Topic: Karl Marx vs. John Cougar Mellencamp on the subject of small towns
Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

Well I was born in a small town

And I live in a small town
Probably die in a small town
Oh, those small communities…
- John Cougar Mellencamp

“The bourgeoisie has ... thus rescued a considerable part of the population from the idiocy of rural life."
- Karl Marx 

:kgb:

Posted by .
Unregistered

When did you start drinking again?  I'll know a lie.

Posted by .
Unregistered

So I guess the smart people are all huddled together in cities like cockroaches. In the words of a famous midwestern rube named Johnny Carson, "I DID NOT KNOW THAT."

:moreyouknow:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: So I guess the smart people are all huddled together in cities like cockroaches. In the words of a famous midwestern rube named Johnny Carson, "I DID NOT KNOW THAT."

­
That's how teapots lives.

:snicker:

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

. said: So I guess the smart people are all huddled together in cities like cockroaches. In the words of a famous midwestern rube named Johnny Carson, "I DID NOT KNOW THAT."

There ain't much to country living: Blood, sweat, piss, beer.
- Warren Zevon

“The less you eat, drink and read books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorize, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save-the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor dust will devour-your capital. The less you are, the more you have; the less you express your own life, the greater is your alienated life-the greater is the store of your estranged being.”
- Karl Marx

Posted by .
Unregistered

Karl Marx was a mentally deficient, morbidly obese, crypto-jew with a face like a deformed arse.  Everything that he ever wrote was intellectually flawed, and as a man, he wasn't.  That worthless sack of cunt never did a days work in his entire worthless fucking life.  If statues should be pulled down, his should, in Highgate Cementary, London.

Hopefully people will pull it down, smash it with hammers, dig up his grave and shit on his remains.  Filthy german CUNT.

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

. said: Karl Marx was a mentally deficient, morbidly obese, crypto-jew with a face like a deformed arse.  Everything that he ever wrote was intellectually flawed, and as a man, he wasn't.  That worthless sack of cunt never did a days work in his entire worthless fucking life.  If statues should be pulled down, his should, in Highgate Cementary, London.

Hopefully people will pull it down, smash it with hammers, dig up his grave and shit on his remains.  Filthy german CUNT.

List the books you've written that have been on the best-seller list for over 100 years.  Or shut the fuck up.  Nigel.

Posted by .
Unregistered

:sovietman:

Posted by Duckford.nli
Unregistered

Where the rural man observes the world around him and understands it, the urbanite lives in an artificial world full of arbitrary nonsense and only understands the world through the incorrect idea that man has made everything and exists as a form of man's will.  The rural man is connected, intelligent, alive and interacting with the real world.  The urban man lives in a fantasy world of ideas, never touching the ground, never learning from people, never learning from reality, never touching concrete things in his concrete world, he refuses to connect with God's universe because he is locked into a self made world of his own ideas that will not tolerate reality correcting and trumping his ideas. 

When the rural man wants to know about a horse, he goes and visits the stable and talks to the ranchers about horses, he sees and interacts with a horse.  When the city man thinks about horses, he has no interest in a real horse.  He reads fictional books about horses, watches movies about horses, talks about horses with charlatans who know nothing about horses.  Show the city man a real horse, and he will reel in fear, he will collapse in disappointment that the real horse does not live up to his idea.  He declares the horse "not a real horse, it does not fit my ideas of what a horse is".  After all this foolishness of the city dweller, he dares call himself the "educated" and "intelligent" people compared to rural people.  When the urban man is nothing but a spoiled child living in a fantasy world, constantly rejecting real understanding and wisdom, making him the most foolish of the fools. 

Marx and the neo liberals who made him, like Engels, hate rural people because they are connected to reality and cannot be mindwashed and controlled.  They realized that city people are ignorant dipshits who live in a world of ideas, a world of ideas they can manipulate and guide, and eventually control.  Those who want to control humanity like mindless cattle want an urban population of fools, not a rural population of people they can't.

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said:
List the books you've written that have been on the best-seller list for over 100 years.  Or shut the fuck up.  Nigel.

I will have you know that my e-book on Amazon cracked the top 100 during the week of April 16, 2016.

Posted by Duckford.nli
Unregistered

Rural people live in the real world, deal with real things, understand real things and real ideas and concepts.  Explain issues with them mechanically, you would be surprised how much you can teach them about complex issues.  They observe the world directly, and can easily be taught concrete and positive things.  They live in communities that have good diversity, the diversity of classes and stations in life, where they understand people of different classes and roles in life and economy.  They lack the bad diversity of multi race and multi ethnic separation and conflict.

City people live in an artificial environment, they live in a world of arbitrary and artificial concepts and ideas.  They are damned fool enough to think that buildings grow out of the ground, that bread grows on a store shelf.  They are the worst of institutionalized people, who think whatever a school says is more important than real world information.  They think movies and fictional literature make them "educated" and "cultured", as they consume shit grade media and propaganda.  They often suffer from the bad diversity of ethnic splits, and suffer from the lack of good diversity of classes and stations in life as they tend to live with people of the same income level, and spend their time with people of the same trade and station in life leading to terrible myopia and class ignorance that the Marxists will tell you is "class consiousness" when it is 100% exactly the opposite thereof.

Posted by .
Unregistered

"How many toy guns and action figures have you invented?

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

I think you are the bombe Duckford but I don't agree at all.  No rural horse farmer knows nearly as much about horses as any post-doc working in a biology faculty.  They might think they do, and they will certainly have greater familiarity with horses, but they typically don't actually know very much about them at all.

When livestock gets sick beyond routine problems the farmer goes to a veterinarian, who has advanced university training, that he obtained in a city.  You know this is true.

It is romantic to think otherwise but it has never been so.  Ever even in ancient times.  Rural culture is just dull, backward, and lacking in innovation compared to cities.  Nothing personal.

Posted by Duckford.nli
Unregistered

teapots.nli said: I think you are the bombe Duckford but I don't agree at all.  No rural horse farmer knows nearly as much about horses as any post-doc working in a biology faculty.  They might think they do, and they will certainly have greater familiarity with horses, but they typically don't actually know very much about them at all.

When livestock gets sick beyond routine problems the farmer goes to a veterinarian, who has advanced university training, that he obtained in a city.  You know this is true.

It is romantic to think otherwise but it has never been so.  Ever even in ancient times.  Rural culture is just dull, backward, and lacking in innovation compared to cities.  Nothing personal.

­
A handful of skilled middle class people dont' represent the vast, VAST majority of the urban population.  The average lower classman, and many of the lesser skilled middle class, are no smarter or better than their rural counterparts.  In fact, they represent everything I said, and I'm 100% right.  The average lower class rural man is far more connected to reality and has a better head on his shoulders than his city cousins, who truly are ignorant dipshits living in a gigantic Plato's Cave. 

Your beloved upper middle class urban oligarchs have manged to destroy the society they took from rural nobility.  Their contrived economy and currency is in ruins and fast decline, an unsustainable plan from the beginning.  Their social programming on humanity has been purely negative.  Outside of technology, the world has been going backwards for decades.  With looming crisis, the only thing the oligarchs do is fight over power and money, petty ideology, they see the problems they have inflicted upon humanity as "opportunity", not "crisis".  When you press them on the failures of their policy and system, they don't take responsibility with honor and dignity, rather they squirm like the spineless worms they are, and go "It isn't my fault, blame someone else, let me go about acquiring more wealth and influence to do things I will not take responsibility for in the future, either".

Cities have their positive points, but the social psychology of the city is purely negative.  The lifestyle of the city is purely negative.  Gazelleschaft is bad, the arbitrary and artificial world is bad.  The rat race and the addictions of workism and consumerism are bad. 

"You rural people have no lives, so boring!  Not like us urban folk, who are either working, or going to movies or restaurants, or to the mall, and call that hollow miserable consumer lifestyle a full life!"
\
:winner:

Again, the city talks about its products in terms of human capital, or industrial goods, or its valuable role in trade.  Never about the shittiness of urban life.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Duckford.nli said:
Marx and the neo liberals who made him, like Engels, hate rural people because they are connected to reality and cannot be mindwashed and controlled.  They realized that city people are ignorant dipshits who live in a world of ideas, a world of ideas they can manipulate and guide, and eventually control.  Those who want to control humanity like mindless cattle want an urban population of fools, not a rural population of people they can't.

­:potd:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Blocked drain 442.

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

^ You took it personally Duckford.  Shouldn't do that it's not about individuals it's about culture.  An individual can move back and forth between country and city and many do over their lives.  

The country is always reactionary and conservative, the cities always innovative and dynamic.  Art, science, engineering all come from cities (often from former farm boys such as Isaac Newton)

But in any case this isn't what Marx was talking about at all when he said "the idiocy of rural life" -- he was speaking about the dull hard labour endless grind of life before tractors and threshing machines.  Work so tortuous that people fed to the relative ease of brutal steam powered factories.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Now we have bulldozers that can do the work of 1000 men, in a couple of hours. Thanks to fossil fuels, kings no longer need vast armies of slaves.

Posted by .
Unregistered

And regarding small town wisdom, there are few better examples than farmer Victor Davis Hanson. http://victorhanson.com/

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

. said: Now we have bulldozers that can do the work of 1000 men, in a couple of hours. Thanks to fossil fuels, kings no longer need vast armies of slaves.

Was the necessary understanding of chemistry for that developed in Paris and Berlin or in Buttfuck Idaho?  I'm not sure.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Probably Krauts, I would guess, Or Scots.

Posted by .
Unregistered

FWIW, there is a vision of heaven where the mechanics are all German, the policemen are all British, and the lovers are Italian.

However, in Hell, Germans are the policemen, Italians are the mechanics, and the lovers are Brits.

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

. said: FWIW, there is a vision of heaven where the mechanics are all German, the policemen are all British, and the lovers are Italian.

However, in Hell, Germans are the policemen, Italians are the mechanics, and the lovers are Brits.

Oldie but still funny :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said:
Oldie but still funny :lol:

­But wrong. The Brits are the cooks in the complete version

Posted by .
Unregistered

History shows that the trend is to leave rural areas for the cities and I suspect it was for good reasons.  There seems to be a reverse trend for whites with money who want to avoid teh big city thugs and dyke mayors.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.