Topic: So we had our Christmas event at work
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
I have not finished reading dis fread yet and I am sure that many of you can tell you stories much worse than that of the OP's.

Lots of snowflake pantywaste sissies in modern American companies today

My bet is that the rat was not a sensitive snowflake but a calculating motherfucker.

Posted by .
Unregistered

TehFreeze said: This one other time, my buddy John and I were squabbling about something and nothing.  He had polio as a kid, 23 operations on his back, and walked with two sticks. Upper body was Alpha AF, but rubbish legs, and fucked up back.  I looked at him, looked at my watch, and casually but loudly said, "I bet your wife is at home getting fucked by a black sprinter right now, amirite?"­

,OK, that was the best laugh I had all week, thanks

You have to have the right crowd of people with the right culture to get away with that kind of joke.

­
All it takes is one 'actor' who plays along but is nasty and you are in deep shit. I wish it wasn't the case, but you have to be careful (very!) at work nowadays.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
All it takes is one 'actor' who plays along but is nasty and you are in deep shit. I wish it wasn't the case, but you have to be careful (very!) at work nowadays.

Gre - do NOT assume you are trust people at work. Nobody. Least of all HR.

Posted by .
Unregistered

You should have heard what OP said about you at the Xmas party.
\
:milton:

That motherfucker is going down.
\
:tfb:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: You should have heard what OP said about you at the Xmas party.
\
:milton:

That motherfucker is going down.
\
:tfb:

OP here - because of an upcoming follow up conversation with HR I wrote down exactly who said what that evening. Now that I look back, what I had said would only be interpreted in above way if the person listening had that preconceived idea in his/her head. It was very ambiguous. More and more I feel like I've been painted to look bad.

Posted by .
Unregistered

OP: if you really have dirt on what others said then be aware that in most corporate ethics policies it refers to an obligation to speak up. 

If you get kicked out and you play your cards right, you may be in a position to sue your employer for $$$

Posted by .
Unregistered

TehFreeze said: This one other time, my buddy John and I were squabbling about something and nothing.  He had polio as a kid, 23 operations on his back, and walked with two sticks. Upper body was Alpha AF, but rubbish legs, and fucked up back.  I looked at him, looked at my watch, and casually but loudly said, "I bet your wife is at home getting fucked by a black sprinter right now, amirite?"­

You have to have the right crowd of people with the right culture to get away with that kind of joke.

:thankyouthankyou:

And the best part is, it is 196% TRUE!  I REALLY did say that to him, in an open plan office.  Where?  Michigan, back in the mid-1990's.  He was a proper goold ol' boy.  Drove an F150, crashed it into a fucking tree one Friday night, all drunked up, then hobbled off, on crutches, to a nearby house to use the phone and get his son to come pick him up.  He told us on Monday that when he went to report the accident to the Police on Sunday he got a proper bollocking because he had left the scene of an accident.  They also said, "we found lots of empty beer cans in the floorwell of the truck!  Had you been drinking?"

"Who me?  No way!  They must have burst open at the moment of the impact with the tree" :snicker:

I swear to God, he told us that.  Can you imagine, this fucking bloke, a typical Michigander, big upper body, a Dan Severn moustache, checked shirt, with fucked up legs, plates in his back, and walking on two sticks, waddling in and pretending butter wouldn't melt in his mouth?  :lol:

Back then, women were cool.  John would often try and get a rise out of the office women. His forefathers were Polish.  I won't use his real surname because there are a lot of doxxing weirdos on this board.  He used to say, from time to time, loudly, "As old grandma Binkowski used to say, 'If you want to make a woman happy, give her nothing, and treat her like SHIT!"'"  :lol:

The women in the office would feign shock and say things like "Oh John, you can't say things like that!" then laugh.  NOBODY WENT TO FUCKING HR.  EVAR!  :lol:
\
:gramps:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­

Yeah, I know what you mean.  BUt it wasn't like that back then.  I'm a Snaggletoof, and I was working in Michigan in the mid-90's.  Our culture was very similar: rip the shit out of each other in any way imaginable, and don't give a flying fuck about the consequences.  It's how friendships are formed.

I was in doing destruction testing all weekend, and still there at 5:30 a.m. on Monday morning.  John started work at 5:30 a.m. and finished at 2.30 p.m. every day, so he could sit by the lake drinking and fishing.  He had a make-work job as the Security Administrator for the Procurement system, because he was too crippled to work on the line, and didn't have a degree, so couldn't be trusted to do any real office work per se.  I didn't normally get into work until 7.  I was on the phone to my boss, Dawn, who was at home, asking how the testing went because we were going to launch the new system at 9 a.m. Monday.

John walked past and was so surprised to see me in before him, he said "hey bloke, bloke, bloke, what the hell are you doing in?" and just as he said it, a glossy supplement in the newspaper he was carrying, slipped out, went under his foot, his foot slipped like it was on a fucking banana peel, and he fell over, really hard!  I casually said to my boss, "Dawn, I need to call you back, John just fell on his fucking arse, the useless cunt" :lol:

He wasn't hurt, and we both pissed ourselves laughing because it was like something out of fucking Laurel and Hardy the way he went down.  Can you IMAGINE it nowadays?  A disabled "member of the team" has an accident at work? Fucking paramedics would be called, HR would be called, the Office of General Counsel would be notified, so as to prepare for any lawsuits, ANYBODY who expressed anything but genuine and sincere concern for poor John would be FIRED!  :lol:

We live in CLOWN WORLD.  I used to enjoy going to work, for the banter and sledging.  SO fucking glad I'm not in that world any more.  
\
:gramps:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Sad thread

PC caused this and life is less fun as a result

Posted by .
Unregistered

OP, assuming you either stay in your job, or find another one, here is my protip: go on ebay or amazon and order a covert camera recording device, shaped like a car keyfob. They're only about 10 bucks. Buy a few storage cards.  Then take it to work, have it on your belt loop on your pants.  And be prepared to activate it AT ANY TIME, in ANY INTERACTION with other workers.  If you ever go on a Christmas do again, have it on all night.

Transfer the day's recordings to your PC at home, and any potentially controversial comments picked up, file and catalogue them.

Go from being the hunted, to the hunter.  Become the newspaper Editor, with a folder of dirt in a drawer on ALL of your co-workers.  If and when you need to, you can go :nuke:­ on their arse, and when HR say "why didn't you come to us immediately with this :tfb:" you say, "because there is a systemic culture of [insert whatever applies] and I was gathering evidence over a period of time to demonstrate that this was not a one-off incident but is in fact systemic, from the top down".

Sphincters will clasp, the OGC will be called, potential settlements will be debated.

$10 and you can have a fucking James Bond miniature camera recording device.  DON'T ASSUME FOR A FUCKING MOMENT THAT YOUR CO-WORKERS DON'T ALSO THIS AND ARE ALSO RECORDING YOUR EVERY FUCKING WORD....
\
:moreyouknow:

Posted by .
Unregistered

What range of settlement?

Posted by .
Unregistered

OP here - thanks for the funny, scary but mainly the useful / encouraging comments.

Hopefully it'll be resolved without it blowing up. If not, I am prepared to pour gasoline on the fire as there's a systemic issue and I have a LOT of stories / quotes to support that and it would drag the board of directors into it and probably cause some senior leadership team members to be severely impacted. Talking about events which go far, far, far beyond my tame 5-6 word comment late at night with a few colleagues and far too many beers.

It's ridiculous how this is potentially being blown out of proportion when you compare it with the above. 

Will let you know if I need to start looking for a lawyer later this week...

Posted by .
Unregistered

https://www.classaction.org/blog/class-action-alleges-mcdonalds-toxic-culture-is-to-blame-for-systemic-sexual-harassment-workplace-hostility

5 million dollars

Posted by .
Unregistered

My work just gives us a large cash bonus.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: My work just gives us a large cash bonus.

­????

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: OP here

This thing is blown out of proportion

I received the HR call Friday morning and was told I'd get a call back with an update end of the day on Friday. That call didn't come but received a brief mail that they'd get back to me early next week and I was told to enjoy the weekend.

So either it's going to just 'disappear' or they are preparing to fire me.

There were multiple people present and probably 2 likely candidates who ratted on me. One of them I have so far actually protected because he said things which would be career destroying. I may after all share that with HR - in case he was the rat then at least I'll protect myself. The problem is, he said things about HR... some very nasty things...

­
In todays economy don't sweat it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

i would not want to work in such a neurotic environment, period

OP, let is knoa the outcome

Generally, unless you did something very dramatic (but then your ass would have been kicked out already), these things blow over

If they do kick you out, make clear that they are setting the bar very low and you will feel compellen to test with a range of far more significant ethics complains - they will sweat

Posted by .
Unregistered

Even if you survive this, they will keep a close eye on you so i strongly suggest you start looking for a new job elsewhere

Posted by .
Unregistered

Don’t kill yourself for the company as they will spit you out and replace you in no time

Your co workers are your enemies, not your friends

HR is evil

Always stay sharp as you will have people trying to destroy you

Posted by .
Unregistered

Treat companies the way they treat employees: with utter contempt

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Treat companies the way they treat employees: with utter contempt

­gre

Posted by .
Unregistered

This thread has run its course

We need an update from the OP

Sepps elect trump yet are crazy fascists at work

Posted by .
Unregistered

OP here

HR approached the hen who had been informed on the issue (which means i now know who the rat was) and she told HR to forget about it - that it was a non issue and stupid to even be spending time on it

Thank god

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.