Topic: Hertz stock drops 40% on report it's preparing bankruptcy tonight
Posted by Fudster
Unregistered

. said:
:facepalm:
The perks has been in steady decline since 9/11/2001.

­
Yeah, but the door slammed shut this spring.

Until then, it was still possible to enjoy first class, nice rental cars, etc.

The only upside I've noticed this month is that the hotels are giving elite members the best available room without question. That's only because the place is empty.

I paid $79 two weeks ago for a two room suite at a Hyatt Regency.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Fudster said: I paid $79 two weeks ago for a two room suite at a Hyatt Regency.

­
They Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg is closed right now.  :mad:

Posted by Fudster
Unregistered

. said:
­
They Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg is closed right now.  :mad:

­
So many hotels are closed right now.

Many are being used for homeless shelters, others simply shuttered because there are no guests.

The hotel industry is going to see a massive contraction over the next year.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Fudster said:
­
So many hotels are closed right now.

Many are being used for homeless shelters, others simply shuttered because there are no guests.

The hotel industry is going to see a massive contraction over the next year.

­
The Extended Stay With Ņiggers hotels are doing great.

If some of these better hotels had dropped their rates and marketed it a little bit they could have stolen away that business.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
The Extended Stay With Ņiggers hotels are doing great.

If some of these better hotels had dropped their rates and marketed it a little bit they could have stolen away that business.

­

So you think homeless tards are going to stay at W?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

So you think homeless tards are going to stay at W?

­There are a few boutique hotels in Chicago that lent themselves out to the city for the crisis:  https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/4/17/21225604/coronavirus-pandemic-frontlines-chicago-hotel-workers-dangers

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Couldn't happen to a nicer company. This is the same company that hides in their contract that if anyone driving the vehicle gets a citation Hertz pays the fine without going to court and you get charged for it on your card. It doesn't matter who is driving the vehicle at the time.

The person can always go back to Bumfuck Egypt where they rented the vehicle to contest the charges but the cost of doing so doesn't compensate for having the charge removed.

­They wouldn't do that !

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Fudster said: I'm a President's Club member at Hertz.

Over the past two months, things have gone to shit at Hertz.

The quality of the available cars has declined to Enterprise Car Rental territory.

Normally, what I do when I arrive at a location is to first check out the President's aisle. I always reserve a mid-size, because that allows me to select anything from the President's aisle.

If there is nothing good on the aisle, I find an employee and offer them a $20 to find me a good car at the back of the lot.

Usually, the employee will come back with a Jag or a Cadillac or a Range Rover.

Over the past two months, the employees have apologized and said the best car available is an Impala or a Chrysler 300.

I totally understand that Covid has screwed the economy, so I don't blame Hertz.

I now realize that the days of luxury travel are over.

:sadbanana:

It is.  I used to travel every week for business.  Hilton Diamon, Marriott Top Bonvoy (whatever its called now), Delta Diamond.   Got all the perks and had enough points to never have to actually pay for a vacation.   Our company is embracing WFH, so the days of travel are gone for the most part.  Hotels, airlines and rental car companies are fucked.  I predict hotels will confidante, so where there were several Hilton brands in one city, there will only be one or two.  Imagine abandoned hotels in every city.  Its going to happen.

Most business travel is BS. Unless you are delivering physical product, you can do it thru teams.

Posted by .
Unregistered

MaddMoney said: BUY THE DIPS!  GREAT TIME TO INVEST! THE MARKET ALWAYS RECOVERS!

­
The market but not individual companies. Not Hertz.

I lost my shirtz investing in Hertz.
\
:MILTON:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: WFH is just a gateway to WFH in India and China.  WFH will not last.

­:interesting:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Couldn't happen to a nicer company. This is the same company that hides in their contract that if anyone driving the vehicle gets a citation Hertz pays the fine without going to court and you get charged for it on your card. It doesn't matter who is driving the vehicle at the time.

The person can always go back to Bumfuck Egypt where they rented the vehicle to contest the charges but the cost of doing so doesn't compensate for having the charge removed.

­They wouldn't do that !

­I tell you what !

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
The market but not individual companies. Not Hertz.

I lost my shirtz investing in Hertz.
\
:MILTON:

Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook = 20% of the S&P. The other 3500 listings are garbage.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Amazon?  Oracle?  Pharama companies?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

The quality of the available cars has declined to Enterprise Car Rental territory.

Normally, what I do when I arrive at a location is to first check out the President's aisle. I always reserve a mid-size, because that allows me to select anything from the President's aisle.

If there is nothing good on the aisle, I find an employee and offer them a $20 to find me a good car at the back of the lot.

Over the past two months, the employees have apologized and said the best car available is an Impala or a Chrysler 300.

I totally understand that Covid has screwed the economy, so I don't blame Hertz.

It is.  I used to travel every week for business.  Hilton Diamon, Marriott Top Bonvoy (whatever its called now), Delta Diamond.   Got all the perks and had enough points to never have to actually pay for a vacation.   Our company is embracing WFH, so the days of travel are gone for the most part.  Hotels, airlines and rental car companies are fucked.  I predict hotels will confidante, so where there were several Hilton brands in one city, there will only be one or two.  Imagine abandoned hotels in every city.  Its going to happen.

Most business travel is BS. Unless you are delivering physical product, you can do it thru teams.

­I'm surprised business travel wasn't gutted with the popularity in video conferencing about 10+ years ago.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­They wouldn't do that !

I was wrong. They won't even let you go through the adjudication process:

https://thegate.boardingarea.com/warning-rental-car-companies-may-automatically-pay-violations-little-can/

Warning: Rental Car Companies May Automatically Pay Violations — and There Is Little You Can Do About It

“If you are issued a ticket while driving a rental car, rental car agreements provide that a rental party is responsible for all tickets issued to the rental vehicle during the rental period. DC DMV has discovered that some rental car companies will automatically pay any ticket(s) incurred on vehicles and charge the customer the ticket fine plus administrative fees. They will not provide you with the opportunity to adjudicate the tickets, as the adjudication process ends once a ticket is paid even if it going through the adjudication process. As the legal owner of the vehicle, rental car companies are within their rights to use this process.”

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­I'm surprised business travel wasn't gutted with the popularity in video conferencing about 10+ years ago.

The bandwidth and QOS was not there -  it is now for the most part.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

https://thegate.boardingarea.com/warning-rental-car-companies-may-automatically-pay-violations-little-can/

Warning: Rental Car Companies May Automatically Pay Violations — and There Is Little You Can Do About It

“If you are issued a ticket while driving a rental car, rental car agreements provide that a rental party is responsible for all tickets issued to the rental vehicle during the rental period. DC DMV has discovered that some rental car companies will automatically pay any ticket(s) incurred on vehicles and charge the customer the ticket fine plus administrative fees. They will not provide you with the opportunity to adjudicate the tickets, as the adjudication process ends once a ticket is paid even if it going through the adjudication process. As the legal owner of the vehicle, rental car companies are within their rights to use this process.”

­
Sue the company and the state together, alleging a RICO conspiracy and as a class action.  Big bucks.
\
:jew:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

­They wouldn't do that !

­This is why your read contracts before you sign them.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: 1 year old Infiniti Q50's are being sold for 20K

­
Where?  I'd fucking buy one for 20.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­There are a few boutique hotels in Chicago that lent themselves out to the city for the crisis:  https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/4/17/21225604/coronavirus-pandemic-frontlines-chicago-hotel-workers-dangers

­
They will have to be completely gutted and rebuilt, if not torn down.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I've nothing but excellent cars and service from Enterprise. Hertz has been ok but I find their staff really cold and corporate. Lately they've been pushing some bullshit about prepaying for a tank of gas and returning it empty if I wish. :lol:. Yeah, right.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

I've nothing but excellent cars and service from Enterprise. Hertz has been ok but I find their staff really cold and corporate. Lately they've been pushing some bullshit about prepaying for a tank of gas and returning it empty if I wish. :lol:. Yeah, right.

­Shut up and take the car !
\
:fry:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
They will have to be completely gutted and rebuilt, if not torn down.
\
:spanky:

The virus doesn’t last more than a day on surfaces.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: 1 year old Infiniti Q50's are being sold for 20K

­
Link?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Where?  I'd fucking buy one for 20.

­
Different poster here.  I had the same questions.  I just checked on cars dot cawm and they had a few from 2019 and 2019 in my area for that prices.  And a lot more in the 25K range.  Pretty awesome.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.