Topic: Zerohedge - how can you take a media site seriously that uses a Fight Club quote as it's motto?
Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

:facepalm:

That's just embarrassing.

Posted by The Gumbi
I ran Richie Richvale off

Has the site ever actually been right about anything?

Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

The Gumbi said: Has the site ever actually been right about anything?

­
I'm over the age of 14 so I don't read it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

You can trust a guy who is guilty of insider trading.

Posted by Taylor Durden
Unregistered

:winner:

Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

Oh jesus the site has a low punctuation, rambling "manifesto" that sounds like it was written by a angst-written teenager. Look at this shit.

though often maligned (typically by those frustrated by an inability to engage in ad hominem attacks) anonymous speech has a long and storied history in the united states. used by the likes of mark twain (aka samuel langhorne clemens) to criticize common ignorance, and perhaps most famously by alexander hamilton, james madison and john jay (aka publius) to write the federalist papers, we think ourselves in good company in using one or another nom de plume. particularly in light of an emerging trend against vocalizing public dissent in the united states, we believe in the critical importance of anonymity and its role in dissident speech. like the economist magazine, we also believe that keeping authorship anonymous moves the focus of discussion to the content of speech and away from the speaker- as it should be. we believe not only that you should be comfortable with anonymous speech in such an environment, but that you should be suspicious of any speech that isn't.

Posted by The Gumbi

Katalyst said: Oh jesus the site has a low punctuation, rambling "manifesto" that sounds like it was written by a angst-written teenager. Look at this shit.

though often maligned (typically by those frustrated by an inability to engage in ad hominem attacks) anonymous speech has a long and storied history in the united states. used by the likes of mark twain (aka samuel langhorne clemens) to criticize common ignorance, and perhaps most famously by alexander hamilton, james madison and john jay (aka publius) to write the federalist papers, we think ourselves in good company in using one or another nom de plume. particularly in light of an emerging trend against vocalizing public dissent in the united states, we believe in the critical importance of anonymity and its role in dissident speech. like the economist magazine, we also believe that keeping authorship anonymous moves the focus of discussion to the content of speech and away from the speaker- as it should be. we believe not only that you should be comfortable with anonymous speech in such an environment, but that you should be suspicious of any speech that isn't.

Have a laugh with this:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

Posted by Mascara.nli
Unregistered

The Gumbi said:
Have a laugh with this:

:laugh:

Posted by The Gumbi

Mascara.nli said:
 The Gumbi said:
Have a laugh with this:

:laugh:

"The site posts nearly indecipherable analyses of multiple seemingly unrelated subjects to point towards a consistent theme of economic collapse any day now."

:lol: Sounds very familiar

Posted by .
Unregistered

how can you seriously take CIA establishment connected and corporate owned mass media like ABC, CBS, CNN, NYTimes, WaPo ?

Posted by The Gumbi

. said: how can you seriously take CIA establishment connected and corporate owned mass media like ABC, CBS, CNN, NYTimes, WaPo ?

You're right, the CIA controls every news outlet in the USA so it's best to read Zero Hedge despite the fact that they are constantly wrong.

Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

The Gumbi said:
Have a laugh with this:

­
"It has accurately predicted 200 of the last 2 recessions.[citation NOT needed]"

:lol:

Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

. said: how can you seriously take CIA establishment connected and corporate owned mass media like ABC, CBS, CNN, NYTimes, WaPo ?

Well, considering that Zero Hedge steals content from those CIA Jews what's the point of reading it?

Accusations of plagiarism

Tyler has a habit of taking other people's research, sometimes adding a slant to it of economic doom if it isn't there already, and posting it on Zero Hedge.[12] This included a series of reports leaked from Merrill Lynch's chief economist David Rosenberg.[13] Lawyers were sent with takedown notices, and were not moved by his claims of censorship about publishing theircopyrighted documents. Morgan Stanley had the same issue later, and is considering legal action in addition to demanding the material be taken down.[14]

Posted by The Gumbi

Katalyst said:
­
"It has accurately predicted 200 of the last 2 recessions.[citation NOT needed]"

:lol: Love that

Posted by .
Unregistered

The Gumbi said:
Katalyst said:
­

:lol: Love that

­I was just about to quote that as well.  Fucking priceless!

Posted by .
Unregistered

X

Posted by .
Unregistered

I am the second poster in this thread. :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

:oolong:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I am the second poster in this thread. :lol:

:snicker:

Posted by .
Unregistered

­God damn, there are some debilitatingly stupid people posting here.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­God damn, there are some debilitatingly stupid people posting here.
\
:cry:

Your tears of defeat are still delicious.

Posted by Tyler Turden
Unregistered

The first rule of Zero Hedge is: You do not talk about Zero Hedge. The second rule of Zero Hedge is: You do not talk about Zero Hedge.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Your tears of defeat are still delicious.

­^ What a moron. :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Tyler Turden said: The first rule of Zero Hedge is: You do not talk about Zero Hedge. The second rule of Zero Hedge is: You do not talk about Zero Hedge.

:stfu:

Posted by Tyler Turducken
Unregistered

Tyler Durden is a :hen:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.