Topic: My bright teen is skipping homework and failing classes, and I don’t know what to do
Posted by hopeless.parent
Unregistered

My 15-year-old son, a high school sophomore, has stopped doing his homework when he doesn't like the subject or the teacher, or when he thinks it's stupid, and he's now failing two classes. He has also lied to me about it; he got away with the lies until the school sent notices, so he has all but destroyed my trust in him.

This has been going on since grammar school, but it's getting worse as he gets older. I've tried everything I can think of: therapy, taking away the Xbox, using the Xbox or other things as rewards he can earn, letting him handle it on his own, partial involvement, hovering, crying and screaming — and I feel awful about those last two.

At this point I don't know what else to do. Failing major subjects in high school seems like a problem. Am I wrong to be so concerned? He won't work with a tutor anymore, either. He's a smart kid, so it's not a lack of ability.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Who gives a shit? Just mind your own business. Maybe you should start drinking.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Why do you think he's smart? If he's failing classes he may have a learning disability.

Or just be stupid.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Make sure his new Monster Cables are properly seasoned. And inspect his choice of condoms. Black teenage cheerleaders like the ribbed kind with attachments. Reminds them of their first time with their daddy. Also start checking out baby names for you soon to be half-black grandbaby. Shaniqua for lil' black girls is popular.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Public schools are awful. The teachers are garbage. Try tutoring.

Posted by .
Unregistered

turn him into a sissy, or at the very least a twink

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Who gives a shit? Just mind your own business. Maybe you should start drinking.

:potd:

Posted by .
Unregistered

When he turns 16, let him get his G.E.D. & start college, that's what my nephew did. High school is a waste of time.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Maybe he's just not as "bright" as you want to believe :shrug:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Kids today, vaping all day and non-stop smartphone. Their world is fucked. They got robbed of a future, and will all be dead along with the parents in a short number of years due to forced DNA hijacking vax. FUCK, just let them fuck everything off, no point in lecturing them on how it used to be.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Are you posting on youbemom dot com OP?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Are you posting on youbemom dot com OP?

­Busted

Posted by death2me
7,059,873 more votes.

Kill him, the twat who posted this on youbemom, yourself and me.

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said: Kill him, the twat who posted this on youbemom, yourself and me.

:win:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.