Topic: Cartards, thoughts on aftermarket brake pads.
Posted by .
Unregistered

For $20 it's hard to say no unless they really suck.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Probably will stop but expect noise and lots of brake dust.

Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered

Brakepads need to be a subscription service much like vaccine boosters or software.  We need to get away from this idea of "owning" things.  

:stewart:

Posted by .
Unregistered

They suck, but what doesn't these days

Posted by .
Unregistered

I saw some video how they make cheap brake pads! They have barefoot Indian guys loading powder in a press. In the end the product is wrapped and goes in a shiny box with a brand name. You would never know otherwise.
They seem to take a lot of pride in their work, weighing stuff out, etc. Could be better quality than some tyrone in Gary Indiana.

Posted by .
Unregistered

As opposed to buying oem at the dealer? Who the fuck does that? Ebc or Bendix is all I use.

Posted by .
Unregistered

way back when the difference was huge. unless you are getting rid of the vehicle, get proper ones.

Posted by .
Unregistered

billionaires here worried about a $35 pair of decent brake pads :oldlol:.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Is the warranty on the box?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: As opposed to buying oem at the dealer?  Who the fuck does that?  Ebc or Bendix is all I use.

­Yeah major brands only for brakes. I also like advance auto platinum brand. Very happy with them, they are very high quality.
No value craft shit. Brakes here fail more for rust jacking than wear.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Is the warranty on the box?

Get from advance auto. Order online, find a discount code. Get their gold or platnium. Lifetime warranty. Can't go wrong with those. They are made one of the major OEM suppliers.

Next best is buying OEM, you can buy online but watch for very cheap prices. THey are fakes. Buy from a dealer who sells at cost on ebay.

Posted by .
Unregistered

If your not experiencing a fade you dont need better pads. If you are might as well up your pad,rotor and fluid

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: way back when the difference was huge. unless you are getting rid of the vehicle, get proper ones.

­
That’s the thing, though. If you don’t drive like a jackass, brake pads should last 80-90K miles. If you’re not planning on keeping the car to 160K miles, you’re investing in the next guy’s brakes.

That’s why I buy Rural King batteries. At 5-7 years, the battery goes out. I probably won’t have the car for 14 years so no need to buy the good stuff.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.