ford F-350 with the 7.3 gas engine.  It will go up in value once they ban all new V8 engine production and sales.  It weights 6000 pounds and is guaranteed to kill or cripple anyone who runs a red light or cuts in front of you.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: The best truck you can buy now is a Ford F-350 with the 7.3 gas engine.  It will go up in value once they ban all new V8 engine production and sales.  It weights 6000 pounds and is guaranteed to kill or cripple anyone who runs a red light or cuts in front of you.

­I am partial to the 6.2

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: The best truck you can buy now is a Ford F-350 with the 7.3 gas engine.  It will go up in value once they ban all new V8 engine production and sales.  It weights 6000 pounds and is guaranteed to kill or cripple anyone who runs a red light or cuts in front of you.

­I am partial to the 6.2

­Both excellent choices. 6.2 is a bit less I think. The Ford dealer here sells tons of the 6.2 SuperDuties to Fleets. A very base truck, few options, but reliable as the flames of hell.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

­I am partial to the 6.2

­Both excellent choices. 6.2 is a bit less I think. The Ford dealer here sells tons of the 6.2 SuperDuties to Fleets. A very base truck, few options, but reliable as the flames of hell.

­I have a loaded 6.2L F150. The pinnacle of Truckdom. I drive like an old man, get 15-16mpg.

Posted by .
Unregistered

People thought I was stupid for the last couple years pouring my money into two older cars and getting them up to snuff to run like a top for another 150K each until it's time to do it again.  Not so stupid anymore.  I put $20K into an Explorer and a Mustang, both of which had limped along serviceably for our famliy for a total of ten years of service between the two.  $20K into them and I'm telling you they're good for another 150K each with normal maintenance at this point, shouldn't be much parts replacement for quite a while on either one.

Redid the leather and the seat rack and the lumbar on the driver's seat in the Mustang with a heated seat insert, getting ready for summer, right?  and that's good, so looking at doing both front seats in the Explorer with the green Eddie Bauer leather and heated inserts.  I think it will run another like $1200 to get that done and then the seats are good for another 20 years.

Maybe I could have sold them both to buy one decent late model used car.  Maybe.  But it would still be worn and need work anyway they all do.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.