Topic: Does pouring a ton of vinegar on a line of ants make them go away?
Posted by .
Unregistered

I have an outside ant problem.

Posted by .
Unregistered

In the ground?

Posted by .
Unregistered

I put a ton of ant poison on the nest and they moved about 15 feet away then I did it again and the moved to the neighbor's lawn

Posted by .
Unregistered

Are they fire ants?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I put a ton of ant poison on the nest and they moved about 15 feet away then I did it again and the moved to the neighbor's lawn

­You only need a little to get them to move. A light dusting will suffice.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I just get a. Bucket of water.

Spray some raid in it.

Stick a spade in it

Pour.

You only use a tiny amount of insecticide

Pour

Posted by .
Unregistered

Cover the ants (or their whole ant-hill) with baking soda before you pour the vinegar.  You'll put on quite a show!

Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered

No it just makes the ants wonder why a loving god would allow such suffering.  :frown:

Posted by .
Unregistered

I use ant poison. I sprinkle it all around the perimeter of my home about once a year and that takes care of it. I use quite a bit though. I also put it on their ant piles.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Outside my old house in the driveway between the joints there were 2 massive ant colonies. The larger ones and then the smaller regular sized ones.

They fought each other to the death every spring/early summer in unceasing, WW1 style hand-to-hand wars of attrition.

They wiped each other out every year, never came into the house of even garage... only place I never had to buy ant traps or insecticide :shrug:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Buy a butane blowtorch (the sort of thing plumbers use for soldering pipe joints).  They're inexpensive, and if you put the setting on high (blue flame) then you can watch them curl and burst into flames from various distances.

If you're flush (perhaps you HODL some BTC :shrug:) you could buy a large gas powered device for burning weeds off of patios etc.  This will cost at least five times more, plus you'll need a large gas bottle.  It's OTT for killing ants, but at least you can do it from the luxury of a standing position (important if you're old and / or fat.  Which, let's be honest, YOU probably are :mittens:).

Posted by .
Unregistered

I save up my beer cans and go in this direction.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.