Topic: I think I'm losing my mind at work... Here's an example of daily conversations with patients
Posted by .
Unregistered

das but said:
:potd:

HAHAHAHAHA!

:moar:
:mittens:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Original_Lonley_Guy_ said: Das But, what would your reaction be if one of the dudes in lock up looked you square in the eye and said "my asian girlfriend calls her pussy her 'front butt'"?

­:taser: :insane:

Posted by .
Unregistered

das but said:
I won't be a technician forever... The more I go through school, the more I achieve. In 2 years I can potentially be a clinical psychologist and with another year or two after, a clinical psychiatrist

­
you need an MD/DO to be a psychiatrist.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The Gumbi said:
. said: Excellent provider for your family.

He's probably never had to ask the state to help deliver his baby like a certain poolhouse rapist we all know.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

Work training programs work slightly differently.

Posted by das but
http://dasbut.com

Original_Lonley_Guy_ said: Das But, what would your reaction be if one of the dudes in lock up looked you square in the eye and said "my asian girlfriend calls her pussy her 'front butt'"?

Honest answer, I'd head to the nurses station and tell my supervisor that there will be a conflict of interest on the unit because I know the patient personally (knowing fully well that they come from f2)

Alternative answer, I'd feed into their paranoia and tell them what the doctors are really doing with their medication, causing them to have a meltdown and ending with them in mechanical restraints

Posted by das but

. said:
­

I'm a year and a half from a BA in my psychology program but that doesn't mean my training ends with a BA... I'm looking at an accelerated MA after I get this and find out what else I can do with my academic advisor

Posted by das but

. said:
. said:
­

Work training programs work slightly differently.

Correct. I have 2 certifications and a cpr card after a 3 week orientation at work. In a year they'll be paying for any further licenses or certifications I may need along with paying the overhead for school, not to mention the extra credit I get in my courses for working in the field I'm studying

Posted by .
Unregistered

Try doing this on a 1000 acre facility out in the middle of nowhere with boys 8-18. They like to go AWOL on a regular basis. You get to find them.

Posted by das but

. said: Try doing this on a 1000 acre facility out in the middle of nowhere with boys 8-18. They like to go AWOL on a regular basis. You get to find them.

No thanks... I'm not interested in working with children and adolescents, and I don't like working with behavioral diagnoses. 
 But feel free to add to this story, the experience sounds interesting

Posted by .
Unregistered

das but said:
Correct. I have 2 certifications and a cpr card after a 3 week orientation at work. In a year they'll be paying for any further licenses or certifications I may need along with paying the overhead for school, not to mention the extra credit I get in my courses for working in the field I'm studying

­
You mentioned psychiatrist so I was correcting you. You don't become a physician though work training or an accelerated MA.

Posted by .
Unregistered

das but said:
. said: Try doing this on a 1000 acre facility out in the middle of nowhere with boys 8-18. They like to go AWOL on a regular basis. You get to find them.

No thanks... I'm not interested in working with children and adolescents, and I don't like working with behavioral diagnoses. 
 But feel free to add to this story, the experience sounds interesting

­Unlike adults, you can turn some kids' lives around with the right combination of therapy and behavioral skills. It's quite rewarding.

Posted by das but

. said:
­
You mentioned psychiatrist so I was correcting you. You don't become a physician though work training or an accelerated MA.

Right but In ong term I intend to become a clinical psychologist and if I succeed in this after the MA, maybe try med school for psychiatry. But that's not even on the agenda yet, I still have another 60 days before I'm a certified MHT... And still have no idea how I will feel about this by then. I may just end up being like "fuck it! A BA is good enough, I'll be a social worker and just google programs for psych patients to collect a paycheck!"

Posted by das but

. said:
­Unlike adults, you can turn some kids' lives around with the right combination of therapy and behavioral skills. It's quite rewarding.

What you're saying is slightly pessimistic... Or maybe I am naive. I want to think that with the right tools, a patient can turn their lives around from a traumatic experience, regardless of their age. It's more practical when you catch it in an early stage before it becomes a problematic mental illness but I hold out hope for those that are truly fucked. In adult cases their might be a lesser success rate... And I know for a fact that people have left my hospital and killed themselves immediately after or later... But as a last line of defense, I intend to keep that from happening as best of my ability to do so.

Maybe that sounds fucked up coming from a personality like mine, but being as fucked as I've been in the past and overcoming traumatic events, addictions, psychoses, whatever... I can't help but hold onto optimism

Posted by .
Unregistered

das but said:
. said:

What you're saying is slightly pessimistic... Or maybe I am naive. I want to think that with the right tools, a patient can turn their lives around from a traumatic experience, regardless of their age. It's more practical when you catch it in an early stage before it becomes a problematic mental illness but I hold out hope for those that are truly fucked. In adult cases their might be a lesser success rate... And I know for a fact that people have left my hospital and killed themselves immediately after or later... But as a last line of defense, I intend to keep that from happening as best of my ability to do so.

Maybe that sounds fucked up coming from a personality like mine, but being as fucked as I've been in the past and overcoming traumatic events, addictions, psychoses, whatever... I can't help but hold onto optimism

­High rate of job burnout. Good luck. I liked saving a few kids, maybe 15-20%, from going all the way over the edge. I am still in touch with a couple of them, who have made something respectable of themselves. Generally it was their families, parents usually, who fucked them up. Once they were removed from the situation, they started coming alive. It seemed to me that by the time we become adults our patterns positive and negative are so set that electroshock is the only possible cure for bad craziness.

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

das but said:
Honest answer, I'd head to the nurses station and tell my supervisor that there will be a conflict of interest on the unit because I know the patient personally (knowing fully well that they come from f2)

Alternative answer, I'd feed into their paranoia and tell them what the doctors are really doing with their medication, causing them to have a meltdown and ending with them in mechanical restraints

­
What if the guy had been locked up for years with no internets? And he looked like Brad Pitt in 12 monkeys? :stunned:

das but said:
I'm a year and a half from a BA in my psychology program but that doesn't mean my training ends with a BA... I'm looking at an accelerated MA after I get this and find out what else I can do with my academic advisor

­
I'm starting to think you married into an academic family. :stunned:

. said:
­

­
Yepp. I'll give Das a recommendation at Standford if he wants one.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Standford
\
:winner:

. said: Standford
\
:winner:

­
You got me. :sad:

Posted by .
Unregistered

:bump:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Wow. Das But sounds like a fucking moron.  And about 19 years old.  I think less of him after reading this thread.  What a fucking loser.

Posted by R.P._MCMURPHY
Unregistered

das but said:
death2me said:
He only has another 45 years left before retirement. :thumbup:

I won't be a technician forever... The more I go through school, the more I achieve. In 2 years I can potentially be a clinical psychologist and with another year or two after, a clinical psychiatrist

­Don’t forget to mention your comics in your CV :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: :bump:

­

Posted by .
Unregistered

R.P._MCMURPHY said:
das but said:
death2me said:
He only has another 45 years left before retirement. :thumbup:

­Don’t forget to mention your comics in your CV :lol:

And the fact that you're a closet faggot.  :arab:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.