Unregistered

?

Posted by .
Unregistered

hell yeah
:pirates:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Considering that the colonists would rather hop on board a wooden vessel propelled by cloth held against the wind and then risk their lives by sailing on it for months to cross an entire ocean and get to the Americas than stay there, I'm going to say no.

Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

. said: Considering that the colonists would rather hop on board a wooden vessel propelled by cloth held against the wind and then risk their lives by sailing on it for months to cross an entire ocean and get to the Americas than stay there, I'm going to say no.

­
:potd:

Posted by Without prejudice
Unregistered

. said: Considering that the colonists would rather hop on board a wooden vessel propelled by cloth held against the wind and then risk their lives by sailing on it for months to cross an entire ocean and get to the Americas than stay there, I'm going to say no.
/
:rascal:

­You make it sound as if they had a choice :rolleyes:  The fact is, only the dreck of society was expelled to the New World. The absolute bottom of the fucking barrel.  
/
:moreyouknow:

Without prejudice

Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

Hell I wouldn't want to live there NOW.

Posted by .
Unregistered

1600's is when they started to really figure shit out. especially with my dog isaac rockin out

Posted by Without prejudice
Unregistered

Katalyst said: Hell I wouldn't want to live there NOW.

­And, just as then, you aren't allowed to :pwned:
/
Without prejudice

Posted by .
Unregistered

1600s castles are romanticized but in reality they were dark, dinghy shitholes that stank of stale piss and were infested with rats.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Could  go see a Shakespeare play performed by Shakespeare in the first decade of the century.  Of course, plague, civil war, joyless but vicous puritanism fires would become issues.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Fuck no.  The smell.  Not saying peasants never washed or shit like that, but if you've ever been to a church or castle, it fucking reeks of ass.

Also, what the fuck am I supposed to do for a living?  Pitch hay bales?  

Pick the bride with the most teeth?  The least buboes on her?  Discover that premarital sex was a thing back then?  

As a time traveling archaeologist with a way to get back to the future, hell yeah.  But other than that, no.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Fuck no.  The smell.  Not saying peasants never washed or shit like that, but if you've ever been to a church or castle, it fucking reeks of ass.

­I think this is overstated.  People didn't like shit smell any more back then they do now.

Posted by .
Unregistered

In a heartbeat, though I'd like a guarantee I won't get appendicitis.

Posted by .
Unregistered

piles of shit everywhere in the castle. people shit in there pants and wearit the next day because there wasnt enough pants. shit like grout between the stones.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The castles reeked. Imagine how the poor lived :cry:. I see why they ran to America.

Posted by T-34.nil
Unregistered

No thanks, but I would 18th Century.  Would volunteer for experiments at the Royal Society in exchange for gin.  :snoopy:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Fuck no.  The smell.  Not saying peasants never washed or shit like that, but if you've ever been to a church or castle, it fucking reeks of ass.

Also, what the fuck am I supposed to do for a living?  Pitch hay bales?  

Pick the bride with the most teeth?  The least buboes on her?  Discover that premarital sex was a thing back then?  

As a time traveling archaeologist with a way to get back to the future, hell yeah.  But other than that, no.

­a castle still reeks after 500 years?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­a castle still reeks after 500 years?

­
They're still Brits today. Nothing's been cleaned.

Posted by T-34.nil
Unregistered

. said:
­
They're still Brits today. Nothing's been cleaned.

­A little more moss has grown on the teef.  Otherwise nothing changed.  Tradition.  :nigel:

Posted by .
Unregistered

We know almost nothing about Shakespeare the man--reading things into what he wrote is pointless for the most part.  We can see his rural roots in Stratford, and he's very knowledgeable about  leather and so forth, as one would expect, but past that almost nothing.

Many think Constance's lament from King John reflects Will's grief over the loss of his son, Hamnet:

“Grief fills the room up of my absent child,

Lies in his bed, walks up and down with me,
Puts on his pretty look, repeats his words,
Remembers me of his gracious parts,
Stuffs out his vacant garments with his form”

However, within the same year he writes some of his most hilarious comedy.  I think Falstaff was introduced in this time.

So I'd like to meet himb and see what his personality was like.  Know what he did during the "Lost Years."  Interview his wife.  Why did he leave her the "second-best bed"?

Posted by .
Unregistered

1663 PEpys wrote: "drank a sort of French wine called Ho Bryen that hath a good and most particular taste I never met with".

Wouldn't have minded being there.  Guy was an all-time horndog and party animal.  Drinking Haut-Brion with him would have been a hoot

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: 1663 PEpys wrote: "drank a sort of French wine called Ho Bryen that hath a good and most particular taste I never met with".

Wouldn't have minded being there.  Guy was an all-time horndog and party animal.  Drinking Haut-Brion with him would have been a hoot

­
Pepys was a fucking legend. Relentless alpha and a great servant of the reich to boot. The human stuff of which ascendancies are made.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Without prejudice said:
/
:rascal:

­You make it sound as if they had a choice :rolleyes:  The fact is, only the dreck of society was expelled to the New World. The absolute bottom of the fucking barrel.  
/
:moreyouknow:

Without prejudice

­
Yet, once they got there, they were more free than those who stayed in Europe and they were more free than any other generation that has ever stepped on North American soil.

It was tough, life was hard, you didn't live long, but if you wanted to, you could pack your stuff, built a camp and live out there within nature, catching tons of fish and hunting game that was seemingly infinite back then. No cops, no laws, no taxes, just you, your virgin squaw and an untouched land. Doesn't seem that bad when compared to this shit existence that we're experiencing right now.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Yet, once they got there, they were more free than those who stayed in Europe and they were more free than any other generation that has ever stepped on North American soil.

It was tough, life was hard, you didn't live long, but if you wanted to, you could pack your stuff, built a camp and live out there within nature, catching tons of fish and hunting game that was seemingly infinite back then. No cops, no laws, no taxes, just you, your virgin squaw and an untouched land. Doesn't seem that bad when compared to this shit existence that we're experiencing right now.

­What a jerk-off.  You would have been flayed by settler-hating indigenous people looking for revenge and "your virgin squaw" would have been saved from the kidnapping and returned to her people.  She'd ride home on a saddle cloth made from your worthless, splotchy hide.

Posted by .
Unregistered

­
:potd: :potd: :potd:

:mittens:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.