Topic: Monterey Bay Aquarium may close it's door permanently
Posted by .
Unregistered

That's a great idea for an amusement park, one where you can watch animals kill and eat each other, just like the Romans used to do with their prisoners of war. I bet  lot of :cletus: would pay to see that shit.

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

. said: That's a great idea for an amusement park, one where you can watch animals kill and eat each other, just like the Romans used to do with their prisoners of war. I bet  lot of :cletus: would pay to see that shit.

The Toronto zoo has a polar bear pool where the polar bears can swim.  It's like a real pool and has ice in it even in the summer.

BUSINESS IDEA: ship up US death row prisoners.  If you make it across the pool full pardon.  If not the US government owns the Pay per view rights.  WIN WIN.  Deficit paid every person on earth would tune in.  No need to worry about security --  nobody is ever going to make it across.

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said:
The Toronto zoo has a polar bear pool where the polar bears can swim.  It's like a real pool and has ice in it even in the summer.

BUSINESS IDEA: ship up US death row prisoners.  If you make it across the pool full pardon.  If not the US government owns the Pay per view rights.  WIN WIN.  Deficit paid every person on earth would tune in.  No need to worry about security --  nobody is ever going to make it across.

­
and all prisoners wear a gopro to stream live.  I thought I saw one or more movies about something like this.

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said:
. said:
­If you've ever been there, it kinda sucks. There are some cool sea creatures on display, but there is no information posted about them. They have little tablets posted in English and Spanish, but they don't tell you any facts about the animals, their habitat, etc.

Honestly I thought it was a place you could go to learn about nature, but it's actually just a giant gift shop. :frown:

Yes its disgusting.  Public zoos have an educational and research mandate and are sort of kind of justified or at least can make a case.  Private aquariums (Toronto has one too) are just Roman/Las Vegas style spectacles.  It is anti-educational and a pimping of nature.  The Board of Directors should be submerged in the shark tank, covered in sardine oil.

Sorry to burst your commie bubble, but "Monterey Bay Aquarium is a nonprofit public aquarium."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterey_Bay_Aquarium

Guess they don't get enough tax money to feed their executive penguins, so they are forced to hold wedding receptions in the viewing area:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/00/b6/8c/00b68c6684d18618e3d1fe25f34ff568.jpg

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

KULAK

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

Sorry to burst your commie bubble, but "Monterey Bay Aquarium is a nonprofit public aquarium."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterey_Bay_Aquarium

Guess they don't get enough tax money to feed their executive penguins, so they are forced to hold wedding receptions in the viewing area:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/00/b6/8c/00b68c6684d18618e3d1fe25f34ff568.jpg

­

My wife and daughter have slept over at the aquarium a couple of times.  I think it cost $100/pp.

It's a nice place, but not worth revisiting.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Indianapolis had an awesome aquarium then they sort of exchanged it all for this gigantic dolphin tank.

before they had lots of good sized tanks with a huge variety of species, whoever was in charge there did not get the recognition they deserved

but now we got a gigantic dolphin tank because the dolphin show and the women involved with it get their way and the little children love da dolphins sew much, we have to make everything for the wittle kiddies

Posted by .
Unregistered

Bass Pro has the best aquariums.

Posted by .
Unregistered

How would you like to have to be the one to squeegie 450 acres of aquarium glass every week, with a wetsuit, from the inside. I bet that person is thankful the place is closing.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Indianapolis had an awesome aquarium then they sort of exchanged it all for this gigantic dolphin tank.

before they had lots of good sized tanks with a huge variety of species, whoever was in charge there did not get the recognition they deserved

but now we got a gigantic dolphin tank because the dolphin show and the women involved with it get their way and the little children love da dolphins sew much, we have to make everything for the wittle kiddies

­
I went to a drug rep party at the old Steinhart Aquarium in San Francisco.  Party thrown by Janssen Pharmaceuticals.

It was obscene.  Bars every 25 feet.  Hundreds of waitstaff.  Huge sit-down dessert/coffee tent built in the back of the aquarium.

Why is America in the shitter?  Drug companies and the medical industry in general.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: How would you like to have to be the one to squeegie 450 acres of aquarium glass every week, with a wetsuit, from the inside. I bet that person is thankful the place is closing.

i used the magnetic squeegie on my tank, works like a charm.  squeezie it from the outside

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

. said: How would you like to have to be the one to squeegie 450 acres of aquarium glass every week, with a wetsuit, from the inside. I bet that person is thankful the place is closing.

That would be a fun job for the first few days.  Probably get raped by dolphins and other fish a lot but you take the sweet with the sour.  :littletriangle:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Bass Pro has the best aquariums.

i worked at the factory that makes all the aquariums for all wal marts and petsmarts in north america.  it is absolutely humongous, I drove a forklift stacking aquariums on pallets to the ceilings.  never broke a single aquarium.

but it's amazingly simple to build the aquariums with the tools they got there, the system.  i had one of the 75 gallon tanks and they are incredibly sturdy, had it for 10 years, never leaked never cracked, the glass stayed crystal clear

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said:

That would be a fun job for the first few days.  Probably get raped by dolphins and other fish a lot but you take the sweet with the sour.  :littletriangle:

you can see the divers in this tank workin on the bottom.  they are in there with all kinds of sharks.  hard to believe this is a real aquarium, looks like some kind of fantasy CGI

Posted by .
Unregistered

so i guess this shark is real. what kind of shark is this??

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: so i guess this shark is real. what kind of shark is this??

­
one that is not hungry.

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

^ FAKE ARAB SHARK

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.