Topic: How Does The UK Election Affect Brexit?
Posted by Fudster
Unregistered


Anyone?


Posted by death2me
Greta is right!


It means it will happen in six weeks because Parliament can pass the Withdrawal Bill.


Posted by Fudster
Unregistered


death2me said: It means it will happen in six weeks because Parliament can pass the Withdrawal Bill.

­
Do you think it will really happen?

I've always thought it was just a ruse.


Posted by death2me
Greta is right!


Fudster said:
­
Do you think it will really happen?

I've always thought it was just a ruse.

Yes, though the Withdrawal Agreement keeps everything the same as it is now for a couple of years whilst they figure things out.

The problem has been that the UK can't agree on what it actually wants. OK, leave the EU, but you have to make a choice to do something else, even if that choice is Leave with No Deal.

So far they've had no majority in Parliament or amongst the public for any choice but now they do have one  in Parliament.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Agree with Brexit or not - it was time to go one way or the other.  Conflating this with what's happening in American politics is just an intellectually lazy way to make sense of a complicated world.   Sure there are parallels but in the end Britain pulled out of a political and economic agreement; Trump is a far worse stain on this country than Brexit will ever be on the UK.  And a far larger threat to World Order.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Fast forward five years. Even assuming Scotland doesn't declare independence, the UK is going to take a massive hit from this. They will become a third rate power at best. And if anybody thinks Donald Trump is going to sign any trade deals favorable to the UK, you clearly haven't been paying attention.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Boris essentially ran on "let's get this national suicide done."


I fear he'll succeed. Whether anyone will learn from it...


Posted by .
Unregistered


Good bye, United Kingdom - Hello, England.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Reality now has full sway on the Brexiteers. I think the British are in for a very rude awaking .


Posted by .
Unregistered


Thanks, U.K.! 

You proved that the USA isn't the only country filled with idiots.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Thanks, U.K.! 

You proved that the USA isn't the only country filled with idiots.
\
:cryingnazi:


Posted by .
Unregistered


We're all doomed!
\
:jew:


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Thanks, U.K.! 

You proved that the USA isn't the only country filled with idiots.
\
:crybaby:

­
Looks like you will have to get a job. Sad.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Offshore betting odds for Brexit have skyrocketed.  It's pretty much a done deal.

https://electionbettingodds.com/BrexitDate.html


Posted by .
Unregistered


Yep.

Many more rivers of tears, coming soon to a libtard near you. :lol:


Posted by .
Unregistered


death2me said:
Fudster said:
­
Do you think it will really happen?

I've always thought it was just a ruse.

Yes, though the Withdrawal Agreement keeps everything the same as it is now for a couple of years whilst they figure things out.

The problem has been that the UK can't agree on what it actually wants. OK, leave the EU, but you have to make a choice to do something else, even if that choice is Leave with No Deal.

So far they've had no majority in Parliament or amongst the public for any choice but now they do have one  in Parliament.
\
:insane:

Nobody listen to this TROLL.  His moronic trolls are so fucking tedious now.

"No majority amongst the public!  The 2016 referendum where 1 MILLION more people voted to LEAVE the EU than remain doesn't count!"
\
:winner:

:facepalm:

Brexit will NEVER happen.  Why?  Because the City of London does not want it.  Parliament exists to pander to the City of London.  The will of the people is irrelevant. That's why the City of London has The Remembrancer who is the only unelected person allowed to sit in Parliament (House of COmmons AND Lords) and TELL the Speaker of the House what he is allowed to do and what he is NOT allowed to do.

Come back in 5 years and Brexit will NOT have happened.

This is what will happen:

1.  Johnson will be conspiring with the ERG, Labour, SNP and the media (via GCHQ) to concoct a series of doubts about the election (breaking rules on funding levels, muh Russian facebook interference, creating false twitter accounts to spread lies about Labour etc, etc, etc.

2.  Encourage people such as Gina Miller to bring yet more legal challenges to Brexit.

3.  Encourage others to bring legal challenges to Brexit.

4.  Encourage the EU to cause delays to Brexit.

5.  Cause a false flag distraction, maybe Israel attacking Iran with a tactical nuke, or such.


Posted by .
Unregistered


And,now the deluge. 


I am sure Boris and the Conservatives will take several victory laps and wave the flag but check back with Britain in a couple of years and see how things are going.  Then we will know for sure if Brexit was such a good idea or not. If modern history has taught us nothing it is that momentum swings in politics and economics do not occur overnight but are slow and inexorable.

Britain suffers from some of the same problems we do .  A nation increasingly reliant on global trade for its prosperity and an unwillingness to accept what comes with that as a corollary.  Also, two nations who are seeing their, relative, grip on world power erode as other nation states rise.  In England's case it is the rise of Germany in Europe; in ours, it is China soon to become the world's largest economy and the dominant power in the Pacific region. Isolationism will not stop either of these trends from continuing in the long term. 

The reaction of other nations in Europe to this vote is illustrative. They are giddy that the Brits will Brexit. Seems these nations have figured out they don't need Britain nearly as much as the Brits think they do.  But, reality will finally set in in the UK when the price of a good Bordeaux and fine French cheese is up 25% and the purchasing power of the pound is also down 20% at the same time. Couple that with the thousands of jobs leaving The City for Paris, Berlin or Brussels and some will have second thoughts. But, that will take a while and by then I am sure the Conservatives will have created some new scapegoats for what ails their little island and its stiff upper lipped citizens.


Posted by .
Unregistered


death2me said:
Fudster said:
­
Do you think it will really happen?

I've always thought it was just a ruse.

Yes, though the Withdrawal Agreement keeps everything the same as it is now for a couple of years whilst they figure things out.

The problem has been that the UK can't agree on what it actually wants. OK, leave the EU, but you have to make a choice to do something else, even if that choice is Leave with No Deal.

So far they've had no majority in Parliament or amongst the public for any choice but now they do have one  in Parliament.

There will be a free trade deal with the US


Posted by .
Unregistered


 . said: Come back in 5 years and Brexit will NOT have happened.


Offshore betting odds for "Brexit to NOT be completed by 2022" are currently at 1.8%.

https://electionbettingodds.com/BrexitDate.html

So if you really think Brexit won't happen, then place a bet, and make 50 times your money back.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: There will be a free trade deal with the US

­
Freedom of movement deal would be cool.

I'd like the option to move to London.


Posted by .
Unregistered


The snagglebaggers will get their Brexit and suffer staggering economic hardship, past mostly on to the radicalized imbeciles that sought it.

Scotland and Ireland say "cya", and the UK will be no more, as they join the EU.­

Immigration will remain the same, much to the dismay of fascists/bigots/nazis and perhaps even casual racists.


Posted by death2me
Greta is right!


. said:
­
Freedom of movement deal would be cool.

I'd like the option to move to London.

Freedom of movement should be the default between civilised countries, really.


Posted by death2me
Greta is right!


. said:
Nobody listen to this TROLL.  His moronic trolls are so fucking tedious now.

"No majority amongst the public!  The 2016 referendum where 1 MILLION more people voted to LEAVE the EU than remain doesn't count!"
\
:winner:

:facepalm:

Brexit will NEVER happen.  Why?  Because the City of London does not want it.  Parliament exists to pander to the City of London.  The will of the people is irrelevant. That's why the City of London has The Remembrancer who is the only unelected person allowed to sit in Parliament (House of COmmons AND Lords) and TELL the Speaker of the House what he is allowed to do and what he is NOT allowed to do.

Come back in 5 years and Brexit will NOT have happened.

This is what will happen:

1.  Johnson will be conspiring with the ERG, Labour, SNP and the media (via GCHQ) to concoct a series of doubts about the election (breaking rules on funding levels, muh Russian facebook interference, creating false twitter accounts to spread lies about Labour etc, etc, etc.

2.  Encourage people such as Gina Miller to bring yet more legal challenges to Brexit.

3.  Encourage others to bring legal challenges to Brexit.

4.  Encourage the EU to cause delays to Brexit.

5.  Cause a false flag distraction, maybe Israel attacking Iran with a tactical nuke, or such.

:lol: I asked for a conspiracy theory and boy, did you deliver! :laugh:


Posted by .
Unregistered


death2me said:
. said: Freedom of movement deal would be cool.

I'd like the option to move to London.

Freedom of movement should be the default between civilised countries, really.


Canada is not a civilized country. It's basically a frozen shithole inhabited by gay beavers.


Posted by death2me
Greta is right!


. said:

Canada is not a civilized country.  It's basically a frozen shithole inhabited by gay beavers.

That's why I want to leave. :madbanana:



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close