Topic: In the UK, the House of Commons is parallel to America's Congress.
Posted by .

"Commons" as in "commoner", or lowly, low-class, ordinary people.

Really makes you think.

Posted by .

Keep telling ya.

Read a book. :thumbup:

Posted by .

House of Commons is for snobs (sine nobilitateĀ i,e, without nobility).

House of Lords is for nobility (Lords).

It is similar, though not exactly the same as the U.S. Congress and Senate (because nobody in the USA is allowed a title of nobility :mittens:)

Quick Reply

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close