Topic: QUESTION: Who do you think was the greatest American that ever lived?
Posted by .
Unregistered

“The Jews could be put down very plausible as the most unpleasant race ever heard of. As commonly encountered they lack any of the qualities that mark the civilized man: courage, dignity, incorruptibility, ease, confidence. They have vanity without pride, voluptuousness without taste, and learning without wisdom. Their fortitude such as it is, is wasted upon puerile objects, and their charity is mainly a form of display.”

--HL Mencken, First Basement NAZI

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: OP here. My nomination:  KIT FUCKING CARSON.

Helped chart the Oregon Trail, that led to the expansion of America to the pacific.

Helped secure California in our war with Mexico.

Did things that most humans would find impossible -- including walking 1,000 miles across the SW deserts.

After all that, fought in the Civil War to help keep this country together.

And despite all this, did not seek to line his pockets or grift off his accomplishments.

KIT FUCKING CARSON. Maybe the greatest American ever.

Runner up: Eisenhower.

­
Kit Carson helped forge the Oregon Trail, which led to the settling of the America West.

WIthout him, there may not have been a California, Arizona, Nevade and New Mexico.

He was a badass, and a man who withstood unimaginable challenges.  He was also a humble man, and a friend to the Indians.

Posted by .
Unregistered

kit carson was a genocidal racist

eisenhower overthrew democratic govts in iran and gueatmala

thomas jefferson owned slaves and raped them, and also committed genocide

Posted by .
Unregistered

Bart Simpson

Posted by .
Unregistered

H. L. Mencken

Posted by .
Unregistered

ted bundy mgtow king

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: H. L. Mencken

­His book The American Language is brilliant.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Evel Knievel
:Rockon:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Joe Jackson Gibbs and its not close

Posted by .
Unregistered

Dave Grohl.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Joe Don Baker.  Close this thread.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Truman.  He had the balls to nuke Japan.

Twice.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Bull Fuxking Halsey.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Linus Torvalds

Posted by .
Unregistered

Kit Carson is also a good choice, but this man was even more worthy. He was also good friends and fought with kit Carson:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Fitzgerald_Beale

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Kit Carson is also a good choice, but this man was even more worthy. He was also good friends and fought with kit Carson:

­
Very cool.  I know little of him. I'll have to read up on him.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: kit carson was a genocidal racist

eisenhower overthrew democratic govts in iran and gueatmala

thomas jefferson owned slaves and raped them, and also committed genocide

­
Well, Justin, it looks like you have successfully swallowed the splooge of your Sociology professor.  Did they charge you $30,000 for that?

Posted by .
Unregistered

no one said teddy roosevelt?  That dude was seriously an american badass.  Either that or pee wee herman.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Kit Carson is also a good choice, but this man was even more worthy. He was also good friends and fought with kit Carson:

­
Very cool.  I know little of him. I'll have to read up on him.

­
His biography "Quarterdeck and Saddlehorn" illustrates his life very well. He did everything, and did it well.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: no one said teddy roosevelt?  That dude was seriously an american badass.  Either that or pee wee herman.

­
TR was actually my first choice, but I wanted to point out someone who is not as well remembered, but should be (Beale).

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Thomas Edison, I really enjoy being able to see and the A/C (electricity).

­
Edison didn't invent the light bulb. He was a patent troll. He stole most of his ideas from others and tried to set up a lab to create his own shit. Did nothing but screech.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Thomas Edison, I really enjoy being able to see and the A/C (electricity).

­
Edison didn't invent the light bulb. He was a patent troll. He stole most of his ideas from others and tried to set up a lab to create his own shit. Did nothing but screech.
\
:bidenhands:

­Shut it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

sam adams

Posted by .
Unregistered

According to something I read, Carson betrayed some Indians who had given him their trust (and he married into the tribe, too).

Betrayal ain't cool.

Posted by .
Unregistered

John Ritter or Phil Hartman

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.