Topic: I fucking hate my job
Posted by .
Unregistered

The people who work there are pontificating assholes. All they do is prance around and talk about how they have their "finger on the pulse of what is going on."  The only place their fingers have been is up their own ass. 

Our marketing person is a flaming fucking prick. When he talks I just want to hit him with a shovel. He can speak non-stop for an hour and say absolutely nothing of value. He is a tireless bullshit machine. 

The tech people are lazy as fuck. They whine and complain and throw tantrums about how much work they have, but they never accomplish anything. 

Also we have this shrill executive admin who reports to the CEO. She's a supreme Jesus freak bagger Covid-denying lunatic. Every goddamn meeting we have she makes some stupid comment and everybody laughs and is nice to her because she has big tits and a pretty face.  She's on her third marriage and she's only 33! There is absolutely nothing to respect her for. She has accomplished absolutely nothing in her life but screaming about Jesus and fucking a broad assortment of stupid, flabby, gun waving morons. 

There is this one sales person who complains non-stop about how the technical people are not doing this or that. She cannot open a fucking Word document without needing a three hour support session...but she's an expert in complex cloud-technologies. 

Oh God and do not even get me started on the project managers. Fucking hell, these despicable, loathsome, tirelessly nitpicking rodents can turn any effort into a goddamn Bataan death march.  They would have us fill out spreadsheets and task forms all fucking day if they could have their way. And since nobody has the balls to stand up to them, they always get their way. 

These people do nothing, accomplish nothing, say nothing, and complain incessantly. They are miserable and they make me miserable. I want out, but I am kind of stuck here for many reasons.  

And do not reply with some shit about blacks, conservatives, or libs, or some other crap you believe.  Most of these people are white, conservative baggers. But the tech people are all libtards.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Sounds like your organization could do with a thought leader or two.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I literally just busted out laughing

"The people who work there are pontificating assholes. All they do is prance around and talk about how they have their "finger on the pulse of what is going on."  The only place their fingers have been is up their own ass."

The people I work with and so stupid and so beyond awful I literally can't stand to interact with them. The biggest dipshits in the world.

I'm only here doing the bare mininum until I get moved to a different department or fired. :rofl:

Posted by .
Unregistered

I decided a long time ago to take all those holes and weaknesses and exploit the shit out whatever I can, and just live with the rest since I can't do anything about it anyway.

Telecommuting and an absentee supervisor have been a dream.  It's so much easier now to hide work methods to cut the actual time for performing tasks to 1/10-1/15x of what is expected because my retard colleagues never heard of scripts or VBA and can barely maintain a database in Excel (some actually use Word tables), let alone using Access. An autoclick utility keeps me alive in Teams so I can nap during the day.  Even on days I report to the worksite, there's no supervisor and the only people I work with are Assistant Managers and people who actually get shit done.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Senior DevOps Engineer at a mid-sized, stagnant californian “startup”, roughly $150k salary.

Seriously. My last three jobs were at companies which were 10-15 years old, had burned through $75m-$150m in VC and had flat revenues of $12-$15m for years.

These are my bread and butter. I “work” remotely from utc+2. Theoretically I am working from home, but pre-covid 60% of my time I was “working” from cafes around Europe/the middle-east 1-3 hours per day.

The rest of my time I was being a tourist, getting stoned, having flings or mm-transit to my next destination.

The thing about companies this size is either you have a good sized team managing a medium worklod and very low expectations.

The long timers are milking it to make up for their worthless stock options. The executive positions are revolving doors (all 3 companies saw at least 2 ceo turnovers during my term).

At my last job all real work was done in Belarus and Russia. As the team lead, my entire job was ended up being tidying up / linting / deduplicating our terraform code base while giving the actual engineers encouragement and architectural advice. It even gave me a reason to party in minsk and make more friends.

I get fired every 1.5 - 2 years, but I spend like a poor homeless backpacker and my home base is in the 3rd world, so at age 40 I already have enough saved to retire.

I used to be a hard workimg, diligent, ambitious engineer working startups I believed in, but getting screwed over by 2 consecutive YC startups made me look at employers as nothing more than a short-term atm.

These positions are easy to get if you use the right search criteria, actually know your shit enough to project confidence, and if you’re extroverted enough to have built anreally large network of colleagues who like you.

Look over YC’s list of companies from ‘11-14. Specifically look for the companies which are still around, aren’t unicorns but haven’t failed, and use the tech stack you know best.

Don’t be afraid to shamelessly inflate your resume to do this. Your employers will lie to you, their customers and their investors with a sociopathic calm demeanor. There’s no reason not to do the same.

Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered

Work sucks and it is only going to get worse.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Sounds like a dotcom job I had back in 1999. Made six figures and all I did was download warez and surf FC.
Easiest buck I’ve ever made.

Posted by .
Unregistered

We ousted a terrible boss. He used to have everyone come in at 6 am for an initial call, so we could have him on speaker phone while he drove into work. The end call was at 6:30 pm, same room, during his commute home.

He was a passive aggressive micromanager. Then he discovered Scrum and we would have another three meetings per day. The result was working even later.

We finally had a management review system instituted and I posted a business case for improvements while we all gave him a vote of no confidence.

He was bad enough I considered getting someone to report he fondled her or something. He was the closest I ever came to leveling someone in the work place.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Titty girl won't fuck you, you impotent raging libfag.  Hope somebody work rampage ends you.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I hear you brother.

I work in finance and hate my job.  The pay is good for the effort and time I put in.  That is the only reason I am sticking around until something better comes up or I get fired for doing the bare minimum.

My boss is mentally unstable and ever since his divorce he lost his mind chasing pussy and fucking at least 10 women (8 were hookers) in 3 years.  He will be hey buddy one day and scream at me the next depending on how his brain chemicals are working that day.  He has been up the ass of the new HR director to make himself look good with his boss.  

People in other departments are completely stupid in most cases.  The women write these long fucking emails and love to have pointless meetings that go on and on.  Covid put a stop to meetings so thank you to the CCP for that.  

The only person I like at work is the office manager and 2 people in my department.

If I did not have a mortgage and a wife I would have walked off this job over 3 years ago.  I had this realization that at age 42 I probably have less than 10 years before wear and tear on my body will limit what I can and cannot do.  Every minute I am whoring myself out at the office for money is closing the window on my time to enjoy life.  I work day after day and do not see anything I have to show for it.  That is the greatest tragedy.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Its amazing how this pandemic has turned people into supremely selfish and lazy pricks. Without any of the social stigmas on them, people's true nature is emerging. And people are petty, selfish, hateful, and cruel.  

I think companies should mandate all employees back into offices. Force them to work alongside other people again. The whole work-from-home trend is bullshit. While some people do okay working from home, most people fuck around, play games, eat shit, get stoned, and do nothing, and then get bitter and resentful when you ask them to do anything.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Its amazing how this pandemic has turned people into supremely selfish and lazy pricks. Without any of the social stigmas on them, people's true nature is emerging. And people are petty, selfish, hateful, and cruel.  

I think companies should mandate all employees back into offices. Force them to work alongside other people again. The whole work-from-home trend is bullshit. While some people do okay working from home, most people fuck around, play games, eat shit, get stoned, and do nothing, and then get bitter and resentful when you ask them to do anything.

­
That is my view too. COVID driven telecommuting is a fraud and a sham.  Our organization wasted no time in making the "carefully considered decision" - in April - to put division employees in permanent telecommute status.  This exploits the budget process for them to re-appropriate something like $30 million in future lease payments to whatever the fuck they want, probably ESJ bullshit mostly.

At the same time, they didn't lift a finger to re-negotiate salaries since people gain practically a day a week to themselves without the time and expenses of a commute.  That's budgeted money forever that has to be diverted from other priorities - tens of millions just left on the table.

Those of us who actually do work at decentralized locations are on a partial telecommute that's supposed to be a day a week but was upped to 2 because they couldn't figure out a 1 day a week schedule that would be "fair" to one fucking employee.

Ironically, given the fuckwits in charge, the stupid decisions they make and the fact they gain so much for themselves at the expense of others is the reason I am becoming the employee you characterize above.  If they're not going to take this shit seriously, no way in hell will I.­ I will exploit any and every single angle and aspect of a telecommute schedule, and every stupid decision they make for anything I can get.­ Even the scheming will be on company time.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Its amazing how this pandemic has turned people into supremely selfish and lazy pricks. Without any of the social stigmas on them, people's true nature is emerging. And people are petty, selfish, hateful, and cruel.  

­
I was always deeply wary of the knowledge / service economy. Turns out I was cutting them too much slack. Anyone currently on furlough and a solid majority of those 'working from home' could be culled at no loss to the planet.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Fact, in my office, if anybody hears anything they don't like, they whine to HR about being "bullied" or "hostile workplace."  We literally had a person who did not like his boss asking him to finish something, so he ran to HR and the CEO and claimed "hostile workplace" and demanded a month-long (paid) medical leave.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Fact, in my office, if anybody hears anything they don't like, they whine to HR about being "bullied" or "hostile workplace."  We literally had a person who did not like his boss asking him to finish something, so he ran to HR and the CEO and claimed "hostile workplace" and demanded a month-long (paid) medical leave.

­
Oh, and they gave it to him. Because they were so worried about a lawsuit. 

He is sitting at home, doing absolutely nothing, getting paid his full salary, while all his co-workers have to do his work now.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Fact, in my office, if anybody hears anything they don't like, they whine to HR about being "bullied" or "hostile workplace."  We literally had a person who did not like his boss asking him to finish something, so he ran to HR and the CEO and claimed "hostile workplace" and demanded a month-long (paid) medical leave.

­
Same at my job but you have to be an ass kisser to get the special treatment.  If you are just a guy that keeps his mouth shut and does good work you are fucked.  They will tell you to let it go and work things out while the golden children get additional paid time off and perks like travel/meals for total bullshit purposes.  In a way the virus has been great to kill all of the bullshit spending.  Our CEO would get at least $50K worth of air travel, hotels, meals, etc....all of it has been gone.  His spending is a mere $200-400 per month for his zoom subscription, a few trade organization membership fees, and misc things like computer accessories.  He has been very bitter and angry about it but fuck him because he makes nearly $800K for doing very little.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.