Topic: Financial dilemma and I could really use some honest help.
Posted by .
Unregistered

I've got a bunch of money (several million) that I will leave to my two kids, both adults now.

My dilemma is this:  Do I tell them now how much they can expect in an inheritance?  Or do I just keep it to myself and let them find out what their inheritance is when I die.

My two kids are both responsible, with good jobs and a bright economic future.

Right now, I am thinking that I should tell them so that they can better map out their future.

Any thoughts?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Adopt me plz

Posted by .
Unregistered

You're broke as fuck and trolling otherwise you'd know inheritance is bullshit. You'd be setting up a trust fund with a competent attorney instead of being late for your blood sugar test you man-orca

Posted by .
Unregistered

Give it to them now while it's still worth something. They've got 10, maybe 15 years max to prepare for the Mad Max future.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I've got a bunch of money (several million) that I will leave to my two kids, both adults now.

My dilemma is this:  Do I tell them now how much they can expect in an inheritance?  Or do I just keep it to myself and let them find out what their inheritance is when I die.

Right now, I am thinking that I should tell them so that they can better map out their future.

Any thoughts?

That's a tough one.  It's one of the reasons I never set up a UGTMA for my kids.  I like my kids a lot; but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: I've got a bunch of money (several million) that I will leave to my two kids, both adults now.

Any thoughts?

That's a tough one.  It's one of the reasons I never set up a UGTMA for my kids.  I like my kids a lot; but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
\
:sock:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: You're broke as fuck and trolling otherwise you'd know inheritance is bullshit. You'd be setting up a trust fund with a competent attorney instead of being late for your blood sugar test you man-orca

Oh, the money is there.  As are the trusts.  The question is not whether I give them the money now.  The question is whether I tell them how much money there is.

Does that make sense?

Posted by .
Unregistered

For their financial planning purposes, I suggest you tell them what they can expect.  It may prevent them from doing something risky they may had been considering doing.
More information is better.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: You're broke as fuck and trolling otherwise you'd know inheritance is bullshit. You'd be setting up a trust fund with a competent attorney instead of being late for your blood sugar test you man-orca

Oh, the money is there.  As are the trusts.  The question is not whether I give them the money now.  The question is whether I tell them how much money there is.

Does that make sense?

­
Indeed. Otherwise how would they properly map out their future?
\
:troll:­

Jolly good!
\
:snob:

Posted by .
Unregistered

That's a new one. Let's run through the current list:
Ham Planet
Manatee
Visible from Space
Enemy of the Rav4 Suspension
Part of the Poo-Pair
Man-Orca

Posted by Fudster
Unregistered

Go to a trust attorney. They should charge you $2-3000 to set up an irrevocable trust.

After it is set up, don't tell the kids. They don't need to know shit about your money.

Or, tell them and... When they murder you next summer, try to look surprised as you whirl around and see their faces after the first hatchet blow to your head.

Posted by .
Unregistered

OP's post is a recurring troll.

:troll:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: OP's post is a recurring troll.

:troll:

Even so, it is a topic I, myself, have often thought about.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Neither.
Build a tomb with a crypt with you in the center and give them a free burial spot in your crypt.

Everyone has to die, they can live without worrying about handling their remains.

Posted by Fudster
Unregistered

. said:
Even so, it is a topic I, myself, have often thought about.

­
I've a bunch of assets, and few close family members... most of which are older than me.

I've changed my mind a hundred times over the years about what to do with the money when I die. Currently, I have it set up to all go to a 25 year old niece, and to a few charities. My fear is that too much money will fuck up my niece. She is a good kid.

Some mornings I wake up and think that I'll find my own version of Anna Nicole Smith, have her take care of me and leave her the crumbs. Then, I realize how bad that would suck, outside of the sex part.

It's really difficult to decide what to do with assets. In the end, it won't really matter. With my last breath, I'll probably only be thinking how much it sucks I don't have another breath coming.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

That's a new one. Let's run through the current list:
Ham Planet
Manatee
Visible from Space
Enemy of the Rav4 Suspension
Part of the Poo-Pair
Man-Orca

­
Don't forget shitleg. A personal fave.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.