Topic: A company called “Snowflake” prices IPO at $120 per share for $33B valuation
Posted by .
Unregistered

That $120 is well above the most recently hoped-for range of $100-$110 (which itself was lifted from $75-$85), and the $33B valuation is miles above the $12.4B valuation Snowflake received in a funding round earlier this year.

Shares will begin trading tomorrow on the NYSE under the symbol SNOW.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The company is basically a scam. What they do is they go into your company and if you have a lot of databases they make them into one big database

That's it.

33 billion for that

Posted by .
Unregistered

Bid in at $130

Posted by .
Unregistered

This tech bubble is gonna be worse than 1999

Posted by .
Unregistered

TO THE CLOUD!
\
:winner:

Posted by .
Unregistered

VCs are cashing out :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: TO THE CLOUD!
\
:winner:

­
That’s where snow comes from. In the sky with heaven and Jesus.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Lots of people in this thread with no idea of what Snowflake is and why it’s used. STFU and let the grownups talk, dipshits.

Posted by M Stonebraker
Unregistered

. said: Lots of people in this thread with no idea of what Snowflake is and why it’s used. STFU and let the grownups talk, dipshits.

Looks like another analytical database that comes around every other month. Add it to the pile of 50 other products that bit the dust after a few good years.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I just looked at their financials  - they're raking in the money.­

small to midsize companies pay through the nose for cloud services because they can fire costly IT staff

Posted by .
Unregistered

M Stonebraker said:
Looks like another analytical database that comes around every other month. Add it to the pile of 50 other products that bit the dust after a few good years.

what was the one that came around last month?

or in July?

How about the list of them for 2020.   I'll wait

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
what was the one that came around last month?

or in July?

How about the list of them for 2020.   I'll wait

https://db-engines.com/en/ranking
:snicker:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: The company is basically a scam. What they do is they go into your company and if you have a lot of databases they make them into one big database

That's it.

33 billion for that

­
Have they even done this with a working product yet?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
https://db-engines.com/en/ranking
::

those are on-prem DBs that require costly IT staff.

you're fired!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

you're fired!

WRONG.

Fuck off Brian.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

you're fired!

WRONG.

Fuck off Brian.

­
:lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I just looked at their financials  - they're raking in the money.­

small to midsize companies pay through the nose for cloud services because they can fire costly IT staff

­
Yep. That is the beauty of the cloud. You hire (or outsource) one or two cloud trevs who automate almost everything, and then you can fire the 20 other trevs who constantly whine and complain how they are not properly respected for their 1337 linux skillz. 

Those trevs end up working at Arby's, bitching and whining about snowflakes, SJW, feminazis, street shitters - you know average F2 poster stuff.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Moved to them from RDS PostGres instances. What we paid 200K a year for was 2M with these dickheads and not 10X faster. Moved to clickhouse and never looked back.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Moved to them from RDS PostGres instances. What we paid 200K a year for was 2M with these dickheads and not 10X faster. Moved to clickhouse and never looked back.

­
Once more again, in English this time?

:apu:

So your cost before the move was $200K a year at your location all in, including staff, and it was $2M afterwards at Snowflake?  And then at "clickhouse" (??) with no appreciable cost?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Why would any firm risk their database by outsourcing?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Lots of people in this thread with no idea of what Snowflake is and why it’s used. STFU and let the grownups talk, dipshits.

­They take your data and increase its gayness by a minimum of 10x.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Why would any firm risk their database by outsourcing?
\
:flaming:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Why would any firm risk their database by outsourcing?

My data

My data center.

:eot:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
My data

My data center.

:eot:

­
Fuck off

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: The company is basically a scam. What they do is they go into your company and if you have a lot of databases they make them into one big database

That's it.

33 billion for that

­
Cloud native? Agile DevOps, or DevSecOps, with Scrum?
\
:bean:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.