Topic: QUESTION: Who do you think was the greatest American that ever lived?
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: John Ritter or Phil Hartman

automatically disqualified if you are killed by your own wife, or disease's wife equivalent....cancer.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Andrew Jackson EOT

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Donald Trump

­
:themoreyouknow:

:potd:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Eric the Half a Bee

Posted by .
Unregistered

Richard Simmons.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Hambes was

Posted by .
Unregistered

Alexander Graham Bell

Andrew Carnegie

Thomas Edison

Andrew Jackson

Henry Ford

Posted by .
Unregistered

Me. Now fuck off, all of ya.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Hambes was

Harambe.

Bush had himb killed

Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered

:iwojima: :mobog: :iwojima:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: According to something I read, Carson betrayed some Indians who had given him their trust (and he married into the tribe, too).

Betrayal ain't cool.

­
Dealing with Indians was pretty difficult.  You might befriend them.  Then, if you happened to make friend with a tribe they hated, they viewed you as their enemy.  Shit like that went on all the time.

Carson dealt with lots of tribes, and even spoke about 6 or 7 tribal languages. Plus, of course, he dealt with settlers, the US government, etc.

I the relationship with one tribe went south, I don't know that I'd put that all on Carson.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Teddy probably embodies the American Spirit of the 20th Century as much as anybody, and did a lot to shape how we think about things like conservation, the environment, monopolies, and even America's place in the world.

Carson was very cool, if you get down to the individual level, and are just talking about one guy out living his life, having an impact, and being all about what America stood for at the time.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.