Topic: For late 40s guy in the tech fields, I know I am approaching the end of the road in Labrador
Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
. said:
I just don’t see it where I am.
I believe you.  From where I’m sitting, there’s nothing left.
This is worse than 2008-2010.

Just take a look at CL NYC for tech jobs. Maybe 2-3 real jobs, and they don't even pay well. The rest are training and Indian Scammers. That is a pretty scary. I don't think anyone is hiring now.

:shudder: I'm convinced. If there was demand there would be plenty of jobs there.

­
I've seen the same drop in Philly Cragslist.

East coast is dead in the water for IT right now.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
­
I've seen the same drop in Philly Cragslist.

East coast is dead in the water for IT right now.

It's dead across the country.  KC.  Bay Area.  Same thing.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
­
The stock collapsed 25%.

Massive cut-backs in business software investment all over the world.

Most large companies run SAP as an accounting and manufacturing system behind the scenes.

Its a canary in the coalmine, very turbulent waters ahead.

I have contacts at SAP.  Hadn't heard this one.  I didn't look for the CNBC article, since I usually hear something first.

SAP has been tossing people out the door at regular intervals.  Last go round, instead of a 10 percent cut everywhere, entire groups were tossed out the door.

There will be another set of departures either before January or before review/bonus time near March.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
Just take a look at CL NYC for tech jobs. Maybe 2-3 real jobs, and they don't even pay well. The rest are training and Indian Scammers. That is a pretty scary. I don't think anyone is hiring now.

Your numbers kind of mirror my numbers.  

Months & months of Trev employment contraction, done in a month.

If you can figure out the 2 to 3 real jobs, you'll find they're with employers that have been looking for a purple squirrel for the past 5 years.  Non-jobs.


Posted by .
Unregistered


It's not SAP.  My goomba at Assenter has gotten very quiet.  They're seeing similar problems.

As far as :apu: goes...  he needs to be shipped back to Modi.  The work isn't here & the "temporary non-immigrant" portion of his visa needs to be enforced.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
Probably contracting is your best bet. Set up an LLC and try to find work. They usually don't care about who you are, age, race, etc as a contractor. Can you do the fucking job by the due date? That is all.

I don't think contracting works.  The Wog firms will block your inroads into consulting.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
 . said:
Just take a look at CL NYC for tech jobs. Maybe 2-3 real jobs, and they don't even pay well. The rest are training and Indian Scammers. That is a pretty scary. I don't think anyone is hiring now.

Your numbers kind of mirror my numbers.  

Months & months of Trev employment contraction, done in a month.

If you can figure out the 2 to 3 real jobs, you'll find they're with employers that have been looking for a purple squirrel for the past 5 years.  Non-jobs.

­
Exactly, if there was a job market, there would at least 50 jobs there waiting for a flood of resumes. I would like to post an ad just for fun. I bet my mailbox will be full.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
Probably contracting is your best bet. Set up an LLC and try to find work. They usually don't care about who you are, age, race, etc as a contractor. Can you do the fucking job by the due date? That is all.

I don't think contracting works.  The Wog firms will block your inroads into consulting.

I agree, they really pushed themselves into the business. They aren't perfect but they have an endless supply of bodies at the price companies are ok with. Good luck going into a huge corporation and trying to sell yourself like that.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
. said:
Probably contracting is your best bet. Set up an LLC and try to find work. They usually don't care about who you are, age, race, etc as a contractor. Can you do the fucking job by the due date? That is all.

I don't think contracting works.  The Wog firms will block your inroads into consulting.

I agree, they really pushed themselves into the business. They aren't perfect but they have an endless supply of bodies at the price companies are ok with. Good luck going into a huge corporation and trying to sell yourself like that.

They also have their kind managers in a place to make decisions.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Must be competitive as hell to get a job too. So many people looking, each opportunity is probably flooded with tons of resumes.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Amazon is hiring. They came door to door looking for workers. A guy had a tablet, he said let me snap your ID, you could be working tomorrow in an Amazon DC.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Amazon is hiring. They came door to door looking for workers. A guy had a tablet, he said let me snap your ID, you could be working tomorrow in an Amazon DC.

Wonderful opportunity with Flu season and COVID.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
They also have their kind managers in a place to make decisions.

You are not their caste.  You won't provide the Wog manager with a kickback.  You won't be considered.

Trump's H1B reform can't come soon enough.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
­
Exactly, if there was a job market, there would at least 50 jobs there waiting for a flood of resumes. I would like to post an ad just for fun. I bet my mailbox will be full.

For fields like graphic design, you'd see over 250 resumes per opening.
For Trev jobs, harder to tell the total number.  A better indicator is the staffing industry has disappeared.  If there were openings, the staffing firms would be trying to place people.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
­
Exactly, if there was a job market, there would at least 50 jobs there waiting for a flood of resumes. I would like to post an ad just for fun. I bet my mailbox will be full.

For fields like graphic design, you'd see over 250 resumes per opening.
For Trev jobs, harder to tell the total number.  A better indicator is the staffing industry has disappeared.  If there were openings, the staffing firms would be trying to place people.

How can a staffing firm keep a nyc office open in 2020.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
. said:
­
Exactly, if there was a job market, there would at least 50 jobs there waiting for a flood of resumes. I would like to post an ad just for fun. I bet my mailbox will be full.

For fields like graphic design, you'd see over 250 resumes per opening.
For Trev jobs, harder to tell the total number.  A better indicator is the staffing industry has disappeared.  If there were openings, the staffing firms would be trying to place people.

How can a staffing firm keep a nyc office open in 2020.

Not even worth for them to collect resumes anymore.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
How can a staffing firm keep a nyc office open in 2020.

They aren't.  Same with Boston & Philly.  

If you're a Trev & you get tossed out the door today, I hope you can survive for a minimum of 12 to 14 months without Trev work.

There's a lot of shitposting on these boards.  In this thread, I'm telling you what I see.  No shitposting involved.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
How can a staffing firm keep a nyc office open in 2020.

They aren't.  Same with Boston & Philly.  

If you're a Trev & you get tossed out the door today, I hope you can survive for a minimum of 12 to 14 months without Trev work.

There's a lot of shitposting on these boards.  In this thread, I'm telling you what I see.  No shitposting involved.

You are right sir. They are so delusional here that they believe magical trump has six figure jobs for everyone.
The unemployment numbers are really beyond comprehension. Many have just given up. I know here almost anyone can get foodstamps in 24 hours. No income? You qualify.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
You are right sir. They are so delusional here that they believe magical trump has six figure jobs for everyone.
The unemployment numbers are really beyond comprehension. Many have just given up. I know here almost anyone can get foodstamps in 24 hours. No income? You qualify.

The sibling works in an industry that uses a lot of Trev labor.  The earliest those Trevs will see the first signs of a return to normalcy will be after July of ‘21.

I told the sibling to apply for benefits.  In her case, the government put them out of work.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
You are right sir. They are so delusional here that they believe magical trump has six figure jobs for everyone.
The unemployment numbers are really beyond comprehension. Many have just given up. I know here almost anyone can get foodstamps in 24 hours. No income? You qualify.

I don’t believe Trump has a magic bullet to provide Trev employment.  Trump’s can put the screws to :apu: so that he departs.  That would free up job openings.

At this point, we can keep 5 percent of the truly skilled :apu:.  The rest can be shipped back to the shithole.


Posted by .
Unregistered


There’s a lot of shitposting on the red boards.  My employment posts in this thread ARE NOT shitposts.  I’m telling you what I see right now.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
You are right sir. They are so delusional here that they believe magical trump has six figure jobs for everyone.
The unemployment numbers are really beyond comprehension. Many have just given up. I know here almost anyone can get foodstamps in 24 hours. No income? You qualify.

I don’t believe Trump has a magic bullet to provide Trev employment.  Trump’s can put the screws to :apu: so that he departs.  That would free up job openings.

At this point, we can keep 5 percent of the truly skilled :apu:.  The rest can be shipped back to the shithole.

Who needs H1B's now. They can have them work in India.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
­
The stock collapsed 25%.

Massive cut-backs in business software investment all over the world.

Most large companies run SAP as an accounting and manufacturing system behind the scenes.

Its a canary in the coalmine, very turbulent waters ahead.

I have contacts at SAP.  Hadn't heard this one.  I didn't look for the CNBC article, since I usually hear something first.

SAP has been tossing people out the door at regular intervals.  Last go round, instead of a 10 percent cut everywhere, entire groups were tossed out the door.

There will be another set of departures either before January or before review/bonus time near March.

­
The collapse of SAP today is a big redpointing finger telling us things are turning to shit fast. SAP's growth has a 1 correlation to business investment. Over the last several months the stock had risen back to highs in anticipation that the EU zone and the US have opened up. Today that got turned on its head. Sure things have opened up to some extent but NO ONE is spending money on IT other than some narrow areas. No idea when this starts to get better, but right now it's getting worse. 

Batten down the hatches boys, we could be in for a long and painful one.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: so to speak...

No one is going to hire me, and if they do, it would probably be a fraction of what I make.
The companies I am contracting for now (not employed) are cutting Milton employees by the day.
This morning my supervisor called me (on SUNDAY) that he is out, he is with the company 22 years and a bit older than me. He said he is very worried. He mentioned a startup thing, he said he is talking to some other ex-teammates.

He thinks there is a ton of age discrimination in the field. Mostly because they hate paying what we are worth. He said though in this case the cuts had to happen, because the company is losing customers. It was a last resort to stay in business. He thinks the division is going to either get sold or just die off.

They keep me around but I smell smoke already.

What career should I go into?

Algo trading


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
­
The collapse of SAP today is a big redpointing finger telling us things are turning to shit fast. SAP's growth has a 1 correlation to business investment. Over the last several months the stock had risen back to highs in anticipation that the EU zone and the US have opened up. Today that got turned on its head. Sure things have opened up to some extent but NO ONE is spending money on IT other than some narrow areas. No idea when this starts to get better, but right now it's getting worse. 

Batten down the hatches boys, we could be in for a long and painful one.

­

In April I remember hearing weird countervailing arguments that the lockdown is great for IT in general because now endless tards working from home need IT support. Workplaces need better VPNs, firewalls and expansion to support all the tards. ISPs need to be able to handle tards at home beating off all day watching pornhub and netflix, etc.­

Think it was a flash in the pan maybe. Solid bank for IT helpdesk Apus though.

all IT spending will be cut in the future though, assuming the business is not an IT business.



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close