Topic: Here is $100 worth of groceries in Toronto right now. I expect food riots soon.
Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


https://imgur.com/a/ED6vg3h

:mad:   They aren't even premium they are weird dollar store brands :mad:


Posted by .
Unregistered


giving  yourself a bean enema this morning?


Posted by .
Unregistered


CAN'T SPELL AUTHENTICO WITHOUT UNICO!


Posted by .
Unregistered


Thats like $7 max


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


. said: CAN'T SPELL AUTHENTICO WITHOUT UNICO!

UPVOTES :potd:


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


. said: Thats like $7 max

You would think.  They've set up a mortgage office by the express checkout.


Posted by .
Unregistered


My, my, how the mighty have fallen. From cast-iron blueberry cobbler and various duck preparations to ketchup on raw beans. The (de)evolution of Cookin' with Teapots over time surely is a reflection of our march towards our own doom.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Bean soup.  I made bean and ham soup the other day using pinto beans(the same beans used for refried beans) and it was very close in flavor to Campbell's bean and bacon soup. I I used pinto beans, cubed ham, salt, water, dried minced onion from the spice section in the store, and then added some liquid smoke and a pinch of Accent(MSG). Truly excellent.  :banana:


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


. said: My, my, how the mighty have fallen. From cast-iron blueberry cobbler and various duck preparations to ketchup on raw beans. The (de)evolution of Cookin' with Teapots over time surely is a reflection of our march towards our own doom.

https://imgur.com/a/kE4Cvvp
­
I forgot to include this.  You would crawl across broken glass for those beans 12 hours from now.

:mel:


Posted by .
Unregistered


I feel bad for all the sepps clicking the link and thinking French's Ketchup is French and possibly derived from Napolean era Parisienne cooking without even noticing the label is nes pas Francais.


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


. said: Bean soup.  I made bean and ham soup the other day using pinto beans(the same beans used for refried beans) and it was very close in flavor to Campbell's bean and bacon soup. I I used pinto beans, cubed ham, salt, water, dried minced onion from the spice section in the store, and then added some liquid smoke and a pinch of Accent(MSG). Truly excellent.  :banana:

:thumbup:  Very nice.  I too am a believer in the slightest particle of MSG.  Makes a huge difference and don't think chefs don't do it.  A parmesan rind in the stock will have the same effect.


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


. said: I feel bad for all the sepps clicking the link and thinking French's Ketchup is French and possibly derived from Napolean era Parisienne cooking without even noticing the label is nes pas Francais.

They are the only Canadian ketchup producer now since Warren Buffet sold out Heinz.  (fucker).  This is the ketchup of patriots even though it isn't very good.

:teapots:


Posted by .
Unregistered


T-34.nli said:
. said: I feel bad for all the sepps clicking the link and thinking French's Ketchup is French and possibly derived from Napolean era Parisienne cooking without even noticing the label is nes pas Francais.

They are the only Canadian ketchup producer now since Warren Buffet sold out Heinz.  (fucker).  This is the ketchup of patriots even though it isn't very good.

:teapots:

­

I actually cried the first time I had French's as a kid because I had only had Heinz up until that point and believed people were lying and playing a joke on me and it wasn't real Ketchup for my frites :lol:


Posted by .
Unregistered


T-34.nli said:
https://imgur.com/a/kE4Cvvp
­
I forgot to include this.  You would crawl across broken glass for those beans 12 hours from now.

:mel:

­
I don't eat meat, but I used to, and that piece looks absolutely miserable. No Frills after-6pm discount special?


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


. said:
­

I actually cried the first time I had French's as a kid because I had only had Heinz up until that point and believed people were lying and playing a joke on me and it wasn't real Ketchup for my frites :lol:

The head of the Heinz ad department can die in peace now.  His work here is done :lol:


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


. said:
­
I don't eat meat, but I used to, and that piece looks absolutely miserable. No Frills after-6pm discount special?

It is miserable - that is the shoulder of a pig the hardest working part.  That is what you give to the slave so they can make awesome spicy textured soul food while you eat soft boiled white things covered in mayo.  :hammertime:


Posted by .
Unregistered


T-34.nli said:
. said:
­

I actually cried the first time I had French's as a kid because I had only had Heinz up until that point and believed people were lying and playing a joke on me and it wasn't real Ketchup for my frites :lol:

The head of the Heinz ad department can die in peace now.  His work here is done :lol:

­

On that day, and somewhere in richman heaven, an HFCS lobbyist earned his wings :lol:


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


https://imgur.com/a/wWTDVaH

I chopped the pork into three parts:
- bone, simmering for stock
- rind and fat, slowly rendering in oven for lard and pork cracklin's :electricafro:
- remainder, chopped and brined in salt water for one hour.  Now marinading in srirachi sauce, vinegar, chopped onions, peppers, onion juice for a few hours (pictured).  Already beginning to resemble food.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Looks good. At least it's enough food for a meal.
:Thumbup:


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


. said: Looks good. At least it's enough food for a meal.
:Thumbup:

Or twelve :lol:


Posted by .
Unregistered


:rolleyes:
Admit it, you were exaggerating just a little about the cost of those three items.
Like... by the factor of five, at least?


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


. said: :rolleyes:
Admit it, you were exaggerating just a little about the cost of those three items.
Like... by the factor of five, at least?

I did buy $100 worth of groceries, but I only photographed about $7 of themb.  The rest was canned milk, three good cheeses, and meat.  So yes I lied and beans died.  

:gwb:


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


https://imgur.com/a/Mg9JIuF

All three pots coming along nicely.  Very low 250F degree oven which is making my apartment toasty warm :snoopy:

In another hour or so I will pull half of the pork and use that for beans.  The rest I will baste in hot sauce and roast at a higher temp.


Posted by very poor guy
Unregistered


Hey what's going on in here?


Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered


very poor guy said: Hey what's going on in here?

This is exactly the cheap cut of pork you had axed me about a couple of weeks ago.  Read fred.



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close