Topic: QUESTION: Who do you think was the greatest American that ever lived?
Posted by .
Unregistered


I'll give my answer after 50 posts.  The person I'm thinking of was not rich or powerful. But this person embodied the spirit of what is best about America.

Go.


Posted by .
Unregistered


PAGPAG


Posted by .
Unregistered


Who cares what you think?

Come over to my place, and I will curbstomp you after I have my morning bagel.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Kelly Johnson


Posted by .
Unregistered


Donald Trump


Posted by .
Unregistered




Posted by .
Unregistered


A true American success story is one who is born to a rich, elite parents and fuck over everyone else to amass even greater fortune.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Who cares what you think?

Come over to my place, and I will curbstomp you after I have my morning bagel.

­You couldn't.  I've killed more people than you, and you would be dead before you spread the cream cheese on your stale donut.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Abraham Lincoln.  EOT.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Donald J Trump.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Thomas Edison, I really enjoy being able to see and the A/C (electricity).

Sigmund Freud was pretty epic, he wasn't American though.

Whoever created the interwebs.

I'm still waiting for a safe Airplane that ejects hot air balloons when the engine goes out for safety. :hmmm:
I'd love to fly all over the world.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Serious answer:  Frederick Douglass

From another angle of vision:  James Lynn ("Rajarsi Janakananda")

Arguably: Clara Peller

Each began life in obscurity, worked hard to refine inborn skills and talents, and reaped unexpected success in a chosen field of endeavor, influencing others around them for the better as a result of their work.  Without regard for what the majority might or might not think of them, they did as Americans what they would never have been able to do as Belgians or Samoans or Nigerians.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Whoever created the interwebs.

YOU CALLED?
\
:gore:


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Serious answer:  Frederick Douglass

From another angle of vision:  James Lynn ("Rajarsi Janakananda")

Arguably: Clara Peller

Each began life in obscurity, worked hard to refine inborn skills and talents, and reaped unexpected success in a chosen field of endeavor, influencing others around them for the better as a result of their work.  Without regard for what the majority might or might not think of them, they did as Americans what they would never have been able to do as Belgians or Samoans or Nigerians.

­
OP here: WRONG.  Keep guessing.


Posted by .
Unregistered


You're not getting 50 guesses, so just tell us.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Too many to pick a best - but names that pop into my head are Daniel Boone, George Rogers Clark, George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thos Jefferson, could go on and on


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: You're not getting 50 guesses, so just tell us.

­
No. Keep guessing.

He could fucking kill you, but he also mae America what it is today.


Posted by .
Unregistered


thomas paine

squanto

harriet tubman

mark twain

crazy horse

geronimo

malcolm x

taylor swift


Posted by .
Unregistered


alexandra daddario ocasio cortez


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:

In the wind he's still alive.

In the wind I hear him.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Too many to pick a best - but names that pop into my head are Daniel Boone, George Rogers Clark, George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thos Jefferson, could go on and on

­
Thomas Jefferson is a good guess. But he was a member of the privileged aristocracy.  This guy wasn't.

This guy is one of the great unwashed. One of us. He was fucking amazing, and I don't know of anyone who contributed more, as a normal citizen, to making America what it is today.

And the things he did, most Olympian atheletes would have failed at.


Posted by .
Unregistered


HINT:  He killed many people.  But he made our lives better.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: HINT:  He killed many people.  But he made our lives better.

John
Wayne
Gacy.

He clown drawings have brought joy to billions.


Posted by .
Unregistered


OP here. My nomination:  KIT FUCKING CARSON.

Helped chart the Oregon Trail, that led to the expansion of America to the pacific.

Helped secure California in our war with Mexico.

Did things that most humans would find impossible -- including walking 1,000 miles across the SW deserts.

After all that, fought in the Civil War to help keep this country together.

And despite all this, did not seek to line his pockets or grift off his accomplishments.

KIT FUCKING CARSON. Maybe the greatest American ever.

Runner up: Eisenhower.


Posted by .
Unregistered


BENSA!   :rant:



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close