Topic: I really want acreage on a river where I can raise a little cattle and maybe a pig or two
Posted by .
Unregistered

plant a bunch of fruit trees and nut trees for the longer term and in the near term do some raised bed gardening for year round production with a greenhouse and whatever else I can find to work with.  Probably stock up on different kinds of fertilizer like blood meal and bat bone or whatever else is out there.

The Southeast would be good, Texas, Florida if it wasn't getting so expensive, South Carolina, West Virginia if I could get close to a population center

Posted by .
Unregistered

Like this place

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/750-Sorghum-Rd-Saint-Stephens-Church-VA-23148/194778518_zpid/

Posted by .
Unregistered

Looka that shit, 38 acres, privacy, the sounds of nature around you, and the Eastern seaboard a half a day's drive away, which is also far enough away.

Posted by .
Unregistered

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/555-Manning-Wood-Dr-Winston-Salem-NC-27105/123898389_zpid/

That one would be awesome, 28 acres tucked between a mall and a suburban development, all the trees and isolation you want and three minutes from walmart and city water, dang.  That's a good one.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Don’t raise pigs. They escape and become feral nuisance

Posted by .
Unregistered

Howdy neighbor
:mammy:

Posted by .
Unregistered

You gonna slaughter & butcherthose animals yourself op? 
Or will you need to have some Mexicans do it for you? :aww:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: You gonna slaughter & butcherthose animals yourself op? 
Or will you need to have some Mexicans do it for you? :aww:

­
VP Spiro T Cheney will slaughter anything you bring him, if he can keep the rectum for companionship and/or food

Posted by .
Unregistered

looks good on paper OP but actually maintaining all that shit is more than a full time job for 2 or 3 people at least.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Don’t raise pigs. They escape and become feral nuisance

­
Is it a thing to deliberately release pigs in an area to breed, so you can hunt them later? If you're a bit irresponsible it seems like a great way to get unlimited free food with no effort.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Go, you will not be missed.

Posted by .
Unregistered

he'll still have internet dumbass....

Posted by .
Unregistered

Like Homeless Joe?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: www.zillow.com/homedetails/555-Manning-Wood-Dr-Winston-Salem-NC-27105/123898389_zpid/

That one would be awesome, 28 acres tucked between a mall and a suburban development, all the trees and isolation you want and three minutes from walmart and city water, dang.  That's a good one.

­
It's weird because a corner of your pond is on someone else's property.  You will own most, but not all of the shoreline.  The property boundaries are jacked.

Posted by ScaredDeepBlueStater
Unregistered

During the Obama reign when it was reasonable to consider a bugout home, I looked at properties with the about the same requirements: (1) good water source/frontage, (2) forest land, (3) reliable rain, (4) sunshine to make solar work, (5) access to 60k population center in 2.5 hrs driving, (6) fertile agricultural land and pastoral land, and (7) mild climate.

You basically have to pay about 200k (land only) in Missouri, Arkansas, Alabama, Inland/Upstate South Carolina, Oregon, SE Oklahoma.  Everything was already priced beyond 200k.  Drop the mild climate, and Michigan, Colorado, Maine, Idaho, Montana become a possibility.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
VP Spiro T Cheney will slaughter anything you bring him, if he can keep the rectum for companionship and/or food

­I heard he has a big collection of them he keeps on a long string   :shudder:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Like Homeless Joe?

­I don't think Joe has any livestock.

Posted by .
Unregistered

northern lower michigan bro. can't beat it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

is that like southern northern california or something?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: looks good on paper OP but actually maintaining all that shit is more than a full time job for 2 or 3 people at least.

­
There are very lazy ways of making some of that land pay off enough that you don't have to pay anything in taxes, but you don't have to be super productive at it.  Enough to feed yourself and take in a certain amount of income from selling your spare grapes or something.  Maybe sell off a half a beef once a year.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Why does the op want to raise policemen?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Howdy neighbor
:mammy:

­
Its africans or snow

Amazingly enough I will take the africans, they sharpen you up, plus snow people do not understand that africans are africans and so will allow africans into their homes

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

. said:
­
There are very lazy ways of making some of that land pay off enough that you don't have to pay anything in taxes, but you don't have to be super productive at it.  Enough to feed yourself and take in a certain amount of income from selling your spare grapes or something.  Maybe sell off a half a beef once a year.

­This...

Posted by UncleDon
Unregistered

Get yourself a place in Bartlett adjacent to the gravel pit in which ..it is designated free range and they let ‘Pigs run free!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: looks good on paper OP but actually maintaining all that shit is more than a full time job for 2 or 3 people at least.

You got that right.
Raising animals is a full time job, and expensive.
Forget going on trips, you're at home, feeding the animals.
Then there are the predators.  You have to walk the fences, because your animals are always trying to bust out!

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.