Topic: Why would anybody want to live in an area with a poor climate? Is it really worth it?
Posted by death2me
7,058,637 more votes.

Especially somewhere like Ohio. :wtf: are you thinking? You could have a shitty life but better climate and lower taxes in Nevada or Arizona.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Or the best of everything in California.

Posted by death2me
7,058,637 more votes.

. said: Or the best of everything in California.

­:potd:

That's true, but these envious shitheels have something against California.

Posted by .
Unregistered

There is no such thing as a bad climate. Only bad clothing.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Not low taxes.

Posted by .
Unregistered

?

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

Some people are very self centered and small minded and will live ANYWHERE where they are guaranteed people are like they are and will not force them to think or to modify bad habits.

Texas is a great example of this. It is just an awful, horrible place. But many people who live there have a lot in common with their neighbors - they are awful horrible people.

Posted by madelf.
Unregistered

I'd go to Cali but 1) it seems too costly and 2) don't dig earthquakes and wildfires. The mid Atlantic, here, doesn't have much in the way of extreme weather or natural disasters... although the winters are gray, wet and cold.

Posted by .
Unregistered

madelf. said: I'd go to Cali but 1) it seems too costly and 2) don't dig earthquakes and wildfires. The mid Atlantic, here, doesn't have much in the way of extreme weather or natural disasters... although the winters are gray, wet and cold.

madelf is a 34 yo happily married female health nut who started using FC around 94.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Go to Iceland, the Shetland Islands, Falkland Islands, or Norway... Everyone gets along, shitty weather.

Posted by .
Unregistered

uh huh

Posted by .
Unregistered

What do you mean by saying that Tejas is an awful horrible place with awful horrible people?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Do you have live oaks and Spanish moss in Cali?  If no, then that's good enough reason for me.

Posted by .
Unregistered

madelf. said: I'd go to Cali but 1) it seems too costly and 2) don't dig earthquakes and wildfires. The mid Atlantic, here, doesn't have much in the way of extreme weather or natural disasters... although the winters are gray, wet and cold.

Earthquakes and wildfires aren't a big deal, they affect a small portion of residents. 

On the flip side, cold inclimate weather affects everyone.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Waaaaaaaaah!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

Do you have live oaks and Spanish moss in Cali?  If no, then that's good enough reason for me.

Yes, they have those in cali

Posted by .
Unregistered

WHERE?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Spanish moss hangin from a Live Oak tree,

Down in Mississippi, down in New Orleans
                                                                  Rockin Randall aka Hank JR

Posted by madelf.
Unregistered

. said:
Earthquakes and wildfires aren't a big deal, they affect a small portion of residents. 

On the flip side, cold inclimate weather affects everyone.

­Yeah, that is why I put too costly as #1. Cold, gray winters aren't too bad. Sometimes we get snowed in and can't go to work and school for a few days. :)

Posted by .
Unregistered

Filthadelphia

Posted by .
Unregistered

madelf. said:
­Yeah, that is why I put too costly as #1. Cold, gray winters aren't too bad. Sometimes we get snowed in and can't go to work and school for a few days. :)

It's expensive. It would be hard to move there from a lower cost state. But people manage to do it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Yep, Cali got the jobs.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Yep, Cali got the jobs.

Yeah, it's one of the biggest economies in the world. You're right.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Yeah, you're right.

Posted by .
Unregistered

So, CCW is legal now in California, correct?

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.