Topic: Hertz stock drops 40% on report it's preparing bankruptcy tonight
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
. said:
­They wouldn't do that !

I was wrong. They won't even let you go through the adjudication process:

https://thegate.boardingarea.com/warning-rental-car-companies-may-automatically-pay-violations-little-can/

Warning: Rental Car Companies May Automatically Pay Violations — and There Is Little You Can Do About It

“If you are issued a ticket while driving a rental car, rental car agreements provide that a rental party is responsible for all tickets issued to the rental vehicle during the rental period. DC DMV has discovered that some rental car companies will automatically pay any ticket(s) incurred on vehicles and charge the customer the ticket fine plus administrative fees. They will not provide you with the opportunity to adjudicate the tickets, as the adjudication process ends once a ticket is paid even if it going through the adjudication process. As the legal owner of the vehicle, rental car companies are within their rights to use this process.”

­This is why your read contracts before you sign them.

­If I would have read every word of every contract I've signed (including online software agreements) I would have spent way, way more time and effort than this one fine was worth.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Couldn't happen to a nicer company. This is the same company that hides in their contract that if anyone driving the vehicle gets a citation Hertz pays the fine without going to court and you get charged for it on your card. It doesn't matter who is driving the vehicle at the time.

The person can always go back to Bumfuck Egypt where they rented the vehicle to contest the charges but the cost of doing so doesn't compensate for having the charge removed.

­
Meh. That's no reason to dis them.  What the fuck to you want them to do, go to court?

"Your honor, we weren't present at the incident, but we deny the officer's claim, and insist that our customer is innocent."

Seriously, WTF else would you have them do?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Their senior managers are woman, nog, lesbian.  Hertz never had a chance.

­
THIS.

DIEversity proves itself again.

­
I don't know about that.  The main thing is, when you land at the airport, you have your choice of about 10 rental companies -- and there isn't a single fucking point of differentiation among any of them that I know of. 

So you go online, and pick the cheapest. 

It's the most unimaginative, un-innovative industry out there.  Their only answer is to buy each other up, and still operate under different names, even though the cars and locations are the same.  It's stupid.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
It is.  I used to travel every week for business.  Hilton Diamon, Marriott Top Bonvoy (whatever its called now), Delta Diamond.   Got all the perks and had enough points to never have to actually pay for a vacation.   Our company is embracing WFH, so the days of travel are gone for the most part.  Hotels, airlines and rental car companies are fucked.  I predict hotels will confidante, so where there were several Hilton brands in one city, there will only be one or two.  Imagine abandoned hotels in every city.  Its going to happen.

­
You're right about the hotels.

I remember I had to travel on business the week after 9/11, when no one was travelling.  Had to go to Chicago.  Hilton had several hotels in downtown Chicago, but they were funneling everyone to the one on Wacker (I think), and had the others shut down.  This may be the case for the next 6-12 months, or however long things take to bounce back.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: ­Wacker (I think)

Michigan has a lot more hotels.  Could you see the park/Wrigley Building/Water Tower/Hancock Center from your hotel?  That is Michigan.  Though Wacker and Michigan do share an intersection and there are some hotels on Wacker right there.  Michigan is really downtown hotel row for the biggies.  Some boutiques hotels off of State too.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Michigan has a lot more hotels.  Could you see the park/Wrigley Building/Water Tower/Hancock Center from your hotel?  That is Michigan.  Though Wacker and Michigan do share an intersection and there are some hotels on Wacker right there.  Michigan is really downtown hotel row for the biggies.  Some boutiques hotels off of State too.

­
I'm thinking of the street that runs parallel to Michigan, one or two blocks over.  There's a Hilton down around where the Art Institutes is -- must be Monroe or Jackson Street or something.  That's were I got funneled over to.  Nice hotel, and I could walk to the museum.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­
Wabash, not Wacker.  It was either that, or State. Down toward where the Art Institute.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The Art Institute is directly on Michigan, it is nestled within Grant Park.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.