Topic: Rutrow, Scott Walker doesn't have a college degree.
Posted by Mascara
Reverb Queen

Here he is in all his glory as a young Republican student leader at Marquette, where he used to wear a suit and tie to go to classes...

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/article/2013/dec/18/scott-walker-early-years/

Posted by .
Unregistered

Politifact!
\
:indeed:

Posted by .
Unregistered

This was in the news a week ago - beaten to death; even lib progs dropped the issue (Seeing as how he dropped out in his Senior year to take a great job)

Posted by Mascara
Reverb Queen

. said: This was in the news a week ago - beaten to death; even lib progs dropped the issue (Seeing as how he dropped out in his Senior year to take a great job)

­
Read it again a little more carefully.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Any prez other than Lincoln without a degree?

Posted by .
Unregistered

1. The idea that smart/able = college graduate reeks of elitism. Lots -- and LOTS -- of very successful people have never graduated from college. (There is a Web site called the College Dropouts Hall of Fame.)  And, no one likes the guy (or gal) who asks what you got on your SAT scores or what college you went to when you meet them. Elitism is rarely an appealing trait in a political party. Democrats would do well to remember that.

2. A majority of people in this country don't have college degrees.According to Census numbers from 2009-2013, less than three in 10 Americans (28.8 percent) over the age of 25 have a bachelor's degree or higher. That means that there are tons of people who have a similar educational background to Walker, people who almost certainly don't (or wouldn't) appreciate a dismissal of their intelligence because of their lack of a college degree. Remember, too, that there's a growing belief in conservative circles that higher education has become a liberal's paradise -- so not having a college degree may well help Walker with that crowd.  "He'll lay to rest the absurd belief that you're a nobody if you don't have a college degree," wrote conservative Glenn Reynolds of Walker in a USA Today op-ed. "And he might even cut into the surprisingly recent takeover of our institutions by an educated mandarin class, something that just might save the country."

Posted by .
Unregistered

I'll take a guy who was a great successful governor with no degree over a community organizer with a law degree from Harvard any day.

Posted by .
Unregistered

There is a well known poster here who has a degree in poly-sci but can only get minimum wage or volunteer positions...

Posted by .
Unregistered

and he's gutting his states public univ system, which is beloved by that entire part of the country. 
And he's doing it for the same reason he busted unions - to dismantle his own opposition. 

Imagine the scandal if a dem gov did this.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: There is a well known poster here who has a degree in poly-sci but can only get minimum wage or volunteer positions...

I have a friend with a poly sci degree who can't get a job, and a friend with a geography degree and a poly minor who got hired instantly to do re-districting, then transitioned into a position with the party.

Posted by Mascara
Reverb Queen

. said: There is a well known poster here who has a degree in poly-sci but can only get minimum wage or volunteer positions...

­
I have a degree in Poli Sci (the correct spelling) and I have more work than I know what to do with. 
I turn down a lot of projects.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: This was in the news a week ago - beaten to death; even lib progs dropped the issue (Seeing as how he dropped out in his Senior year to take a great job)
/
:winner:

­

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaa libs. :rofl:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Mascara said:
­
I have a degree in Poli Sci (the correct spelling) and I have more work than I know what to do with. 

­

You work in a shitty restaurant das but sock...... so fuck off....

Posted by Mascara
Reverb Queen

. said:
Mascara said:
­

­

You work in a shitty restaurant das but sock...... so fuck off....

You think I'm Das?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Mascara said: Here he is in all his glory as a young Republican student leader at Marquette, where he used to wear a suit and tie to go to classes...

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/article/2013/dec/18/scott-walker-early-years/

­
is a college degree a requirement?

Posted by .
Unregistered

did he plagiarize like Biden and MLK?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Mascara said:

­
Read it again a little more carefully.

­yea, I read it -- so what ?

only interesting thing I did not know was that he worked for the American Red Cross at one point

I have 2 degrees - B.S Econ and M.S Finance - I couldn't care less that Walker dropped out

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: and he's gutting his states public univ system, which is beloved by that entire part of the country. 
And he's doing it for the same reason he busted unions - to dismantle his own opposition. 

Obama is flooding the country with illegal aliens in a racist attempt  to dismantle his own opposition.  Imagine the scandal if a republican president did this.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Obama is flooding the country with illegal aliens in a racist attempt  to dismantle his own opposition.  Imagine the scandal if a republican president did this.

­
Reagan :snicker:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: and he's gutting his states public univ system, which is beloved by that entire part of the country. 

walker busted unions and universities because they directly threaten his ability to hold power.

obama being a part of the jew plan to destroy the white race is not analogous - it's nazi nonsense made to look like a relevant rebuttal.

Posted by Mascara
Reverb Queen

. said:
­

­
Yeah, how quickly they forget...

Scott Walker is irrelevant anyway.  The GOP nominee will be Jeb Bush.  He's the only one raising the kind of money needed to run for POTUS.  He won't pick Scott Walker as a running mate. 

I was just poking the :repub: minority with a stick.

Posted by Mascara
Reverb Queen

. said:
. said:

­

Reagan and Bush I both acted unilaterally to "flood the country with illegal aliens" if you call it that.  

Google the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, and the Bush Immigration Plan.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Lazy and hates blue collar workers. No wonder Wisconsin has gone to shit.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I'll take a guy who was a great successful governor with no degree over a community organizer with a law degree from Harvard any day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_career_of_Barack_Obama

Posted by .
Unregistered

:palin:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.