Topic: Are you happy with how your life has turned out?
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Interesting you have it.  Sleep apnea could be a cause, as can be other things.  For me, it is inflammation.  One day I got an allergic reaction to something and the doctor put me on Prednisone, which is a steroidal anti-inflammatory.  My head immediately cleared up and I felt like I was 20 years old again.  Got a lot of things done, read a lot and was really alert.  The brain fog returned when the prescription stopped.  I would be on it forever except the side effects are severe.

As the root cause is obviously inflammation, there are two paths one can look at to remedy the situation.  One is diet and food sensitivities.  This is a tedious process of elimination because it takes a minimum of 3 weeks (usually longer) of not eating a particular food to find out if you are sensitive.  Folks on a month+ Keto diet sometimes experience clarity for this reason.  The other path is an undiagnosed bacterial or viral infection.  I've traveled quite a bit all over the world, so it's conceivable I picked up something.  The difficult part is finding out what it is.  There are some clinics who can perform tests for you, but these are costly and you will be throwing darts in the dark.  If something is found, then you have to find a physician willing to prescribe antibiotics to fix it.  Another wrench is that it could be a parasite.  I have friends who have retired to Central America who take strong anti-parasitic medicines every six to twelve months.  They become more energetic and their brain fog disappears for a year.  They don't know what parasite is causing their condition, but they know that the meds work and the locals swear by them.

Just my 2 cents...

The only thing that solved my chronic stomach problems at least for a short time was anti-biotics. I believe I have a hidden h pylori infection that is too small to show up on the tests. Or maybe some other bacterial infection that is very persistent.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I'm pretty happy with things. At my age, one starts to develop a lot of perspective.

Oddly, I've never had a plan. I wonder if it's worth making one at nearly 50. Seriously, I've just sort of blundered into every good thing I have.

­
Same here! Blundering along, my life has tended to follow an upward trajectory somehow. My life like anyone's is a mix of good and bad; but the good overwhelms the bad. It's a matter of counting one's blessings (having enough blessings to count) and being old enough to appreciate the good things rather than dwell on the bad.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Could be the reason for my issues.  I like drinking moderately but it doesn't have to be beer.  I only drink beer because it's easier than mixing drinks.

CORONA HAS NO GLUTEN.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Same here! Blundering along, my life has tended to follow an upward trajectory somehow. My life like anyone's is a mix of good and bad; but the good overwhelms the bad. It's a matter of counting one's blessings (having enough blessings to count) and being old enough to appreciate the good things rather than dwell on the bad.

THIS...

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
The only thing that solved my chronic stomach problems at least for a short time was anti-biotics. I believe I have a hidden h pylori infection that is too small to show up on the tests. Or maybe some other bacterial infection that is very persistent.

eat lots of cucumber

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
How do you get rid of brain fog?  I feel like I have that.  I think it's low T or some vitamin deficiency.

­

or maybe a lack of omega 3.  Try to eat one can of tuna/mackerel every day.

fishdicks do help.

flax seed oil has nutty taste, you can cook with it.

like with most things, a little works better than a lot.  a little flaxseed oil seems to work, a lot of not so much

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Aspirin and ibuprofen are anti inflammatory.

­
Temporary relief. Use for more than a day or two and your body inflames itself even more.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
 . said:
­
Interesting you have it.  Sleep apnea could be a cause, as can be other things.  For me, it is inflammation.  One day I got an allergic reaction to something and the doctor put me on Prednisone, which is a steroidal anti-inflammatory.  My head immediately cleared up and I felt like I was 20 years old again.  Got a lot of things done, read a lot and was really alert.  The brain fog returned when the prescription stopped.  I would be on it forever except the side effects are severe.

As the root cause is obviously inflammation, there are two paths one can look at to remedy the situation.  One is diet and food sensitivities.  This is a tedious process of elimination because it takes a minimum of 3 weeks (usually longer) of not eating a particular food to find out if you are sensitive.  Folks on a month+ Keto diet sometimes experience clarity for this reason.  The other path is an undiagnosed bacterial or viral infection.  I've traveled quite a bit all over the world, so it's conceivable I picked up something.  The difficult part is finding out what it is.  There are some clinics who can perform tests for you, but these are costly and you will be throwing darts in the dark.  If something is found, then you have to find a physician willing to prescribe antibiotics to fix it.  Another wrench is that it could be a parasite.  I have friends who have retired to Central America who take strong anti-parasitic medicines every six to twelve months.  They become more energetic and their brain fog disappears for a year.  They don't know what parasite is causing their condition, but they know that the meds work and the locals swear by them.

Just my 2 cents...

­
What antibiotics did you take?  There are stories of people getting cured of asthma from high-dosages of antibiotics, and there are peer reviewed medical studies which show some correlation.  There are also some doctors (MD's) who prescribe them for asthma.  I suspect a lot of illnesses, like you stomach problems, can be cured with the right balance of bacteria (and killing off the wrong bacteria with antibiotics).

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
What about beer?  I wonder if my sinus issues are because of beer and I drink a lot of it.

­

no beer.  beer has carbs.  drink whiskey, gin, or vodka.

Posted by .
Unregistered

What do you get a man who has all he wants or desires already?
For my 55th birthday I asked for my loved ones & friends to give a donation to the Salvation Army in their name, not even mine and I would match it.
They raised over $1200 for our local charity, and I matched it.
This made me very happy.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
What antibiotics did you take?  There are stories of people getting cured of asthma from high-dosages of antibiotics, and there are peer reviewed medical studies which show some correlation.  There are also some doctors (MD's) who prescribe them for asthma.  I suspect a lot of illnesses, like you stomach problems, can be cured with the right balance of bacteria (and killing off the wrong bacteria with antibiotics).

$3 bottle of Kefir, cant go wrong, it tastes great

Posted by .
Unregistered

I once read an interview with Mark “The Bird” Fidrych  who was a pitcher for the Boston Red Sox, but before pitchers got millions in salary.  He said that he had a nice family, a dog, and a truck and was very happy.  I kind of look at at like that.  I have grown kids who are successful, a non nagging wife, a dog and a truck.  It could be a lot worse, and it almost was. 

Oh yeah, Mr. Fidrych's truck?  It killed him.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Make about $3500 a day, in retirement!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
­

$3 bottle of Kefir, cant go wrong, it tastes great

­
Thanks mate!

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.