Topic: I still can't understand it. On the 1-yardline, 3 downs left, 1 timeout left. Pass the ball?
Posted by GingerPubes.nli
Unregistered

I wouldn't agree with it but I could kind of understand a pass to the far corner of the endzone where a DB couldn't have a chance of intercepting it. But a slant pass into heavy traffic? And the pass was zipped in there where it could have been tipped and intercepted.

How the fuck did the Seattle coaches think that was a good idea? How do you not use your bruising running back who was breaking tackles all game?

Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

I didn't watch the game but even with my limited football knowledge it doesn't make sense. Maybe if it was the 3rd down and your running plays weren't working.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I just don't get it! :cry:­
\

Posted by .
Unregistered

Panic. Both side coaches choked.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Wh y didn't the go for the free throw?

Posted by death2me
7,058,637 more votes.

:lol: Intercepted at the 1 yard line.

Posted by .
Unregistered

That ball ain't gonna walk itself over the goal post

Posted by .
Unregistered

It was an offensive coach trying to be too cute, going against the conventional wisdom of ramming it down the middle and splitting them in half like they did all game ,he would have been a hero if it succeeded. He was in line for a head coaching job, now he couldn't get the Jackonville Jaguars to return his call.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: It was an offensive coach trying to be too cute, going against the conventional wisdom of ramming it down the middle and splitting them in half like they did all game ,he would have been a hero if it succeeded. He was in line for a head coaching job, now he couldn't get the Jackonville Jaguars to return his call.

gotta follow the script..

Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

. said:

­
Your proxy sucks.

Posted by .
Unregistered

not only that, but wilson's prior 4 or 5 throws were ALL into traffic and begging to be intercepted, even the one that Kearse made the big catch on.

so you have wilson throwing like shit, which any pop warner coach would have noticed.

not only that, but you have lynch cruising over them at will.

so you have lynch running like a beast, which any pop warner coach would have noticed.

then you have pete carroll, who at one point too-clevered himself out of an NCAA title against Texas, fucking it up again in the moment of truth

GO PETE CARROLL!  THE FUN TIMES COACH!  YIPPEEEEEE!
\
:winner:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Katalyst said:
. said:

­
Your proxy sucks.

Pardon?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Fuck the she-hawks.

Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

Posted by .
Unregistered

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/upshot/the-worst-4th-down-decisions-in-super-bowl-history.html?rref=upshot&abt=0002&abg=0

Posted by .
Unregistered

They should have run the 'Statue of Liberty ' play
\
:gramps:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Why didn't the seahags call deflated balls?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Cocky shithawks got exactly what they deserved.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Why didn't the seahags call deflated balls?

Fudgepackers already used that excuse.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Cocky shithawks got exactly what they deserved.

:potd:

Posted by .
Unregistered

GingerPubes.nli said: I wouldn't agree with it but I could kind of understand a pass to the far corner of the endzone where a DB couldn't have a chance of intercepting it. But a slant pass into heavy traffic? And the pass was zipped in there where it could have been tipped and intercepted.

How the fuck did the Seattle coaches think that was a good idea? How do you not use your bruising running back who was breaking tackles all game?

Tell that faggot Leland E Ray to stop banning people.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: It was an offensive coach trying to be too cute, going against the conventional wisdom of ramming it down the middle and splitting them in half like they did all game ,he would have been a hero if it succeeded. He was in line for a head coaching job, now he couldn't get the Jackonville Jaguars to return his call.

­head coach told him 'why don't you just run it'

Posted by .
Unregistered

Read this one:

http://www.vox.com/2015/2/2/7961789/pete-carroll-play-call-defense

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Read this one:

http://www.vox.com/2015/2/2/7961789/pete-carroll-play-call-defense

Clickbait stretching one tweet into an "article".

Here is the tweet:

. said: With 26 sec on 2nd&g, you have to pass at least once to be able to use all 4 downs if necessary. Passing on 2nd keeps NE honest on 3 & 4 dn
— Brian Burke (@Adv_NFL_Stats) February 2, 2015

Posted by .
Unregistered

An incomplete pass stops the game clock. An unsuccessful run does not. A timeout also stops the clock, and Seattle only had one timeout left. So if the Seahawks had run on second down and failed to get a touchdown, they would have had to call timeout.

Now, it's third down, and they have no timeouts left. So if they run on third and fail, the game is over. But if they pass on third and fail, the clock will stop, and they can run another play. So they basically have to pass on third, and the New England defense knows they have to pass.

By contrast, if you throw on second down and fail, the clock stops. Now it's third down, and you still have your time out. That means you could run on third, fail, and use the timeout to stop the clock and run another play on fourth down. That means New England has to defend against both the pass and the run, which puts Seattle in a more advantageous strategic position than they would be had they run and failed.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.