Topic: Why would anybody want to live in an area with a poor climate? Is it really worth it?
Posted by .
Unregistered


Ok on the CCW in Cali?


Posted by death2me
7,058,637 more votes.


madelf. said: I'd go to Cali but 1) it seems too costly and 2) don't dig earthquakes and wildfires. The mid Atlantic, here, doesn't have much in the way of extreme weather or natural disasters... although the winters are gray, wet and cold.

­Why live in a shitty climate when you don't have to?


Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_
Moderator


. said: So, CCW is legal now in California, correct?

­
No. Stay the fuck out, gunnut.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
Earthquakes and wildfires aren't a big deal, they affect a small portion of residents. 

On the flip side, cold inclimate weather affects everyone.

Yeah, the cold affects everyone but we get used to it.  If you dress for the cold and are ready for it it is not that big a deal. By the way, I am talking about New England cold, 20's and 30's.  I have no idea how the people in the mid west live with zero and below.  That is just nuts.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Original_Lonley_Guy_ said: Some people are very self centered and small minded and will live ANYWHERE where they are guaranteed people are like they are and will not force them to think or to modify bad habits.

Texas is a great example of this. It is just an awful, horrible place. But many people who live there have a lot in common with their neighbors -  they are awful horrible people.

San Francisco is another great example.


Posted by death2me
7,058,637 more votes.


. said:
Yeah, the cold affects everyone but we get used to it.  If you dress for the cold and are ready for it it is not that big a deal. By the way, I am talking about New England cold, 20's and 30's.  I have no idea how the people in the mid west live with zero and below.  That is just nuts.

­Can't go outside for half the year.

What crap!

:thumbdown:


Posted by death2me
7,058,637 more votes.


. said:
 Original_Lonley_Guy_ said: Some people are very self centered and small minded and will live ANYWHERE where they are guaranteed people are like they are and will not force them to think or to modify bad habits.

Texas is a great example of this. It is just an awful, horrible place. But many people who live there have a lot in common with their neighbors -  they are awful horrible people.

San Francisco is another great example.

­-9/10


Posted by .
Unregistered


death2me said:
. said:
 Original_Lonley_Guy_ said: Some people are very self centered and small minded and will live ANYWHERE where they are guaranteed people are like they are and will not force them to think or to modify bad habits.

Texas is a great example of this. It is just an awful, horrible place. But many people who live there have a lot in common with their neighbors -  they are awful horrible people.

San Francisco is another great example.

­-9/10

You think everyone in San Fran doesn't think the same about everything? It's an echo chamber. You don't notice because you think the same as they do. 

Wow, everyone here is so smart they agree with me on everything!
\
:stewart:


Posted by death2me
7,058,637 more votes.


. said:
You think everyone in San Fran doesn't think the same about everything? It's an echo chamber. You don't notice because you think the same as they do. 

Wow, everyone here is so smart they agree with me on everything!
\
:stewart:

­Reality has a progressive bias. :sadwave:


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Or the best of everything in California.

­
except water.


Posted by .
Unregistered


death2me said:
­Reality has a progressive bias. :sadwave:

Hey, I have that bumper sticker too!
\
:stewart:


Posted by .
Unregistered


82 here today :digtbk:


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Filthadelphia

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/01/11/travel/52-places-to-go-in-2015.html?_r=0
­
check out #3­ ..- in the world


Posted by .
Unregistered


I was born on a storm-swept rock and hate the soft growth of sun-baked lands where there is no frost in men’s bones.

Liam O'Flaherty


Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_
Moderator


. said:
check out #3­ ..- in the world

­
That article has lost credibility to me.

They include Singapore which is nothing but a shitty ass shopping mall run by a police state.


Posted by .
Unregistered


I'm enjoying this winter. Got new snow tires, new boots and a snow blower. I take the puppy on a hike in the woods every day. The trees break the wind so I'm always comfy.­ If the sun is out, it's pretty watching  rainbow sparkles in the snow.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Original_Lonley_Guy_ said:
. said: So, CCW is legal now in California, correct?

­
No. Stay the fuck out, gunnut.

Hey OLG.  Read, learn, leave:  http://travel.cnn.com/how-travel-north-korea-042681


Posted by .
Unregistered


He'll never swim again.


Posted by .
Unregistered


it also has shitty highways since the state can't afford the upkeep


Posted by .
Unregistered


The official language of California is now Spanish.


Posted by .
Unregistered


death2me said:
. said: Or the best of everything in California.

­:potd:

That's true, but these envious shitheels have something against California.

California is an insipidly ugly state with earthquakes, Santa Anna Winds, brushfires, mudslides, high cost of living, and low quality of life due to all the muds.

Perfect for Jews.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Go to Iceland, the Shetland Islands, Falkland Islands, or Norway... Everyone gets along, shitty weather.

­
This, I'd add Northern Finland (above the Arctic Circle) to that list.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
 . said: Go to Iceland, the Shetland Islands, Falkland Islands, or Norway... Everyone gets along, shitty weather.

­
This, I'd add Northern Finland (above the Arctic Circle) to that list.

­Who wants to live among Asians?


Posted by death2me
7,058,637 more votes.


. said: I'm enjoying this winter. Got new snow tires, new boots and a snow blower. I take the puppy on a hike in the woods every day. The trees break the wind so I'm always comfy.­ If the sun is out, it's pretty watching  rainbow sparkles in the snow.

Pure shite. :thumbdown:

You would enjoy it more in a temperate climate.


Posted by .
Unregistered


death2me said:
Pure shite. :thumbdown:

You would enjoy it more in a temperate climate.

Good work on that freestyle in the FREESTYLE BATTLE fred. :thumbup:



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close