Topic: Next supply chain fuckup? Car parts. Get ready to not driving your car because it can't be fixed.
Posted by .
Unregistered

auto parts stores are showing more parts as "not in stock" and not "available to ship to home".  It's starting to look like the ammo shortage.

I work on my own cars, but I've read/heard stories from dealers/auto repair shops on how some parts have six week lead times.  

If you have an old carbureted model without any electronics (i.e. shit that can be rebuilt rather than replaced), better hold onto that with your life.  It will soon be worth more than gold.

Posted by .
Unregistered

:orly:

Posted by .
Unregistered

STFU, Chicken Little.

Posted by .
Unregistered

leasing from Honda. i'M FINE.

Posted by .
Unregistered

FACT: Beaners loot auto parts stores from the inside. $30k inventory shrinkage/month per store 
If a part is supposed to be in stock but not there, the :mexican: got it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

OP….I’m so sorry the republicans made you poor and unable to buy a new or used car with a comprehensive warranty.

Posted by .
Unregistered

More bagger news from the 5G clotshot new network.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: OP….I’m so sorry the republicans made you poor and unable to buy a new or used car with a comprehensive warranty.

­

you don't get it.  new cars are facing the same issue.  NO ONE can get new parts.  That leased/new car you bought?  Dealer can't stock the right oil filter because they aren't available.  Can't get an oil change?  Well, you just fucked your lease.

Have an issue w/ your new car (e.g. bronco roof)?  You're also fucked.  No parts for recalls, or issues covered under warranty.  And you won't get a loaner because there won't be any available.

And yes, the shortage includes supposedly easy items like oil filters.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Rent a car and swap parts.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Yessum.  It's related to the chip shortage.  A recent inflation report showed used cars went up 10% in price (in just one report period), indirectly caused from the chip shortage (and the millions of new cars sitting around unfinished).  Rent-a-car companies demanding full fleet levels, lame shit.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Rent a car and swap parts.

­
:lol:

first, to think rental car companies keep their fleet up to spec.

two, that someone else hasn't already thought of that, and you're pulling an oil filter that has 100k miles on it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

It's the libs' and far leftists' dream for making everyone take public transportation or ride pedal bicycles like the commie chinks do.

Take the trayn!  woo ~ woo!  
\
:bidenhands:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: OP….I’m so sorry the republicans made you poor and unable to buy a new or used car with a comprehensive warranty.
/
:Faget:

­Newsflash: even cars under warranty cannot be fixed if the parts are unavailable.
/
:nigel:

Posted by .
Unregistered

A year from now the leftover new 2021 models will sell for discounts.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Buy a new 2018 diesel VW wagon.

Posted by Without prejudice
Unregistered

. said: Yessum.  It's related to the chip shortage.  A recent inflation report showed used cars went up 10% in price (in just one report period), indirectly caused from the chip shortage (and the millions of new cars sitting around unfinished).  Rent-a-car companies demanding full fleet levels, lame shit.

­Car production in China increased by 6 million cars in 2020.

THERE IS NO "CHIP SHORTAGE" (sic) FOR THE THOUSANDTH FUCKING TIME. YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT. :FACEPALM:
/
Without prejudice

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

two, that someone else hasn't already thought of that, and you're pulling an oil filter that has 100k miles on it.

­
I rented a Civic from Enterprise and swapped out the AC compressor.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

­
I've rented several cars this summer from the major rental companies and they all had 60K+ miles on them.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Without prejudice said:

THERE IS NO "CHIP SHORTAGE" (sic) FOR THE THOUSANDTH FUCKING TIME. YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT. :FACEPALM:
/
Without prejudice

­
Nice fact, nice increase shown.

Posted by Without prejudice
Unregistered

. said:
Without prejudice said:

/
Without prejudice

­
Nice fact, nice increase shown.
\
:indeed:

­Here are the data, CUNT.  Shove them up your arse.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/car-production-by-country
\
Without prejudice

Posted by .
Unregistered

Without prejudice said:
­Here are the data, CUNT.  Shove them up your arse.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/car-production-by-country
\
Without prejudice

­
Political Idiot.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Thanks Trump

Posted by death2me
R.I.P. Teapots 2001-2021

. said: It's the libs' and far leftists' dream for making everyone take public transportation or ride pedal bicycles like the commie chinks do.

Take the trayn!  woo ~ woo!  
\
:bidenhands:

To be fair, there are A LOT of costs to society associated with car domination.

I mean, look at your country...

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
/
:Faget:

­Newsflash: even cars under warranty cannot be fixed if the parts are unavailable.
/
:nigel:

­
Spoken like a real poor person.  A dealer replaces the whole car if they are unable to repair yours.  I mean a reputable dealer.  Your ghetto buy here pay here with 84 month financing at 9% dealers do not do that.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.