Topic: Reminder: DC is a much safer system than AC.
Posted by .
Unregistered


Edison was right. AC is much too dangerous.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Oh really?


Posted by .
Unregistered


I like air conditioner


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Oh really?

Absolutely. Do you enjoy having death hanging over your head everywhere you go?



Posted by .
Unregistered


I have worked on powerlines before they don't bother me.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Overhead lines with DC at the same voltages as we use for overhead AC lines (i.e. several KV up to several hundred KV) will kill people just as dead and DC gives no advantages that could allow lowering the voltages so I don't see what your point is.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Overhead lines with DC at the same voltages as we use for overhead AC lines (i.e. several KV up to several hundred KV) will kill people just as dead and DC gives no advantages that could allow lowering the voltages so I don't see what your point is.

Why would you run DC at high voltage if you only need low voltage to run everything?

Most electronics already run on low voltage DC. Look at how many power bricks you've got around the house.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
Why would you run DC at high voltage if you only need low voltage to run everything?

Most electronics already run on low voltage DC. Look at how many power bricks you've got around the house.

­
Are you trolling or are you really this stupid? 

Transmission power losses due to resistance are proportional to amperage (current), not voltage.  That is why transmission lines need to be high voltage.  It doesn't matter if they are DC or AC.  This is why long distance lines are like 500,000 volts.  If the line was 5 volts, the losses would be 100,000 times are great as they are at 500,000 volts.  Even at these high voltages the lines heat up and sag measurably on high current draw days.  I doubt they could withstand having the voltages halved, much less reduced by 100,000 times.


Posted by .
Unregistered


And let me also point out that 5V AC is perfectly as safe as 5V DC.  It's the voltage, not the AC vs. DC issue.  AC and DC are both safe at low voltage, both very lethal above a few hundred volts, both explosively lethal above a few thousand volts, and there is some question as to which might be more lethal around household voltages, but it's really hard to say.  I have touched 120V RMS AC several times and it isn't really as big of a deal as most people make it unless you are standing in a puddle, though you should probably avoid doing it on purpose.  :lol:


Posted by .
Unregistered


You should grab ground with one hand and mains with the other, then come back and tell us how big a deal it is.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Edison's dream was that every home or community would have their own generator unit. But globalists had other plans.


Posted by .
Unregistered


What about those who swing both ways? You know, ac-dc.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Bon Scott would say NO.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: What about those who swing both ways? You know, ac-dc.

:faggot:


Posted by .
Unregistered


Edison was an asshole.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Tesla wins the ac dc war!


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Tesla wins the ac dc war!

­Realistically, Westinghouse won it.  He was the money man who made the investment.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Edison's dream was that every home or community would have their own generator unit. But globalists had other plans.

­Electricity is the lifeblood of the world. Controlling it is the ultimate power.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Atlantic City is a high-crime ghetto everywhere (the other day an off-duty cop was robbed at gunpoint right on the boardwalk)

Washington, DC, has a few neighborhoods that a relatively safer (eg Connecticut Ave, Dupont Circle...) but is mostly ghetto too


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Atlantic City is a high-crime ghetto everywhere (the other day an off-duty cop was robbed at gunpoint right on the boardwalk)

Washington, DC, has a few neighborhoods that a relatively safer (eg Connecticut Ave, Dupont Circle...) but is mostly ghetto too

:shatner: What the fuck does this have to do with AC/ DC power?


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
 . said: Atlantic City is a high-crime ghetto everywhere (the other day an off-duty cop was robbed at gunpoint right on the boardwalk)

Washington, DC, has a few neighborhoods that a relatively safer (eg Connecticut Ave, Dupont Circle...) but is mostly ghetto too

:shatner: What the fuck does this have to do with AC/ DC power?

Everything. AC is worse than Detroit.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
 . said: Atlantic City is a high-crime ghetto everywhere (the other day an off-duty cop was robbed at gunpoint right on the boardwalk)

Washington, DC, has a few neighborhoods that a relatively safer (eg Connecticut Ave, Dupont Circle...) but is mostly ghetto too

:shatner: What the fuck does this have to do with AC/ DC power?

Everything. AC is worse than Detroit.


          Let alone DC


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
Why would you run DC at high voltage if you only need low voltage to run everything?

Most electronics already run on low voltage DC. Look at how many power bricks you've got around the house.

­cuz you gotta run enough power to power a whole block one one line so you need the high voltage for AC and same voltage with DC would create massive power loss and also heat up the lines more


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
. said:
:shatner: What the fuck does this have to do with AC/ DC power?

Everything. AC is worse than Detroit.


          Let alone DC

DC's got Obama, for fucks sake.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Not this stupid troll again. :frown:



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close