Topic: Interesting argument: people who study and work hard are driving inequality
Posted by .
Unregistered

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/22673605/upper-middle-class-meritocracy-matthew-stewart

Of course it's an argument of the bitter losers

:snicker:

Posted by .
Unregistered

The real problem is that rich assholes cheat and coast by. These articles are a diversion tactic. The root cause is economic inequality. Once the 99% figure out we have the same enemy we have power.

Posted by .
Unregistered

all of your work and studying is meaningless if you can't get past HR and into the door somewhere.

Posted by .j00Hunter
Unregistered

. said: https://www.vox.com/the-goods/22673605/upper-middle-class-meritocracy-matthew-stewart

­
As a successful J00ish dentist, do you know how to mine Iron, purify it, smelt it and transform it into carbon steel? Do you know how to construct or operate the machine tools required to press steel into large plates?

Do you know how to construct or operate the laser cutting tools required to make the scalpel? What about your protective visor, your dentist chair, the xray machine, the dental floss? The people that make these things need some form of transport to reach their workplace. So that implies a need for well-maintained roads. Those roads are also required for your clients to reach your dental office. I could go on and on and on...

You could never have achieved success and prosperity without this HUGE mass of people who abide by the rules and get up for work every morning to keep the Machine running.
Without them, your life would be spend in a constant struggle to feed yourself and protect your family from ni66ers.

So what happens when the system is kept running at the expense of a large majority, who get nothing back, for the benefit of a tiny minority of people?
People eventually wonder what's the point of abiding by the rules? What's the point of doing my part in keeping the Machine going?

Well we're about to find out what happens.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.j00Hunter said:
. said: https://www.vox.com/the-goods/22673605/upper-middle-class-meritocracy-matthew-stewart

­
As a successful J00ish dentist, do you know how to mine Iron, purify it, smelt it and transform it into carbon steel? Do you know how to construct or operate the machine tools required to press steel into large plates?

Do you know how to construct or operate the laser cutting tools required to make the scalpel? What about your protective visor, your dentist chair, the xray machine, the dental floss? The people that make these things need some form of transport to reach their workplace. So that implies a need for well-maintained roads. Those roads are also required for your clients to reach your dental office. I could go on and on and on...

You could never have achieved success and prosperity without this HUGE mass of people who abide by the rules and get up for work every morning to keep the Machine running.
Without them, your life would be spend in a constant struggle to feed yourself and protect your family from ni66ers.

So what happens when the system is kept running at the expense of a large majority, who get nothing back, for the benefit of a tiny minority of people?
People eventually wonder what's the point of abiding by the rules? What's the point of doing my part in keeping the Machine going?

Well we're about to find out what happens.

­
What's the point of abiding by the rules?
What's the point of playing a game I keep losing at? This is boring.

We're 100 and you're only 1. We're gonna play some other  game.
You don't like it? Well...We're gonna fuck you up.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Who works in the USA?  Only a fool would work when the government gives you everything you need for free.

Of course, if you want to buy something, that might be a problem.

Posted by .d
Unregistered

­I would have liked to learn some insights about the top 10% from reading that article

unfortunately, its a lot of

:stewart:

Posted by .
Unregistered

The government allows big business to economically prey on working people.
Legislation is enacted solely for the benefit of big business and other predators.

Government has even abdicated the most basic responsibility the state has towards it's citizen : their physical safety.
The government is increasingly being perceived as illegitimate since it works only for the benefit of special interest groups.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.d said:
­I would have liked to learn some insights about the top 10% from reading that article

unfortunately, its a lot of

:stewart:

­
Yeah, you can tell that from the opening that it's all BS:

"Who are these 9.9 percent?

The statistical side of it is very imprecise. I don’t think of the 9.9 percent as just everybody who has more than a certain amount of money and less than another amount of money. I see it more as a culture ..."

So, 9.9 percent doesn't mean something numerically, it's a "culture"?  This is the kind of reasoning that convinces 50% of people that they are the top 1%.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: The real problem is that rich assholes cheat and coast by. These articles are a diversion tactic. The root cause is economic inequality. Once the 99% figure out we have the same enemy we have power.

­
You are poor because you are both lazy and stupid.

If you weren't lazy and you were stupid, you'd have 10 million. Look at pud, he has a billion now. He's as dumb as a box of rocks but he kept trying different fucking stupid shit.

If you were smart and lazy, you'd work for some tech company and would have made 10 million by now.

If you were smart and had hustle, you'd have over 100 million, like I do. It wasn't fucking hard. You just have to have some fucking discipline and have an IQ > 120.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
You are poor because you are both lazy and stupid.

If you weren't lazy and you were stupid, you'd have 10 million. Look at pud, he has a billion now. He's as dumb as a box of rocks but he kept trying different fucking stupid shit.

If you were smart and lazy, you'd work for some tech company and would have made 10 million by now.

If you were smart and had hustle, you'd have over 100 million, like I do. It wasn't fucking hard. You just have to have some fucking discipline and have an IQ > 120.

You’ve just accidentally hit on it.

When you look at the number one most common characteristic of successful entrepreneurs its clearly one thing, family money

Those who come from families with some money, not necessarily rich, but enough money that they can make sure you wont starve if you fail, are much more likely to even attempt to be an entrepreneur, and of course if they’re rich they have connections to raise money, open doors to sales opportunities etc

Pud could keep trying because he had the family cushion allowing him to take risk

Someone from a family living paycheck to paycheck has a very different view of risk when they know that failure means a small misfortune when you have no margin of error, like a parking ticket could end up with you going to jail.

Posted by KM.as.a.dot
Unregistered

Of course the article doesnt state the elephant in the room which is the reason why people will work insane hours and go into debt: To avoid being Diversified.

Being poor in Japan means you live in a small apartment. Its possibly older. Maybe you dont eat at expensive restaurants. Its not ideal but not the end of the world either.

Being poor in America means you live in a place that could pass for Mogadishu. Neighborhoods are filthy. Schools are third world and dangerous. A choice beteeen overwork and debt or that future for your family is not a choice at all.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
What's the point of abiding by the rules?
What's the point of playing a game I keep losing at? This is boring.

We're 100 and you're only 1. We're gonna play some other  game.
You don't like it? Well...We're gonna fuck you up.

­who are you talking to again

Posted by .
Unregistered

Gotta laff at the people who think smart = wealthy.

What's the point of being wealthy when you will only ever touch 5% of that money.
95% of your wealth is a number on a balance sheet. You will never use it.

You have worked your entire life to only ever use 5% of everything you earned.
The rest goes to banks, the government, retirement funds. You're working for them!

:lmao:

Posted by .notOP
Unregistered

. said: Gotta laff at the people who think smart = wealthy.

What's the point of being wealthy when you will only ever touch 5% of that money.

The rest goes to banks, the government, retirement funds. You're working for them!

­
Exactly.

The time and effort those chumps put in to increase some digit on a balance sheet is laffable.
I'd much rather invest my time on things that have more meaning.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.notOP said:

­
Exactly.

The time and effort those chumps put in to increase some digit on a balance sheet is laffable.

such as redboard.com
yuo = fag!
\
:doublewide:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
.notOP said:

­
Exactly.

such as redboard.com
yuo = fag!
\

­
We're savoring those few precious last moments of internet freedom the Blob muzzles non-sanctioned speech.
On an historical level, posting here is much more significant than each individually raking in the dough.

Those are like the last days of the far west.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
.notOP said:
­
Exactly.

such as redboard.com
yuo = fag!
\

­
We're savoring those few precious last moments of internet freedom the Blob muzzles non-sanctioned speech.
On an historical level, posting here is much more significant than each individually raking in the dough.

Those are like the last days of the far west.

­spose youre right

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.