Topic: Republicans look ignorant when they deny climate change
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
That's why we should listen to arguments from all sides.

How do you argue science? :shrug:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
 . said:
­
That's why we should listen to arguments from all sides.

How do you argue science? :shrug:

How do you not? That's what science is, continuous argument. It's not a democracy or a dictatorship.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
The 97% number comes from climate scientists, who have an economic incentive to promote the global warming scam.

Just the same, 100% of realtors think it's a good time to buy a home.

People with economic incentives will always give biased advice.

­
There's FAR more incentive to produce bogus papers denying global warming.  Exxon, American Petroleum Institute and the Koch brothers are paying top dollar.  An honest climate researcher is desperate for funds, while Wei-Hock Soon earned over a million bucks skilling pro-oil bullshit.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
The climate scientists say that with the global warming (scam), you have to give them a 50+ year window before firing them.

After all, there has been no global warming in the past 17 years.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/peterferrara/files/2014/02/peter.png

Of course, after a 50 year window, the climate scientists will have all made tons of money, laughing their way to the bank, and retiring in luxury.

­
Last year was the hottest on earth since record-keeping began in 1880, scientists reported on Friday, underscoring warnings about the risks of runaway greenhouse gas emissions and undermining claims by climate change contrarians that global warming had somehow stopped.

Extreme heat blanketed Alaska and much of the western United States last year. Records were set across large areas of every inhabited continent. And the ocean surface was unusually warm virtually everywhere except near Antarctica, the scientists said, providing the energy that fueled damaging Pacific storms.

In the annals of climatology, 2014 surpassed 2010 as the warmest year. The 10 warmest years have all occurred since 1997, a reflection of the relentless planetary warming that scientists say is a consequence of human activity and poses profound long-term risks to civilization and nature.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/17/science/earth/2014-was-hottest-year-on-record-surpassing-2010.html?_r=0

:moran:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
­
The 97% number comes from climate scientists, who have an economic incentive to promote the global warming scam.

Just the same, 100% of realtors think it's a good time to buy a home.

People with economic incentives will always give biased advice.

­
There's FAR more incentive to produce bogus papers denying global warming.  Exxon, American Petroleum Institute and the Koch brothers are paying top dollar.  An honest climate researcher is desperate for funds, while Wei-Hock Soon earned over a million bucks skilling pro-oil bullshit.

­
So I want to hear both sides of the argument.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Even if global warming is real and even if it is man made it does not follow that we need to do whatever :gore: and the mad :lib:s propose.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
So I want to hear both sides of the argument.

­
You have.  Thousands of independent researchers overwhelmingly say fossil fuels are causing climate change.  One or two fossil fuel-funded shills say they're not.  

Since you're fair-minded and objective, you have to accept the scientific consensus, especially when the only ones objecting to it are secretly funded by Exxon and the Koch brothers.

Posted by .
Unregistered

So why does Al Gore have multiple mega-mantions, and fly around on private jets?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: So why does Al Gore have multiple mega-mantions, and fly around on private jets?

­
:crickets:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: So why does Al Gore have multiple mega-mantions, and fly around on private jets?

­
He's rich as fuck. He had .5% more popular vote than Bush, if all was right you wouldn't have Obama as your daddy.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­
He's rich as fuck.

­
Hasn't rich boi Al Gore heard about global warming?  :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

­
He paid for the most energy-efficient retrofits in the country, using 100% renewable electricity, and pays for carbon offsets for all fossil fuel usage.  Too bad Republicans don't practice what they preach like Gore does.  They howl about government spending, but suck up more welfare, federal transfer payments and farm subsidies than anyone else.

The guy made the case years ago that reducing fossil fuel usage would boost the economy and national security.  Now average car MPG is the highest in history, domestic power consumption is more efficient than ever, LEDs are saving billions in wasted energy, and solar is already cheaper than fossil fuel electricity in most states.  Oil prices have plummeted causing the Middle East and Russia to crater economically, while the American economy is surging at the strongest rate since the last century.  Sorry that bugs ya, America-hater.  :wave:

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

. said:
. said: you GW tards should leave some room for doubt so you can back out of your position when GW is shown to be a total fraud.

­
There is always a chance, but i'll go with the 97% of scientists. Dirty energy will leave you hanging just like big tobacco did.

­
SCIENTISSES DON'T KNOW NOTHIN. NEVER DID LIKE TEACHER NOHOW
\
:cletus:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
He paid for the most energy-efficient retrofits in the country, using 100% renewable electricity, and pays for carbon offsets for all fossil fuel usage.

So rich boi Al Gore can blast tons of carbon into the air, while telling the rest of us to make do with less? Hasn't Al Gore heard about global warming? :lol:

Let me know when Al Gore sells all his mega-mantions, furniture, possessions, and is living in a tiny apartment, no car, no private jet flights.

Until then, FUCK OFF.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
There is always a chance, but i'll go with the 97% of scientists. Dirty energy will leave you hanging just like big tobacco did.

­
I'll always side with large corporations.  After all, I own them all through my stock index funds, and they have made me a multimillionaire.

And I'll always oppose higher taxes.  Taxes make me poorer.  Taxes = BAD.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

So rich boi Al Gore can blast tons of carbon into the air, while telling the rest of us to make do with less? Hasn't Al Gore heard about global warming? :lol:

Let me know when Al Gore sells all his mega-mantions, furniture, possessions, and is living in a tiny apartment, no car, no private jet flights.

Until then, FUCK OFF.

Um, you're not very bright.  Buying carbon offsets means any carbon you generate, is OFFSET by preventing carbon emissions elsewhere.  That's why they call them offsets.  They cost money.  Gore's paying it out of pocket, along with expensive solar, wind and geothermal retrofits on his property to use 100% renewable energy.

Oh, and please show me where he demands anyone give up their home, furniture and possessions.  We'll wait.

By trying to smear the guy as not practicing what he preaches, you're not just factually wrong - you're also a hypocrite.  As a basement-dwelling hateful right-wing moron, surely you parrot your masters' propaganda about cutting government spending.  So what spending have YOU committed to giving up?  Are you pledging to not collect your Social Security and Medicare?  Are you demanding massive cuts to the military?  An end to DOT transfer payments that pay for your roads and bridges?  Cuts to border enforcement and ICE?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Um, you're not very bright.  Buying carbon offsets means any carbon you generate, is OFFSET by preventing carbon emissions elsewhere.  That's why they call them offsets.  They cost money.

­
Creating each piece of furniture in Al Gore's mega-mantions caused carbon to spewed into the air.

So please provide a link that shows how Al Gore paid extra money to prevent other people from buying furniture, so that Al Gore could have 10 times the furniture that he actually needs.

I'm sure poorer people who really need furniture would just love that.

:lol:

Hey Al Gore: If spewing carbon into the air is bad, then stop spewing so much carbon into the air.

It would be like someone saying that secondhand smoke is bad, and yet they smoke in restaurants, and they justify it by saying they'll pay some offset tax, to prevent other people from smoking in restaurants.  Well, if secondhand smoke is so bad, they should just stop smoking in restaurants, period.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/feb/21/climate-change-denier-willie-soon-funded-energy-industry

And yet, his papers passed the peer review process.  You think scientists funded by Greenpeace are impartial and unbiased?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
So what spending have YOU committed to giving up?  Are you pledging to not collect your Social Security and Medicare?  Are you demanding massive cuts to the military? 

­
Yes, let me opt out of social security & medicare.  And slash military spending.  End US military imperialism, close our overseas military bases, and end all foreign aid, especially to Israel.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Oh, and please show me where he demands anyone give up their home, furniture and possessions.  We'll wait.

­
What the fuck do you think carbon OFFSETS are about?  If Al Gore can have multiple mega-mantions, tons of furniture, possessions, and he pays carbon OFFSETS, that means that other people have to make do with LESS.  Otherwise, carbon offsets would be WORTHLESS, since carbon emissions wouldn't be reduced.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Al Gore helped make China what it is when he ripped down the trade barriers in China. Therefore he is the biggest polluter in the history of the world.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Show me the raw data and I'll map it and decide.

I don't want the "adjusted dataset".

:banana:  You do realize that all those glaciers have old petrified trees and shit underneath them?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
And yet, his papers passed the peer review process.  You think scientists funded by Greenpeace are impartial and unbiased?

­
The journal review process requires disclosing all financial conflicts of interest.  Soon violated those rules and kept his funding secret.  His papers didn't pass, he lied his ass off to get them published.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Creating each piece of furniture in Al Gore's mega-mantions caused carbon to spewed into the air.

So please provide a link that shows how Al Gore paid extra money to prevent other people from buying furniture, so that Al Gore could have 10 times the furniture that he actually needs.

I'm sure poorer people who really need furniture would just love that.

:lol:

Hey Al Gore: If spewing carbon into the air is bad, then stop spewing so much carbon into the air.

It would be like someone saying that secondhand smoke is bad, and yet they smoke in restaurants, and they justify it by saying they'll pay some offset tax, to prevent other people from smoking in restaurants.  Well, if secondhand smoke is so bad, they should just stop smoking in restaurants, period.

­
You're only embarassing yourself.  I'll ask again: please back up your claim Gore wants people to give up all their furniture and possessions.  

Until then, your argument falls to pieces and you're just a ranting assclown.

Oh, still no link?  That's OK, you must need extra time.  We'll wait.

Oh, and carbon offsets cost money.  That money pays to PREVENT carbon from entering the atmosphere.  If you pay for carbon offsets equaling your consumption, you're taking out as much carbon as you're generating.  

As far as your smoking argument, Republicans are constantly ranting government spending is bad.  So you're obligated, right now, to stop enjoying all government spending.  Stop using the roads, pledge in writing never to collect SS or Medicare, stop eating all grain and vegetables.  Government spends money regulate phones, TV and utilities like electricity, so you gotta stop using all that too.  

The internet too, sorry.  Gotta stop using that, right now.  So you won't be able to reply.  Or if you do, you're admitting your massive hypocrisy right off the bat.  But no one expected anything else from you.  :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
What the fuck do you think carbon OFFSETS are about?  If Al Gore can have multiple mega-mantions, tons of furniture, possessions, and he pays carbon OFFSETS, that means that other people have to make do with LESS.  Otherwise, carbon offsets would be WORTHLESS, since carbon emissions wouldn't be reduced.

­
Nope.  The money from offsets goes to pay for investment in renewable energy and efficiency.  No one has to do with less, unless you mean less hazardous waste and pollution.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.