Topic: Does anyone use tower/desktop PCs anymore?
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
I did that.  Pain in the ass.

If you do it wirelessly, the video can become choppy & laggy.

If you do it with cables, it's a hassle to constantly carry your laptop over to the TV, and attach & detach cables.

Additionally, by having a desktop PC attached to my living room HDTV, guests can surf the internet on their own, while I work on my laptop in another room, or if I'm at work, and I took my laptop with me.

­

1) no it's not. A geek at Best buy knows how to do it

2) You must have a shit Linksys G router

3) no attach and detach, no it from the source itself, dumbass

4) Disconnect guest access, dumbass.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: 4) Disconnect guest access, dumbass.

­
If there is no computer attached to the HDTV, there is no "guest access", dumbass.  Just a blank screen.

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

. said: Let's go outside
\
:tits:

DEFCON FIVE.  
THE PERIMETER HAS BEEN BREACHED.  NOT A DRILL.
\
:trev:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
If there is no computer attached to the HDTV, there is no "guest access", dumbass.  Just a blank screen.

­

So nobody should be accessing the internet at will, dumbass

Posted by .
Unregistered

A smart TV is smarter than the posters in this thread.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Of course I does

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Let's go outside. 
\
:tits:

Out...side? What is this "out side" of which you speak? 
\
:trev:

­:lol:  :potd:  :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I have one but it is sitting there unused for years. My laptop performs better than that thing.

­:gay:
:lol: :fag:
:clown:

Posted by .
Unregistered

I have a PC at home. I still play video games that require a strong rig that laptops can't offer unless you pay gigantic sums, which is stupid. If you play games on a laptop you're stupid. When I move, I have my smartphone which can do many things a laptop can and can't do.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Why is no one offering the $20 desktop?  Something that surfs the internet, reads email, and plays flash games.

You sell that, you corner the market.  Make it minimally upgradeable, but all this 5 year old technology still works just fine.

I repaired my fathers Windows 8 laptop, and it is still completely fine.  So you don't need to spend a fortune on the operating system, and parts can't be that expensive.

I have a laptop because about 3 times a year I need to ramp it up for massive file transfers, and having it available and ready to go just saves me time and effort.  Other than that, I'm all about the keyboard.  This beautiful Acer I'm on now is absolutely perfect.  Windows 10, keys are big enough for my massive hands, and I can download, plug, and play anything my heart desires.

Posted by .
Unregistered

nettop box. I don't need a PCI graphics card. The Intel graphics shiz is sufficient.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Why is no one offering the $20 desktop?  Something that surfs the internet, reads email, and plays flash games.

You sell that, you corner the market.  Make it minimally upgradeable, but all this 5 year old technology still works just fine.

I repaired my fathers Windows 8 laptop, and it is still completely fine.  So you don't need to spend a fortune on the operating system, and parts can't be that expensive.

I have a laptop because about 3 times a year I need to ramp it up for massive file transfers, and having it available and ready to go just saves me time and effort.  Other than that, I'm all about the keyboard.  This beautiful Acer I'm on now is absolutely perfect.  Windows 10, keys are big enough for my massive hands, and I can download, plug, and play anything my heart desires.

­
Because you can't even watch Youtube nowadays with an old PC/OS. Flash is now obsolete by the way.

But you can buy a Rapsberry Pi with a small portable monitor and keyboard. For around 150 bucks you can get a cheap computer that way.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.