Topic: So we had our Christmas event at work
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
That is so fucking PATHETIC.  Jesus H CHRIST.  There was a female Purchasing Director where I worked in the 90's and she was good looking with tip-top tits.  She came by one day for something or other (I was in an open plan office) and when she'd gone I turned round to my buddy whose cube was behind mine (and bear in mind there were at least a dozen other people in the open plan office, including 3 or 4 females) and I said "she's got GREAT tits!".  My buddy John perked up and said, "OOOOOOH!  That Debbie used to be a raving sort!  She used to do lines of cocaines of two or three guy's dicks in a row!"

I swear to God, that really happened.  EVERONE pissed themselves laughing, including the women.  That was a typidal day in the office.

This one other time, my buddy John and I were squabbling about something and nothing.  He had polio as a kid, 23 operations on his back, and walked with two sticks. Upper body was Alpha AF, but rubbish legs, and fucked up back.  I looked at him, looked at my watch, and casually but loudly said, "I bet your wife is at home getting fucked by a black sprinter right now, amirite?"

Well, the entire office erupted in :lmao:

Nobody called HR.  John was almost in tears with laughter.  We were productive as fuck after ripping shit out of each other.  Good timbs, good timbs...
\
:gramps:

­
This.

People need to develop a bit of thickness on their skin and not get all upset.

I've had hens grope my ass, overhead them making disparaging remarks about my looks, overheard them talking in vulgar ways about an interview candidate, had one hen at work (from HR!) stalk me for a year, etc etc. - did I run to HR? Fuck no. Just suck it up and move on.

Posted by .
Unregistered

OP sorry but you were naive for letting yourself go like that. Your colleagues aren't your friends. It's a jungle out there. But you figured that out now. Better now than never.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Nothing dramatic, just a comment about one colleague at the table banging a female colleague (which, in fact, was true) who was not at the event.

Some white knight at the table must have picked up on it. Nasty bastard. My comment was tame compared to others made that evening. 

Really pissed off. Can't even be guys and relax with each other with a few beers too many... annoying.

­
I work for a foreign company.  Light sexual harassment and contact is culturally ok.  Stuff done in Poland, France, and Spain - would not fly here.  Partying with your colleagues here is a liability, simply don't do it.

My drunken fling with the marketing manager in Poland, probably should not be attempted in the US.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
I work for a foreign company.  Light sexual harassment and contact is culturally ok.  Stuff done in Poland, France, and Spain - would not fly here.  Partying with your colleagues here is a liability, simply don't do it.

My drunken fling with the marketing manager in Poland, probably should not be attempted in the US.

US companies are terribly neurotic about this

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

they are afraid of lawsuits

Posted by .
Unregistered

I remember dropping by HR and asking for some assistance on a health insurance issue, back when they did that sort of thing. So she shoves a jar of candy towards me...

Would you like a lollipop?
\
:dominatrix:

No thanks. But I wouldn't mind watching you eat one
\
:trev:

Posted by .
Unregistered

I remember walking in on someone’s office Xmas party by mistake years ago, looked like a law office or accountant firm - they had brought in a comedian dressed like Santa, and had all the ladies sit in his lap so Dirty Santa could say cheeky things to make the drunken attendees roar with laughter. The women were clearly embarrassed & red faced at their turn but laughed it off as the annual Xmas party foolishness.

Posted by .
Unregistered

OP here

This thing is blown out of proportion

I received the HR call Friday morning and was told I'd get a call back with an update end of the day on Friday. That call didn't come but received a brief mail that they'd get back to me early next week and I was told to enjoy the weekend.

So either it's going to just 'disappear' or they are preparing to fire me.

There were multiple people present and probably 2 likely candidates who ratted on me. One of them I have so far actually protected because he said things which would be career destroying. I may after all share that with HR - in case he was the rat then at least I'll protect myself. The problem is, he said things about HR... some very nasty things...

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

­And he was such a cute guy.  I still miss him.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­
In US operations at my company, there just aren't any women.  It's mostly men in sales and support.  The women are in HR, Marketing, Finance, and Backend Sales Administration.  None of which is done in the US.  HR is, unsurprisingly, 100% female.

Thank god they aren't here because our non-company "events" are not exactly PC.  Some of the women from Europe though, they are down with strip clubs and out drink/smoke anyone on my team.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: OP here

This thing is blown out of proportion

I received the HR call Friday morning and was told I'd get a call back with an update end of the day on Friday. That call didn't come but received a brief mail that they'd get back to me early next week and I was told to enjoy the weekend.

So either it's going to just 'disappear' or they are preparing to fire me.

There were multiple people present and probably 2 likely candidates who ratted on me. One of them I have so far actually protected because he said things which would be career destroying. I may after all share that with HR - in case he was the rat then at least I'll protect myself. The problem is, he said things about HR... some very nasty things...

They are going to fire you. "was told to enjoy the weekend" - telltale sign. 

Posted by .
Unregistered

there's your freedom.  the corporation is worse than any soviet gulag, but people are just thankful to have a job working there, because what are you gonna do?  go sell pencils?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Telltale sign or code for relax, don't worry

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Telltale sign or code for relax, don't worry

OP should remember HR is not a lawyer or a judge. Facts, law, fairness are irrelevant. HR focuses on eliminating risk to the company regardless of fair or unfair. As long as they can get away with it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I sent out an email two years ago saying I would only talk to people about work related issues going forward. basically that you couldn't say anything anymore and the rules kept changing so fast I didn't even know what they were anymore. The liberals all hate me and the normal people love me.

Posted by .
Unregistered

WEAK ASSED SJW FAGZ THAT CAN'T TAKE A SLIGHT RIBBING FROM COWORKERS YET WANNA DICTATE THE BEHAVIOR OF OTHERS BY DOXING, HARRASMENT, AND BLACK-BALLING.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: There were multiple people present and probably 2 likely candidates who ratted on me. One of them I have so far actually protected because he said things which would be career destroying. I may after all share that with HR - in case he was the rat then at least I'll protect myself. The problem is, he said things about HR... some very nasty things...

­
And you think they would believe you? Man, you really need to understand what NOT to say around certain people. They'll just assume you're bitter and it will reinforce their idea of you.

Posted by .
Unregistered

OP - sit back, relax, there's nothing else you can do at this point. It could be that they are consulting a lawyer, it could also be that this is not a big issue for them. Only time will tell.

If you get screwed over then it really sucks. Make sure you have any dirt on the company / fellow employees in a safe spot case you need it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
And you think they would believe you? Man, you really need to understand what NOT to say around certain people. They'll just assume you're bitter and it will reinforce their idea of you.

OP would have witnesses though.

Posted by .
Unregistered

You never know in cases like this. Could be that ranks are closed and it is blown off, could be that you get terminated just to eliminate risk.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Thread still alive, funny. OP here. One of the stories told was referring to things the CFO (!!!) said 3-4 weeks ago in a meeting with multiple witnesses. Things that were MUCH worse than what I had said. I'm keeping that in my back pocket in case my little issue blows up.

Posted by .
Unregistered

OP: do let us know how this ends up, I'm curious

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said: Jesus fuck what was your joke?

PS I don't believe any of this I am the only poaster here who actually has a job.

­
I have not finished reading dis fread yet and I am sure that many of you can tell you stories much worse than that of the OP's.

Lots of snowflake pantywaste sissies in modern American companies today

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Thread still alive, funny. OP here. One of the stories told was referring to things the CFO (!!!) said 3-4 weeks ago in a meeting with multiple witnesses. Things that were MUCH worse than what I had said. I'm keeping that in my back pocket in case my little issue blows up.

Smart thinking but ONLY play that card if/when it's clear that you're being pushed out. Play it too early and you will be branded a liability and all legal alarms will go off, they'll try to find dirt on you (if it is a large company), etc.

Best bet is be humble, tell them you realize you were a dumbass (not that you were wrong, just a dumbass for putting yourself in such a position where somebody could fuck you over) and patiently see what happens.

Posted by TehFreeze
Unregistered

This one other time, my buddy John and I were squabbling about something and nothing.  He had polio as a kid, 23 operations on his back, and walked with two sticks. Upper body was Alpha AF, but rubbish legs, and fucked up back.  I looked at him, looked at my watch, and casually but loudly said, "I bet your wife is at home getting fucked by a black sprinter right now, amirite?"­

,OK, that was the best laugh I had all week, thanks

You have to have the right crowd of people with the right culture to get away with that kind of joke.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.