Topic: Cancelled one of my credit cards today
Posted by .
Unregistered

Am. ex.  Pay it off completely every month. Never a complaint, nothing. Logged on to the billing website to receive confirmation of this month's paid balance and what's on the front page? A gig family complete with a bright yellow SUV and two giglets in tow. Called up the main account help number and cancelled. They asked why? Simply said, "because I don't have an amex card to be bothered with subhumans". Operator was probably a subhuman as well.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Amex is actually a great card. They back up warranties for an entire year and I get cash back from them. I pay it off every month. I have no issues with them whatsoever.

Posted by .
Unregistered

^entire additional year

Posted by .
Unregistered

Oh, and I have their credit card which has no fee. When I call in they lick my ass to no end.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Oh, and I have their credit card which has no fee. When I call in they lick my ass to no end.

­

OP here. I'd rather have a shell gas card than deal with subhumans. I've worked hard and earned my right not to deal with nogs... I will not pay my month's payoff balance in order for them to fund their liberal nog website.

Amex is going the way of Amazon and will be as reliable as Suze Orman in approx. 5 years

Posted by .
Unregistered

What's a gig and a giglet?
Sorry, not keeping up with current events

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: What's a gig and a giglet?

the retard troll OP can't spell 'jig'.

Posted by ecoli

. said:
the retard troll OP can't spell 'jig'.

­

hold on... first of all, I can spell jigaboo... can you spell nog? A variation of nig, hence variation of jig is gig... please get with the pgm.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Amex is actually a great card. They back up warranties for an entire year and I get cash back from them. I pay it off every month. I have no issues with them whatsoever.

­
I hate them as a business owner but they are the best as a consumer. I wish Costco wasn't switching.

Posted by .
Unregistered

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD HOW WILL YOU PAY FOR YOUR STARBUCKS PRODUCTS?

Posted by ecoli

. said: IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD HOW WILL YOU PAY FOR YOUR STARBUCKS PRODUCTS?

First, mostly all major purchasing websites have credit cards, at low rates

Posted by .
Unregistered

ecoli said:
. said: IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD HOW WILL YOU PAY FOR YOUR STARBUCKS PRODUCTS?

First, mostly all major purchasing websites have credit cards, at low rates

­
I CANNOT PURCHSE THE HOT FRESH LATTES AND SPARKILING CONVERSATION AVAILABLE AT MY LOCAL STARBUCKS VIA A MAJOR PURCHASING WEBSITE

Posted by ecoli

. said:
­
I CANNOT PURCHSE THE HOT FRESH LATTES AND SPARKILING CONVERSATION AVAILABLE AT MY LOCAL STARBUCKS VIA A MAJOR PURCHASING WEBSITE

­

Doesn't matter, be like the other sheep and use your shell gas card. Live the American dream and get further and further into debt

Posted by .
Unregistered

ecoli said:
. said:
­

­

Doesn't matter, be like the other sheep and use your shell gas card. Live the American dream and get further and further into debt

­
I DON'T NEED TO BUY SHEEP I NEED TO BUY HOT FRESH LATTES IN A COMFORTABLE COMMUNITY SETTING

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
I hate them as a business owner but they are the best as a consumer. I wish Costco wasn't switching.

They charge high rates to merchants but they covered a $1000 broken monitor for me once after the warranty. And they were extremely nice about it too, I was the best customer experience I ever had. They absolutely didn't have to do that, I don't even pay a fee for the card. I was also missing some paperwork too for it, and they tracked everything down. Meanwhile I tell everyone that story, and it is worth more than tons of advertising. They aren't stupid. Very few people take advantage of the benefits (they probably put away a few pennies from each purchase that would be taxed anyway).

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: What's a gig and a giglet?

:shatner: You must have the IQ of a clam not to know that.

Posted by ecoli

. said:
­
I DON'T NEED TO BUY SHEEP I NEED TO BUY HOT FRESH LATTES IN A COMFORTABLE COMMUNITY SETTING

­

You don't need Amex... use cash like the other sandal-wearing folk

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
They charge high rates to merchants but they covered a $1000 broken monitor for me once after the warranty. And they were extremely nice about it too, I was the best customer experience I ever had. They absolutely didn't have to do that, I don't even pay a fee for the card. I was also missing some paperwork too for it, and they tracked everything down. Meanwhile I tell everyone that story, and it is worth more than tons of advertising. They aren't stupid. Very few people take advantage of the benefits (they probably put away a few pennies from each purchase that would be taxed anyway).

Nice. I wonder if they went through the vendor on that, probably not. Yeah I pay about .5% higher to them but the transactions are above $16 higher so Its acceptable. Paid them $8k in fees last year.

Posted by ecoli

. said:
Nice. I wonder if they went through the vendor on that, probably not. Yeah I pay about .5% higher to them but the transactions are above $16 higher so Its acceptable. Paid them $8k in fees last year.

­

not bad

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

No they insure stuff thru Amex Assurance company. It has nothing to do with the merchant or manufacturer.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Visa is accepted at more places than Amex.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Visa is accepted at more places than Amex.

­

Visa and MC are the biggest highway robberies of the 20th century

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Visa and MC are the biggest highway robberies of the 20th century

­
Bullshit.  You can pay cash if you want.  I'll use Visa/MC, and take the 1.5%-2% cashback.

And merchants can choose to not accept Visa/MC.  Plenty of restaurants are cash only.

Posted by death2me
Please, just wear a mask.

. said:
­
Bullshit.  You can pay cash if you want.  I'll use Visa/MC, and take the 1.5%-2% cashback.

And merchants can choose to not accept Visa/MC.  Plenty of restaurants are cash only.

­They're a drag on the entire retail economy.

Merchant fees ought to be regulated federally.

But until then in a perverse way it's best for you to use them as much as possible (paying off before the grace period.)

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said:
­They're a drag on the entire retail economy.

Merchant fees ought to be regulated federally.

­
What a load of shit.  If you don't like it, then don't use it.  It's that simple.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.