Topic: With no other debt, if you bring home $4,300 a month can you afford a $1,500 mortgage payment?
Posted by .
Unregistered

Why do Americans refuse to live within their means and insist on walking the razor’s edge of debt? Does living paycheck to paycheck one lay-off or corporate restructuring give you a perverse thrill?

Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered

. said: Why do Americans refuse to live within their means and insist on walking the razor’s edge of debt? Does living paycheck to paycheck one lay-off or corporate restructuring give you a perverse thrill?

It is quite within this person's means to buy a house.  You have to pay to live somewhere even if you don't buy a house.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The more you own the more owns you. Google minimalism.

Posted by .
Unregistered

T-34.nli said:
It is quite within this person's means to buy a house.  You have to pay to live somewhere even if you don't buy a house.

­
^^
Agreed, but how the OP getting the ball rolling? No ones brought up purchase price or down payment

Posted by .
Unregistered

Purchase price is $250,000. $75,000 down.

Posted by T-34.nli
Unregistered

. said: Purchase price is $250,000. $75,000 down.

You are golden -- miles ahead of most people buying a house.  If you want it do it the questions aren't really about money they are about commitment, mobility, lifestyle, lawn-cutting, etc.

Posted by .
Unregistered

T-34.nli said:
. said: Why do Americans refuse to live within their means and insist on walking the razor’s edge of debt? Does living paycheck to paycheck one lay-off or corporate restructuring give you a perverse thrill?

\
:winner:

­The difference, TyrannoTARDUS Max, is that IF you lose your job (an alien concept I know, to a drug addled FAIRY) and you rent, then govt gimmiedats will pay your rent.

If the same thing happens and you own a home, the govt says :fuckyou:

You are forced to SELL your home.  And if you can't do that quickly enough, it will be foreclosed from under you.

Just look at the world around you :dumbass:  A moratorium on evictions exists RIGHT FUCKING NOW.  Renters CANNOT be made homeless.  Home owners CAN, and ARE BEING!

Bonus, the ONLY way a renter can be evicted, and evicted fast, is if the landlord defaults on his mortgage.  THEN the bank can fasttrack the eviction (within 28 days) if they intend to repossess and dispose of the property.

This is literally the worst time in HISTORY to take out a fucking mortgage.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
. said: Op here. I make $80,000, take 10% for 401k and have $600,000 in retirement investments. This is after a late life post divorce financial reset.

I will inherit north of one million in a decade or so but don’t like to think about or factor that in.

why are you asking these tards it sounds like you have a lot :frown:

Theyll just tell you the sky is falling.

I have some assets but my income is not impressive and I would be taking on debt late in life. Getting zeroed out in a divorce makes you gun shy. :shrug:

Well i understand

Im in the same boat and probably will be dead before im clear of debt but Im not happy with rent going up literally forever 

I didnt have a divorce i just lived like a moron and didnt know any better.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­The difference, TyrannoTARDUS Max, is that IF you lose your job (an alien concept I know, to a drug addled FAIRY) and you rent, then govt gimmiedats will pay your rent.

You are forced to SELL your home.  And if you can't do that quickly enough, it will be foreclosed from under you.

Just look at the world around you :dumbass:  A moratorium on evictions exists RIGHT FUCKING NOW.  Renters CANNOT be made homeless.  Home owners CAN, and ARE BEING!

Bonus, the ONLY way a renter can be evicted, and evicted fast, is if the landlord defaults on his mortgage.  THEN the bank can fasttrack the eviction (within 28 days) if they intend to repossess and dispose of the property.

Hes right you will be a lot more secure in income if you wait until you are 60 for a perfect world

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

The moratorium won’t last forever, what then?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Faint heart never won a fair maiden.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

The moratorium won’t last forever, what then?

Then you enjoy your rent going up again, forever

but at least you didnt take a chance

Posted by .
Unregistered

I will come live with this OP if he needs a homie :rockon:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: If you're single, sure.

The correctness of this post cannot be overstated.

Do never marry.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Going through live scared is already half dead. Take a bite out of life while you still can.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I will come live with this OP if he needs a homie :rockon:

­

Housewarming party at dot's house, everybody!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: I will come live with this OP if he needs a homie :rockon:

­

Housewarming party at dot's house, everybody!

I made my payment :paint2: life of debt!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Going through live scared is already half dead. Take a bite out of life while you still can.

­Buy HIGH sell LOW.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Update? Did you throw caution to the wind and buy it?

Posted by .
Unregistered

It is doable.

I bought my first house in 2009 at age 28 for $280K.  I put $150K down and on a 15 year fixed note the payment was something like $700 a month.  I was paying $2,500 in principle alone while taking home $5K after taxes.  Of course I did not do stupid shit like buy an $80K truck to drive to an office job.  I threw in my tax return and year end bonus a few years so I was done within 3 years.  

Having a payment of any kind is a sure fire way to destroy building up any savings.

Posted by .
Unregistered

You gotta live somewhere, a house is somewhere to live, it's expensive.  If I had it to do over again I'd have bought the same house, I'm pretty happy with this.  Purchase price was 259K, on zillow it's 450K now and I had a bank appraisal a year ago for $425K.  Still owe 200K on it, but I'm ahead very significantly due to appreciation.

How do you get that much appreciation in seven years?

Buy the nicest house in an all white working to lower middle class neighborhood.  At worst some neighbor kid is going to burn a bag of dogshit on your stoop or steal your kid's bike or throw a baseball through a window.  It's good.  Don't tell anybody about the guns or your stereo (dibs) and everything should be fine.

Still making a $1400 payment, will do so forever, how the fuck could I ever borrow that much money at 3% again?  I'll let that fucker run.  20 years from now that $1400 is going to be like $50 today.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Mortgage rates have never been lower

Posted by .
Unregistered

I say if you aren't gay but you are lonely and the other guy seems clean, then indulge your curiosity

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­Gee, I don't know.  MAYBE BECAUSE A BUNCH OF COMMUNIST FILTH ARE LITERALLY TRYING TO DESTROY CAPITALISM ON THE PRETENCE OF SOME BULLSHIT FAKE VIRUS, WHICH THEY WILL THEN MERGE INTO SOME BULLSHIT FAKE "CLIMATE CHANGE / EXTINTION CRISIS" IN JANUARY, AS PART OF THE WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM'S "GREAT RESET".  YOU GORMLESS FUCKWITTED TARD.
\
:oldlady:

Cliffs Notes: taking on debt now is a move only a :winner: would contemplate.

­
Yew fergot to say FEKULENTZ!!!!11!
\
:winner:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Buy now or be priced out forever

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.