Topic: Republicans look ignorant when they deny climate change
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Nope.  The money from offsets goes to pay for investment in renewable energy and efficiency.  No one has to do with less, unless you mean less hazardous waste and pollution.

­
Hey Al Gore: If spewing carbon into the air is bad, then stop spewing so much carbon into the air.

It would be like someone saying that secondhand smoke is bad, and yet they smoke in restaurants, and they justify it by saying they'll pay some offset tax, to prevent other people from smoking in restaurants.  Well, if secondhand smoke is so bad, they should just stop smoking in restaurants, period.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
You're only embarassing yourself.  I'll ask again: please back up your claim Gore wants people to give up all their furniture and possessions.

­
Hey Al Gore: If spewing carbon into the air is bad, then stop spewing so much carbon into the air.

It would be like someone saying that secondhand smoke is bad, and yet they smoke in restaurants, and they justify it by saying they'll pay some offset tax, to prevent other people from smoking in restaurants.  Well, if secondhand smoke is so bad, they should just stop smoking in restaurants, period.

:mittens:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Oh, and carbon offsets cost money.  That money pays to PREVENT carbon from entering the atmosphere.  If you pay for carbon offsets equaling your consumption, you're taking out as much carbon as you're generating. 

­
So a rich guy like Al Gore can consume more, spew more carbon into the air, pay some offset tax, which encourages poor people to consume less.

Here's a simpler way for Al Gore to spew less carbon into the air: get rid of all his mega-mantions, furniture, possessions, cars, and live in a small apartment, no car, no private jet trips.

And he can still fund all the wind farms he wants.  Nobody is stopping him.

But if spewing carbon into the air is bad, THEN STOP SPEWING SO MUCH CARBON INTO THE AIR.

:lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Yes, let me opt out of social security & medicare.  And slash military spending.  End US military imperialism, close our overseas military bases, and end all foreign aid, especially to Israel.

­
Great!  We need more people like you, willing to pay into SS and Medicare but refusing to collect the payouts.  If every Republican did this, the deficit would vanish tomorrow!

But that's probably not what you meant.  :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
­
Yes, let me opt out of social security & medicare.  And slash military spending.  End US military imperialism, close our overseas military bases, and end all foreign aid, especially to Israel.

­
Great!  We need more people like you, willing to pay into SS and Medicare but refusing to collect the payouts.  If every Republican did this, the deficit would vanish tomorrow!

­
Wrong.  I meant what I said. 

Yes, let me opt out of social security & medicare. 

What I've paid in, the US government can keep.  But going forward, I won't pay anymore in, and won't take anything out.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
. said:
­

­

­

What I've paid in, the US government can keep.  But going forward, I won't pay anymore in, and won't take anything out.

­
So you're NOT willing to pay into SS and Medicare, the two biggest drivers of the deficit.  You don't support cutting government spending when it requires any cuts in spending on YOU.  In that case you want tax cuts, for you personally, that'll drive up the deficit again.

That's what I thought.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
. said:
­

­

­
So you're NOT willing to pay into SS and Medicare, the two biggest drivers of the deficit.  You don't support cutting government spending when it requires any cuts in spending on YOU.  In that case you want tax cuts, for you personally, that'll drive up the deficit again.

That's what I thought.

­
WRONG. If you let me opt out of social security & medicare, that reduces taxes AND government spending.

Better yet, completely eliminate social security & medicare.  And slash welfare spending.  And slash military spending.  And eliminate government backing of student loans.  And eliminate fannie mae & freddie mac.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
WRONG. If you let me opt out of social security & medicare, that reduces taxes AND government spending.

Better yet, completely eliminate social security & medicare.  And slash welfare spending.  And slash military spending.  And eliminate government backing of student loans.  And eliminate fannie mae & freddie mac.

­
Ohhh.. so you DON'T want to reduce deficits.  America spending itself into bankruptcy is OK with you, as long as you PERSONALLY get a tax cut!

Thanks for clearing that up, America-hater.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Ohhh.. so you DON'T want to reduce deficits.  America spending itself into bankruptcy is OK with you, as long as you PERSONALLY get a tax cut!

Thanks for clearing that up, America-hater.

­
WRONG.  SLASH GOVERNMENT SPENDING TO THE BONE, WHICH WOULD ELIMINATE BUDGET DEFICITS.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Theft = Bad

Taxes = Theft

Taxes = Bad

Good thing that Republicans now control a record majority in Congress, since virtually all Republican members of Congress have taken a pledge to oppose ALL tax increases.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.