Topic: La Campanella by Liszt and Paganini. Are you CRETINS cultured enough to appreciate this?
Posted by REAL ANgry Brit Dot
Unregistered

I didn't create this thread.  But I could easily have done so. I am the first person to bring classical music to the redboards.  I'm glad an imitator has taken up the baton and decided to run with it.  Some good choices (as well as some plagiarised ones from my threads).  :thumbup:

We should have more cultured threads in this otherwise barren SHITHEAP of a site. :
\
:snob:

To that end, I shall put forward this:

Interesting fact: I stood behind James Galway in the checkout queue at Kroger in Birmingham, Michigan, one Sunday night in 1995.  He was buying a bottle of whiskey but didn't know that American credit/debit cards should be placed directly in card readers, instead of being handed to the cashier, as was done in more civilised countries at that time.  I smiled at him, and he smiled back, unsure if I knew who he was.  I did know: the best flautist in the world.
\
:moreyouknow:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: How does one write music for a violin?!

­With a pen and paper :dumbass:

Posted by REAL ANgry Brit Dot
Unregistered

Okay, time to up the ante. As much as it grieves me, the best classical composers were French. 

Behold.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: A little Rach - Prelude in G# minor - so Russian - imagine the theme, leaving a place, and the horses pulling you away and you know it is the last time ....

­So right and so sad that a whole nation is mired in negativity. No wonder they are a nation of alcoholics.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­So right and so sad that a whole nation is mired in negativity. No wonder they are a nation of alcoholics.

Study Russian history, the poor bastards have really been through hell the past 200 years.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Lol funny name Paganini

­It means "small pagan".

:themoreyouknow:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

Both Liszt and Paganini were accused of having sold their souls to the devil to acquire their virtuosity because of incredibly good this piece was.

Posted by .
Unregistered

REAL ANgry Brit Dot said: I didn't create this thread.  But I could easily have done so. I am the first person to bring classical music to the redboards.  I'm glad an imitator has taken up the baton and decided to run with it.  Some good choices (as well as some plagiarised ones from my threads).  :thumbup:

We should have more cultured threads in this otherwise barren SHITHEAP of a site. :
\

Interesting fact: I stood behind James Galway in the checkout queue at Kroger in Birmingham, Michigan, one Sunday night in 1995.  He was buying a bottle of whiskey but didn't know that American credit/debit cards should be placed directly in card readers, instead of being handed to the cashier, as was done in more civilised countries at that time.  I smiled at him, and he smiled back, unsure if I knew who he was.  I did know: the best flautist in the world.
\

Remember back in 1995 when credit cards were placed into the card reader and there would be an original piece of paper with carbon paper in front of another piece of paper in the back? The person making the charge would place the credit card in the holder and swipe it back and forth making an imprint on the paper below the carbon paper.

:thumbup:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: No wonder 18th century people would rather go to war and kill each other than listen to that shit. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA :lol::lmao::rofl:

:classiclol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

Study Russian history, the poor bastards have really been through hell the past 200 years.

­Point well made, my good man.
\

Posted by .
Unregistered

REAL ANgry Brit Dot said: I didn't create this thread.  But I could easily have done so. I am the first person to bring classical music to the redboards.  I'm glad an imitator has taken up the baton and decided to run with it.  Some good choices (as well as some plagiarised ones from my threads).  :thumbup:

\

\

­Very nice! I have seldom heard any flutist even approach the mastery of Jean Pierre Rampal. I believe Galway does here.

:thumbup:

Posted by .
Unregistered

A flatulist?
\
:bean::fart:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­I think this is a nice piece but the repetition of the top note grates at my musical sensibilities.

:mccain:

It might be OK if it were actually played on a piano that was tuned better for that note. On too many pianos those higher notes aren't tuned well and the string on which they are struck doesn't give a dulcet tone to say the least. One could get by with one or two of these notes in a piece but to feature this note multiple times in a row really detracts from this piece.
\

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: A flatulist?
\
:bean::fart:

­Yes, that is one who plays by sticking a flute up his ass and blowing.

:lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

\

\

You were not the first for certain.  

There was a super expert who know all the great stuff I knew.  

It was a sock moniker of a very famous poaster.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
You were not the first for certain.  

There was a super expert who know all the great stuff I knew.  

It was a sock moniker of a very famous poaster.

­Possibly.  But before my time.  Since I've been frequenting the red boards I was the first to inject ANY sort of culture here.  Prior to that it was wall to wall "bagger this" and "fagger that", with the occasional "zepp and floyd" tedium.

I gave this board Janine Jensen, Hilary Hahn, Ralph Vaughn-Williams, Chopin, Mendelssohn, Saint-Saens, Faure, Liszt, Dvorak and many, many others.  Prior to my threads the level of knowledge here was a couple of :cryingnazi: screeching that Beethoven is the best there has ever been :rolleyes:

I can see that you yourself are a fellow patron of the arts, so I think only fitting that we do the gentlemanly thing and do not contest each other, but ridicule the Great Unwashed on this board.  I'll start: I would post this, but I doubt this crowd know their brass from their oboe!
\

Posted by .
Unregistered

Fread needs a little Beethoven

https://youtu.be/Ea8oX-A8swk

https://youtu.be/ETjfAIHpJjY

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Fread needs a little Beethoven

Posted by .
Unregistered

One of mine:

Watch as the :rascal: and :whitetrash: and :antwon: look on in bafflement.
\

Posted by .
Unregistered

Rachmaninov Vespers - Ave Maria

Posted by .
Unregistered

And another - some very very old chant in this one

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Fread needs a little Beethoven

https://youtu.be/Ea8oX-A8swk

Nobody beats the ol' Beet :rockon:

Posted by .
Unregistered

If AmeriTARDS had any style then THIS would be your second national anthem, and the piece that is played as every new President is sworn in (not that reworded British National Anthem DRIVEL, "My Country Tis of Thee" :win:)

Posted by .
Unregistered

Lalalalalalalalalalalala :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Another one by Liszt:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.