Topic: Trump moves the Bureau of Public Land Management from D.C. to Colorado. Libtard employees quit.
Posted by .
Unregistered

The Trump administration is preparing to move the public lands management bureau out of Washington, DC to Colorado. It makes perfect sense because the vast majority of public lands are out west.

It’s a great tactical move as well. One of the best ways to drain the swamp is to decentralize federal agencies by getting them out of the swamp.

Some employees are not happy about this and are quitting rather than moving to Colorado. It’s almost like what they really care about is living in DC, and not public lands management.

The Associated Press reports:

Opponents warn of staff exodus as US breaks up lands bureau

Opponents of the Trump administration’s plan to break up the Washington, D.C., headquarters of the country’s public lands bureau are warning of a brain drain, saying many staffers who are being reassigned are opting to quit rather than move out West.

U.S. Interior Secretary David Bernhardt defended the move Friday. Opponents have projected that the number of Bureau of Land Management staffers agreeing to move from headquarters could be as low as 15%, which Bernhardt said was “not consistent with what I’ve seen.”

Speaking at a Las Vegas conference on Colorado River water supplies, Bernhardt said he did not immediately have firmer figures, however.

“A year from now … you’re going to find out that it worked really well,” Bernhardt told reporters.

The Trump administration says the plan will save taxpayers millions of dollars, lead to better, faster decisions and trim a “top heavy” office in Washington. Moving the bureau out of Washington is a long-cherished goal of Western state politicians who cite the preponderance of public lands in their part of the country and their lack of access to decision-makers.

The deadline for most staffers to notify the land bureau, which is overseen by the Interior Department, whether they intended to move was Thursday. But the bureau had not yet compiled a count for how many staffers had so far agreed to relocate, spokesman Derrick Henry said.

Posted by .
Unregistered

We love public land. We just don’t want to live there or near people who enjoy it.
\
:lib:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Awesome. There will be plenty of good new jobs opening in Colorado then. Trump may even flip it and win in 2020.

Posted by .
Unregistered

It makes no fucking sense at all.  The major job of the BLM in D.C. is to interact with Congress and other Federal Agencies.  Legislative Affairs, Budgeting, Cross-Agency Policy, etc.
Those people who moved to Colorado are going to spend half their lives on an airplane, and the cost of the move will be quickly overtaken by the added cost of travel, lodging and per diem.

Bad decision.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: It makes no fucking sense at all.  The major job of the BLM in D.C. is to interact with Congress and other Federal Agencies.  Legislative Affairs, Budgeting, Cross-Agency Policy, etc.
Those people who moved to Colorado are going to spend half their lives on an airplane, and the cost of the move will be quickly overtaken by the added cost of travel, lodging and per diem.

Bad decision.

Wrong. They can skype for free!

Drain the swamp!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: It makes no fucking sense at all.  The major job of the BLM in D.C. is to interact with Congress and other Federal Agencies.  Legislative Affairs, Budgeting, Cross-Agency Policy, etc.

Bad decision.

Wrong. They can skype for free!

Drain the swamp!

My guess is that you have never stepped foot in a D.C. Federal Government Agency.  I'm also guessing you have no fucking clue as to what they do.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
My guess is that you have never stepped foot in a D.C. Federal Government Agency.  I'm also guessing you have no fucking clue as to what they do.

The fact that most Americans have no clue what they do shows how unnecessary their jobs are. People who do important jobs are known.

Fuck’em. Give them a phone and a fax. They had less than that at D-day and we still kicked ass!

Posted by .
Unregistered

The fact is we have a blowhard talking out of his fat ass>

Drain that swamp. Fuck the bureaucrat drones.

Posted by .
Unregistered

the entire government is moving to colorado because of global warming and sea level rise.

in 200 years most of the US will be under water.
Colorado, the ozarks and north texas are safe zone.

Watch the fortune 100 move their corporate HQ from the coasts to North Texas, Colorado and the Ozarks.

The government has known since the 70's the mississippi river will flood, the arkansas river will flood and the coastal cities can't be saved from the sea.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

It's a Trump tard. He probably doesn't know how to tie his shoes, assuming he can reach them over his bulging Milwaukee's Best beer belly.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I worked in the USDA Forest Service headquarters back in D.C. back in the early 2000's.  I could look out my window and see the Washington Monument and the White House.
3/4 of my time was dealing with Congressional Staffers and Tree/Forest Associations and Lobbying Groups.
The Capitol was right up Independence Avenue, a couple of blocks away.  It was a pain in the ass to get to Congressional Staff meetings.  I don't see how that work can be done from Colorado.  Fuck, that's why we have field people in Colorado.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I worked in the USDA Forest Service headquarters back in D.C. back in the early 2000's.  I could look out my window and see the Washington Monument and the White House.
3/4 of my time was dealing with Congressional Staffers and Tree/Forest Associations and Lobbying Groups.
The Capitol was right up Independence Avenue, a couple of blocks away.  It was a pain in the ass to get to Congressional Staff meetings.  I don't see how that work can be done from Colorado.  Fuck, that's why we have field people in Colorado.

Baggers don't have the minimum of a brain cell to know what you are talking about.  They may as well believe in unicorns and magic ponies.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Bad decision.

­
We ask congress how to cut down trees all the time!
\
:winner:

Harvard GED in land management at work here.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I worked in the USDA Forest Service headquarters back in D.C. back in the early 2000's.  I could look out my window and see the Washington Monument and the White House.

­
So what you are saying is your job was a waste of taxpayer money.  It didn't actually DO anything. 

Sounds like a great decision.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­

FUCK CONGRESS AND FUCK YOU.

:fuckyou:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­
So what you are saying is your job was a waste of taxpayer money.  It didn't actually DO anything. 

Sounds like a great decision.

Not at all.  My job was important.  And what I'm saying is that someone based in Colorado will find my job impossible for him to do.  I couldn't tell you how many late hours I spent with Congressional Staffers eating pizza and throwing shit off the wall in order to get budgeting or a piece of legislation even considered, much less passed.
I lived and worked in D.C.  I could sacrifice my time.
Someone from Colorado would be fucking lost.

Posted by .
Unregistered

­
Fuck Congress

Fuck Lobbyists

and
:fuckyou:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

Please enlighten us as to what they do, why they are paid so well and enjoy health care and other benefits we pay for.

Posted by Duckford.nli
Unregistered

. said:
Not at all.  My job was important.  And what I'm saying is that someone based in Colorado will find my job impossible for him to do.  I couldn't tell you how many late hours I spent with Congressional Staffers eating pizza and throwing shit off the wall in order to get budgeting or a piece of legislation even considered, much less passed.

­
You have made the case for moving everything to Colorado, even if you are too dense to understand it.  The process you go through and the job you hae are exactly the things that make the swamp and make the State the giant pile of shit it is. 

More importantly, we should completely disband the BLM, it should have never been created in the first place.  The old system, letting the states manage the State's public lands for the State was the best practice.  That should be the real goal, eliminating more and more government jobs and agencies and returning things back to the states.

You aren't getting the decentralized, drain the swamp thing at all.  You ARE the problem.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

Depends what the BLM is supposed to do. Work with the state and local folks who use the land, or hang out with over paid bureaucrats eating tax payer funded pizza. 

If these "D.C." folks are so valuable, they'll be able to find suitable work elsewhere.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Duckford.nli said:
. said:

­
You have made the case for moving everything to Colorado, even if you are too dense to understand it.  The process you go through and the job you hae are exactly the things that make the swamp and make the State the giant pile of shit it is. 

More importantly, we should completely disband the BLM, it should have never been created in the first place.  The old system, letting the states manage the State's public lands for the State was the best practice.  That should be the real goal, eliminating more and more government jobs and agencies and returning things back to the states.

You aren't getting the decentralized, drain the swamp thing at all.  You ARE the problem.

^^^^^^^^^^^^  THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                   Remember to Vote '.' in 2020.  

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

I see the guy's point.  Field jobs (working with people in the state) is entirely different from someone having to work with Congress.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
I see the guy's point.  Field jobs (working with people in the state) is entirely different from someone having to work with Congress.

"Working with Congress" is not a 50 hour or 40 hour per week thing.  A lot more productive time will spent working from the district.

The biggest hassle is getting meetings set up and the schedule always changes. Most of the meetings are bullshit time wasters and could be better handled via video conference. 

Work with the Congress people at their local offices. Have your peeps call his/her peeps.  

A LOT of good will come from this :yoda:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Trump really doesn't give a fuck. He just wants to piss people off and burn shit down. He would ship them all to Puerto Rico or Gitmo.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The most dangerous place to be at work is standing between a government worker and the door at 4:00.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.