Topic: Just Spent $19 On A Box Of Cat Litter
Posted by Fudster
Unregistered

Fucking CVS

:rant:

That same box would be $13 at the grocer.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The dirt is free. And it's outside.

Posted by .
Unregistered

What I'm about to tell you is crazy, and it's a sign that something's badly wrong with retailing in North America.

But here goes:  Amazon will deliver your favorite brand of cat litter to your door for far less than you can buy it in a local brick and mortar store.  Granted, your UPS guy will hate you even more than he already does, but you'll save enough over the year to be able to give him a decent tip.

Posted by .
Unregistered

CVS really sticks it to you.  for what they make off those drugs they could probably afford to give everything away

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: What I'm about to tell you is crazy, and it's a sign that something's badly wrong with retailing in North America.

But here goes:  Amazon will deliver your favorite brand of cat litter to your door for far less than you can buy it in a local brick and mortar store.  Granted, your UPS guy will hate you even more than he already does, but you'll save enough over the year to be able to give him a decent tip.

­
It's still cheaper to pick it up at pet co

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: What I'm about to tell you is crazy, and it's a sign that something's badly wrong with retailing in North America.

obviously Amazon is financed by the banks.   they just pay money to build the warehouses, buy the trucks.  all with money that really belongs to the people, not to private fucking banks.

if the government could create it's own money and just do the same thing, then people would question government employees making $100 billion in profit.

there's no mystery to the German Economic MIracle.  it was just the government building Amazon warehouses and buying trucks, instead of banksters robbing the population

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

­
For me, looking at the "Fresh Step" brand litter (which is what my cat is used to), Amazon is 15% cheaper than my grocery store, and the grocery store is cheaper than PetSmart.  And did I mention that the Amazon stuff gets delivered right to my door?  And that I never want X boxes, only to find that the store only has (X-2) boxes on the shelf?

Also, price your pet's food on Chewy.com   They are affiliated with PetSmart, but they undercut PetSmart's prices on the food I'm interested in.  They have free freight if your order is over $49, and stuff routinely arrives the next day.  (Caveat - I live in the midwest; your mileage may vary).

:fatcat:

Posted by Fudster
Unregistered

­
Thanks! I never thought about Amazon for cat litter.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
­

­
For me, looking at the "Fresh Step" brand litter (which is what my cat is used to), Amazon is 15% cheaper than my grocery store, and the grocery store is cheaper than PetSmart.  And did I mention that the Amazon stuff gets delivered right to my door?  And that I never want X boxes, only to find that the store only has (X-2) boxes on the shelf?

Also, price your pet's food on Chewy.com   They are affiliated with PetSmart, but they undercut PetSmart's prices on the food I'm interested in.  They have free freight if your order is over $49, and stuff routinely arrives the next day.  (Caveat - I live in the midwest; your mileage may vary).

:fatcat:

­
The gf gets cat litter and food delivered from chewy. At first glance it seemed retarded, but its cheaper and like you say delivered to your door. No lugging around and fighting 30 pound boxes. She also orders cases of paper towels and toilet paper.

All bulky goods should be ordered online as far as im concerned.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I thought this was going to be a thread on modern art

Posted by .
Unregistered

Do you tip your UPS guy?  How do you do it and how much?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Do you tip your UPS guy?  How do you do it and how much?

­
Him and the regular mailman.  Crappy greeting card from the dollar store ("Thanks for Everything You Do!" sort of thing), with cash tucked inside, since that's slightly classier than just handing him cash.  I work from home most days, though, which makes it easier to do (and to make sure that the regular guy is working my route that day, and not a substitute).

I'm thinking maybe $50 each because my household gets absurd amounts of stuff.

Posted by Fudster
Unregistered

. said:
­
Him and the regular mailman.  Crappy greeting card from the dollar store ("Thanks for Everything You Do!" sort of thing), with cash tucked inside, since that's slightly classier than just handing him cash.  I work from home most days, though, which makes it easier to do (and to make sure that the regular guy is working my route that day, and not a substitute).

I'm thinking maybe $50 each because my household gets absurd amounts of stuff.

­
Sort of the same here.

I give each of the regular delivery guys a hunny each year. They are good guys.

I'm fairly certain the UPS guy could and would get me an untraceable revolver if the need arose.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.